Republicans Vote Against Anti-Corruption Bill

Lesh

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2016
House passes HR 1 government overhaul, sending it back to campaign trail

The other day the Democratically controlled House of Representatives passed an anti-corruption bill over the objection of EVERY Republican member.

The Bill then went to the Senate where Turtle McConnell said he would NOT bring it to a vote.

When asked why, his response was "Because I decide what we vote on"

We will NEVER get corruption dealt with if we keep voting for Republicans

The other day the Democratically controlled House of Representatives passed an anti-corruption bill over the objection of EVERY Republican member.

The Bill then went to the Senate where Turtle McConnell said he would NOT bring it to a vote.

/---/ Looks like another 700 pages bullshyt way for democRATs to steal more votes. BTW it's not the Feds role to impose voting laws on the states.
The overhaul, totaling about 700 pages, seeks to remake the nation’s voting, campaign finance and ethics laws. It would impose new requirements on states to offer early voting and online and same-day voter registration and would establish an optional 6-to-1 public matching system for political donations under $200. The proposal would mandate nonpartisan commissions to redraw the boundaries of congressional districts.

The proposal would mandate nonpartisan commissions to redraw the boundaries of congressional districts.
Among the many anti-corruption proposals in the bill is a section to deal with the rampant gerrymandering that Republicans have been engaging in for decades.

I mean how else can they hold the House of Reps while getting fewer votes...

Democrats, anti corruption? oxymoron :slap:
Well considering the fact that Republicans OPPOSE this anti-corruption bill...yea...you're

Wrong...to put it mildly

seeks to remake the nation’s voting, campaign finance and ethics laws. It would impose new requirements on states to offer early voting and online and same-day voter registration and would establish an optional 6-to-1 public matching system for political donations under $200.

Oh the horror huh?

seeks to remake the nation’s voting, campaign finance and ethics laws. It would impose new requirements on states to offer early voting and online and same-day voter registration and would establish an optional 6-to-1 public matching system for political donations under $200.

Oh the horror huh?

Was voter ID included in that?.....does the fourth branch of government report news or propaganda? the liberals get away with more sleazy deals than any republican could ever hope to

Was voter ID included in that?.....does the fourth branch of government report news or propaganda? the liberals get away with more sleazy deals than any republican could ever hope to

Voter ID?

We just has a Commission dedicated to providing a need for that and it closed DOWN..because it found almost nothing

So Republicans voted against (and are blocking in the Senate) an anti-corruption Bill because it didn't address a non-existent issue?

Bullshit. They want to protect gerrymandering, corporate money in election financing, and shady ethics

The proposal would mandate nonpartisan commissions to redraw the boundaries of congressional districts.
Among the many anti-corruption proposals in the bill is a section to deal with the rampant gerrymandering that Republicans have been engaging in for decades.

I mean how else can they hold the House of Reps while getting fewer votes...
/----/ And do you find "nonpartisans" on a job boards or Yellow Pages?
hysterical liberal.jpg

Last edited:
So you position is should not have to show ID to vote?
That's not part of this bill...nor ANY bill that Republicans even tried to pass while they held both houses of Congress.

Only to be expected I think. If you take the corruption out of government all the republicans will go with it.

Forum List

Back