Republicans To Demand Debate Questions In Advance

The questions aren't the problem, the problem is the inability of Republican candidates for the highest office in the land being smart enough to turn a question, any question, into an answer about policy.I find it very-very funny that Republican candidates and their supporters are pissin' and moanin' about the questions that are/were/will be asked during the debate(s), when in fact-----IN FACT the candidates were simply not smart enough, simply not deft enough, simply not quick enough on their feet to turn questions into the policy points they wanted to make during the debate(s). Ben, Donald and the seven dwarfs should've been able to turn every question into an answer about policy, the way the Democrats did - why couldn't the Republicans?

exactly.

If there was introspection in the air during the overnight flight, the network isn't saying. The only statement CNBC released was one sentence right after the debate, around the same time the RNC joined candidates in condemning the debate questioning and said CNBC should be "ashamed."

"People who want to be President of the United States should be able to answer tough questions," CNBC spokesman Brian Steel said in an email.

'Shell-shocked' CNBC staffers had long flight home

did hillary cry victim to questions when the GOP abused our justice process to perpetuate a purely political witch hunt?

"Republicans asked more than 160 questions about Mr. Blumenthal's relationship and communications with the Clintons, but less than 20 questions about the Benghazi attacks. Republicans asked more than 50 questions about the Clinton foundation but only four questions about security in Benghazi. Republicans asked more than 270 questions about Mr. Blumenthal's alleged business activities in Libya, but no questions about the U.S. presence in Benghazi. And Republicans asked more than 45 questions about David Brock, Media Matters -- I have no idea what that is even -- and affiliated entities, but no questions, no questions about Ambassador Stevens and other U.S. personnel in Benghazi."

Why Were The Benghazi Republicans Obsessed With Sidney Blumenthal?

those hearings proved that she and obama lied to the american public about the cause of the benghazi attack, they also proved that she failed in her job as SecState to provide security requested by the ambassador numerous times and then lied about that too.

Those hearings also proved that she maintained an illegal personal email server that compromised national security.

The dem debates? proved nothing except that the media is up her ass.

They proved no such thing

What they proved was that Republicans have no grounds for a continued investigation and that they are engaging in a political fishing exhibition

you really need come out of your cave more often. While hillary, obama, and rice were telling the american people that a video caused the Benghazi murders, hillary told her family and the Eqyptian prime minister that she KNEW that the video did not cause the attack. She lied to YOU, but told the truth of Cheasea and Egypt.

The FBI has found hundreds of emails containing classified US information that was transmitted on her unsecure private server in violation of US law and state dept regulations.

General Patreaus was convicted of much lesser crimes involving classified data.

Sorry dude, but your bitch is not above the law and she is a proven liar.
Again with the obsession with the video. Stevens was just as dead. And YES, it was a video that was causing protests around the Muslim world including Benghazi.

Hillary was authorized to use a private server by her agency. The State Department was aware of it and allowed it

How about we just get debate questions that are on issues instead of questions like "Mr Trump are you a comic book villain?"

How about Republican/rightwingers quit making shit up? Your question wasn't asked by CNBC and exists only in the mind of dupid Republicans - care to explain how you got it WRONG?

exactly, thank you.

same goes with the rest of what cruz whined about instead of answering a legit question...

when asked about his position on the debt limit, he'd rather cry about moderators. (sound familiar, trolls?)

cruz paraphrased exaggerated characterizations of the previous questions just to create this victim talking point.

that's just the kind of leader he is...

Cruz did answer the question, and answered it very well. After he called out the biased assholes who tried to turn the "debate" into a bashing session.

The real problem is the double standard between how the moderators acted in that debate and how moderators acted in the democrat pander fest debate.

Was the hildebeast asked about her lies about benghazi?, was she asked about the financially corrupt clinton foundation? Was she asked about her exhorbitant speaking fees at "charitible" functions? Was she asked what she thinks of Bubba's trips to juvenile sex island?

If the moderators are going to use gotcha questions with one party, they should use them with both parties. OR, they should ask both parties real policy questions and get their ideas on how they would fix the mess that the country finds itself in today.

did hillary cry victim to questions when the GOP abused our justice process to perpetuate a purely political witch hunt?

"Republicans asked more than 160 questions about Mr. Blumenthal's relationship and communications with the Clintons, but less than 20 questions about the Benghazi attacks. Republicans asked more than 50 questions about the Clinton foundation but only four questions about security in Benghazi. Republicans asked more than 270 questions about Mr. Blumenthal's alleged business activities in Libya, but no questions about the U.S. presence in Benghazi. And Republicans asked more than 45 questions about David Brock, Media Matters -- I have no idea what that is even -- and affiliated entities, but no questions, no questions about Ambassador Stevens and other U.S. personnel in Benghazi."

those hearings proved that she and obama lied to the american public about the cause of the benghazi attack, they also proved that she failed in her job as SecState to provide security requested by the ambassador numerous times and then lied about that too.

Those hearings also proved that she maintained an illegal personal email server that compromised national security.

