Republicans to target unions, expand school choice in states

The real problem with schools is the fact the government runs them. Can you name one single thing government does better than the private sector?

National Parks
The military

So that would be two

Okay, but here's the thing. Are private schools actually "better"? Not really. Private schools can select their students, so of course they are going to get better results. When you start off excluding any kid with a learning disability or a disciplinary problem, you are going to raise the average.

The real problem with schools is the fact the government runs them. Can you name one single thing government does better than the private sector?

National Parks
The military

So that would be two

Okay, but here's the thing. Are private schools actually "better"? Not really. Private schools can select their students, so of course they are going to get better results. When you start off excluding any kid with a learning disability or a disciplinary problem, you are going to raise the average.
National parks suck....

The military runs the military....until Obama tried to destroy them with big .gov.....

National Parks
The military

So that would be two

Nope. What's the evidence the government runs the National Parks better than a private owner could? I'll bet Yellowstone would generate a lot more revenue with a private owner or even simply with private management.

The same goes for the military. Government has a monopoly on that, so there's nothing to compare with.

National Parks
The military

So that would be two

Walt Disney would have done better job at managing the National parks..

Nope. What's the evidence the government runs the National Parks better than a private owner could? I'll bet Yellowstone would generate a lot more revenue with a private owner or even simply with private management.

Have you been to privately owned campgrounds? They pretty much suck.

The same goes for the military. Government has a monopoly on that, so there's nothing to compare with.

Sure we do. We can compare it to private firms like Blackwater, which cost a lot more and have a bad habit of creating situations that make things worse (like shooting bunches of Iraqi civilians in the street.)

My oldest daughter teaches at a charter school in a predominantly minority area. The demographic makeup of the school matches the area.

Consistently top 10% test scores in the state, kindergarten (her class) through sixth grade.

They're writing cursive and reading books in kindergarten. I sat in a class a couple of months ago. Awesome.

Those minority kids are gonna kick ass when they get older. No safe spaces there.

Sure we do. We can compare it to private firms like Blackwater, which cost a lot more and have a bad habit of creating situations that make things worse (like shooting bunches of Iraqi civilians in the street.)

What the hell you talking about?

You have the Wisconsin dells close, what private camp ground that sucks?

My oldest daughter teaches at a charter school in a predominantly minority area. The demographic makeup of the school matches the area.

Consistently top 10% test scores in the state, kindergarten (her class) through sixth grade.

They're writing cursive and reading books in kindergarten. I sat in a class a couple of months ago. Awesome.

Those minority kids are gonna kick ass when they get older. No safe spaces there.

Why is teaching cursive a good thing by you? Nobody writes in cursive anymore. It's dead technology.

They should be teaching these kids how to type on a computer.

Again, when you can cherry-pick your students, of course you are going to get good results.

Why is teaching cursive a good thing by you? Nobody writes in cursive anymore. It's dead technology.

They should be teaching these kids how to type on a computer.

Again, when you can cherry-pick your students, of course you are going to get good results.
Looks like you missed the "demographic makeup of the school matches the area" thing.

And there's far more to learning how to write cursive than the writing itself. It's the same intellectual stimulation as learning a foreign language or a musical instrument.

You also missed the "reading books in kindergarten" thing, too.

Great school. The kids have a bright future. My daughter loves it there. The downside is the homes some of the kids come from, but they'll overcome it.

What the hell you talking about?

You have the Wisconsin dells close, what private camp ground that sucks?

Ugh... the Dells? Really? You're serious?

Put down the bottle, buddy.

Showing how snobby you are or your lying..

You never been to a private campground have you?

The dells is the closest and biggest from Chicago..

So what private campgrounds are you talking about?

Looks like you missed the "demographic makeup of the school matches the area" thing.

We weren't talking about demographics. Does this charter school take the retards and the gangbangers, or do they fob them off on the Public Schools?

And there's far more to learning how to write cursive than the writing itself. It's the same intellectual stimulation as learning a foreign language or a musical instrument.

Horseshit. I learned Cursive in Grammar School and at a certain point, just stopped using it because even I couldn't read my own handwriting, much less Sister Mary Psycho...

Showing how snobby you are or your lying..

You never been to a private campground have you?

The dells is the closest and biggest from Chicago..

So what private campgrounds are you talking about?

Yes, I pass by the Dells on my way to my place in Wisconsin every year. Ugh... Dreadful, cheesy commercialized shit.

We weren't talking about demographics. Does this charter school take the retards and the gangbangers, or do they fob them off on the Public Schools?

Horseshit. I learned Cursive in Grammar School and at a certain point, just stopped using it because even I couldn't read my own handwriting, much less Sister Mary Psycho...
:laugh:
It's great to see these kids doing so well. Kids who would otherwise be treated as victims because of their skin color and family income are doing great because they're held to the same standards and expectations as anyone else. In a tougher academic environment.

My mixed-race family is so proud of my daughter, and we love it when she tells us stories of these kids. Brown or black skin doesn't mean a kid should be treated differently, and this school proves it.

It's great to see these kids doing so well. Kids who would otherwise be treated as victims because of their skin color and family income are doing great because they're held to the same standards and expectations as anyone else. In a tougher academic environment.

My mixed-race family is so proud of my daughter, and we love it when she tells us stories of these kids. Brown or black skin doesn't mean a kid should be treated differently, and this school proves it.

Nice dodge to not answer the questions, Mac.

One more try.

Is this charter school taking the special needs kids and the disciplinary problem kids? Or are they just taking kids where they can show good results with?

Nice dodge to not answer the questions, Mac.

One more try.

Is this charter school taking the special needs kids and the disciplinary problem kids? Or are they just taking kids where they can show good results with?
Not trying to dodge anything. It's not a private school, it's a charter school. Apply, do the paperwork, you're in.

Ain't that great for the kids?

This IS about the KIDS, right?

Found this on my local news station site and decided to throw it out there. The meat of the article says this:

"As President-elect Donald Trump leads an attempted makeover in Washington, Republican governors and state lawmakers will be simultaneously pushing an aggressive agenda that limits abortion, lawsuits and unions, cuts business taxes and regulations, and expands gun rights and school choice.

Republicans will hold 33 governors' offices, have majorities in 33 legislatures and control both the governor's office and legislature in 25 states - their most since 1952. Democrats will control both the governor's office and legislature in only about a half-dozen states; the rest will have politically divided governments."

Republicans to target unions, expand school choice in states

So is this such a bad agenda? I predict more snowflakes a falling.

no doubt you think it's a good idea to destroy education and enrich trumpeter buddies by giving them lucrative charter school contracts.

keep the populace dumb and teachers unpaid.

way to go!

Forum List

Back