What they proved was that Republicans have no grounds for a continued investigation and that they are engaging in a political fishing exhibition

you really need come out of your cave more often. While hillary, obama, and rice were telling the american people that a video caused the Benghazi murders, hillary told her family and the Eqyptian prime minister that she KNEW that the video did not cause the attack. She lied to YOU, but told the truth of Cheasea and Egypt.

The FBI has found hundreds of emails containing classified US information that was transmitted on her unsecure private server in violation of US law and state dept regulations.

Again with the obsession with the video. Stevens was just as dead. And YES, it was a video that was causing protests around the Muslim world including Benghazi.

Hillary disagrees with you. SHE said that she KNEW the video did not cause it, and she said it at the same time she, obama, and rice were lying to the american people.

You say its no big deal, but I think that lying to the american people is a big deal, especially when the lie is being told for political reasons.

Hillary was authorized to use a private server by her agency. The State Department was aware of it and allowed it

He might not be dead if she had provided the additional security that he personally requested hundreds of times.

Oh, I forgot. He did not have her personal email, but everyone in hollywood had it.

Cruz did answer the question, and answered it very well. After he called out the biased assholes

no, see how biased assholes like you lie shamelessly...?

but that won't stop your ilk from repeating that lie over and over, just like your benghazi talking points are all lies.

there will always be a small percentage of liars and the idiots who believe and follow their idiocy. ^

oh well. good thing the vast majority of Americans aren't that dumb...

can you say, madame president? :thup:

QUINTANILLA: Senator Cruz. Congressional Republicans, Democrats and the White House are about to strike a compromise that would raise the debt limit, prevent a government shutdown and calm financial markets that fear of -- another Washington-created crisis is on the way.

Does your opposition to it show that you're not the kind of problem-solver American voters want?

CRUZ: You know, let me say something at the outset. The questions that have been asked so far in this debate illustrate why the American people don't trust the media.

(APPLAUSE) This is not a cage match. And, you look at the questions -- "Donald Trump, are you a comic-book villain?" "Ben Carson, can you do math?" "John Kasich, will you insult two people over here?" "Marco Rubio, why don't you resign?" "Jeb Bush, why have your numbers fallen?"

How about talking about the substantive issues the people care about?

(APPLAUSE)

QUINTANILLA: (inaudible) do we get credit (inaudible)?

CRUZ: And Carl -- Carl, I'm not finished yet.

CRUZ: The contrast with the Democratic debate, where every fawning question from the media was, "Which of you is more handsome and why?"

(LAUGHTER)

And let me be clear.

(CROSSTALK)

QUINTANILLA: So, this is a question about (inaudible), which you have 30 seconds left to answer, should you choose to do so.

CRUZ: Let me be clear. The men and women on this stage have more ideas, more experience, more common sense than every participant in the Democratic debate. That debate reflected a debate between the Bolsheviks and the Mensheviks.

(LAUGHTER)

And nobody watching at home believed that any of the moderators had any intention of voting in a Republican primary. The questions that are being asked shouldn't be trying to get people to tear into each other. It should be what are your substantive positions...

(CROSSTALK)

QUINTANILLA: OK. (inaudible) I asked you about the debt limit and I got no answer.

(CROSSTALK)

CRUZ: You want me to answer that question? I'm happy to answer the question...

(CROSSTALK)

CRUZ: Let me tell you how that question...

(CROSSTALK)

(CROSSTALK)

HARWOOD: Senator Paul, I've got a question for you on the same subject.

CRUZ: ... so you don't actually want to hear the answer, John?

HARWOOD: Senator Paul?

CRUZ: You don't want to hear the answer. You just want to incite insults.

(CROSSTALK)

HARWOOD: You used your time on something else.

Senator Paul?

CRUZ: You're not interested in an answer. <----- :cuckoo:

(CROSSTALK)

HARWOOD: Senator Paul, the budget deal crafted by Speaker Boehner and passed by the House today makes cuts in entitlement programs, Medicare and Social Security disability, which are the very programs conservatives say need cutting to shrink government and solve our country's long-term budget deficit. Do you oppose that budget deal because it doesn't cut those programs enough?

The third Republican debate transcript, annotated

QUINTANILLA: Senator Cruz. Congressional Republicans, Democrats and the White House are about to strike a compromise that would raise the debt limit, prevent a government shutdown and calm financial markets that fear of -- another Washington-created crisis is on the way.

Does your opposition to it show that you're not the kind of problem-solver American voters want?

A DECENT CANDIDATE: well let me tell you why i would do this and why i wouldn't do that and why i think my vision is the better path for America. let me take this opportunity to convey my vision and convince the American people to follow my lead.

Hillary disagrees with you. SHE said that she KNEW the video did not cause it, and she said it at the same time she, obama, and rice were lying to the american people.

You say its no big deal, but I think that lying to the american people is a big deal, especially when the lie is being told for political reasons.
No, Hillary did not say that

She said there was confusion at the time.....You need watch the testimony instead of listening to the rightwing media

Cruz did answer the question, and answered it very well. After he called out the biased assholes

no, see how biased assholes like you lie shamelessly...?

but that won't stop your ilk from repeating that lie over and over, just like your benghazi talking points are all lies.

there will always be a small percentage of liars and the idiots who believe and follow their idiocy. ^

oh well. good thing the vast majority of Americans aren't that dumb...

can you say, madame president? :thup:

CRUZ: You know, let me say something at the outset. The questions that have been asked so far in this debate illustrate why the American people don't trust the media.

(APPLAUSE) This is not a cage match. And, you look at the questions -- "Donald Trump, are you a comic-book villain?" "Ben Carson, can you do math?" "John Kasich, will you insult two people over here?" "Marco Rubio, why don't you resign?" "Jeb Bush, why have your numbers fallen?"

How about talking about the substantive issues the people care about?

(APPLAUSE)

QUINTANILLA: (inaudible) do we get credit (inaudible)?

CRUZ: And Carl -- Carl, I'm not finished yet.

CRUZ: The contrast with the Democratic debate, where every fawning question from the media was, "Which of you is more handsome and why?"

(LAUGHTER)

And let me be clear.

(CROSSTALK)

QUINTANILLA: So, this is a question about (inaudible), which you have 30 seconds left to answer, should you choose to do so.

CRUZ: Let me be clear. The men and women on this stage have more ideas, more experience, more common sense than every participant in the Democratic debate. That debate reflected a debate between the Bolsheviks and the Mensheviks.

(LAUGHTER)

And nobody watching at home believed that any of the moderators had any intention of voting in a Republican primary. The questions that are being asked shouldn't be trying to get people to tear into each other. It should be what are your substantive positions...

(CROSSTALK)

QUINTANILLA: OK. (inaudible) I asked you about the debt limit and I got no answer.

(CROSSTALK)

CRUZ: You want me to answer that question? I'm happy to answer the question...

(CROSSTALK)

(CROSSTALK)

(CROSSTALK)

HARWOOD: Senator Paul, I've got a question for you on the same subject.

CRUZ: ... so you don't actually want to hear the answer, John?

HARWOOD: Senator Paul?

CRUZ: You don't want to hear the answer. You just want to incite insults.

(CROSSTALK)

HARWOOD: You used your time on something else.

Senator Paul?

CRUZ: You're not interested in an answer. <----- :cuckoo:

(CROSSTALK)

HARWOOD: Senator Paul, the budget deal crafted by Speaker Boehner and passed by the House today makes cuts in entitlement programs, Medicare and Social Security disability, which are the very programs conservatives say need cutting to shrink government and solve our country's long-term budget deficit. Do you oppose that budget deal because it doesn't cut those programs enough?

The third Republican debate transcript, annotated

He answered the question later, and several times since the debate. But it doesn't really matter to you libs does it? You are obsessed with making an old, corrupt, lying, arrogant, incompetent bitch president so you willfully ignore who and what she really is.

You did the same thing with obozo. "gotta have the first black president" "hope and change" and all that bullshit, and the country is suffering from your stupidity.

trying to have a rational political discussion with you libs is like trying to talk nuclear power with a turtle.

She said there was confusion at the time.....You need watch the testimony instead of listening to the rightwing media

I didn't say she said that during the hearings, I said that her emails proved that she said it to her family and the Egyptian prime minister.

Yes, you are correct. She lied in the hearings. There was no confusion in the obama administration except in getting them all to tell the same lies.

hillary is simply the superior candidate, by far... the GOP keeps proving it every day.

I didn't say she said that during the hearings, I said that her emails proved that she said it to her family and the Egyptian prime minister.

Yes, you are correct. She lied in the hearings. There was no confusion in the obama administration except in getting them all to tell the same lies.
No confusion

The video DID contribute to the attacks. At no time did Hillary say they didn't

A DECENT CANDIDATE: well let me tell you why i would do this and why i wouldn't do that and why i think my vision is the better path for America. let me take this opportunity to convey my vision and convince the American people to follow my lead.

please quote any such question asked during the dem debate.

n

No confusion

The video DID contribute to the attacks.

total bullshit, that claim has been proven false by the exact people who made it.

your obsession with an amatuer video that only a dozen or so people in the entire world had seen, just proves your mental deficiencies.

or i'm laughing at you :thup:

what is it about the truth that makes libs laugh? Why are your small brains incapable of dealing with reality?

must be that defective liberal gene------------------its real, its been identified as DRD4, look it up. you will learn that all of you libs have a defective gene, but fear not, medical science may someday find a cure.

last time i checked, i'm an independent moderately conservative liberal with good common sense.

but enough about me, dufus.

With all the whining and crying from the Republican Presidential candidates about getting tough questions from the media, how long will it be before they are demanding the debate questions are given to them in advance so that they can prepare and manipulate their answers? Some are already suggesting they should have hand picked moderators. That would be the same thing. Soft ball questions, advance knowledge of the questions and answers prepared by their consultants and PR staffs.

Please give us a LINK to your ridiculous tirade.

Forum List

Back