Republicans war on women

It is very pathetic when idiots see some talking head on TV say that there is some sort of "war on women" being waged by the GOP, then those ignorant dumbfucks just mindlessly repeat it on message boards like this one.

They are too unintelligent to think for themselves.

That might be true if the bill number wasn't listed in the OP
There is no bill that declares war on women, dumbass.

read the bill dumbass

11755693_891042540988801_6445941961708492512_n.jpg

Did you even read the OP? Can you even read? That is the war on women.........filing a bill that literally gives employers the right to fire pregnant single women is a war on women. Why not the men that got them pregnant? And, aren't they going against their own belief's? Won't this open the door for single women to want to get abortions? I thought you all were against abortion? And, won't this make single pregnant women qualify for welfare? I thought you all were against welfare? Isn't it a stupid decision? Hopefully there is enough Democrats to derail this bill.......but kudos to you all for winning the House and the Senate.....now you can wreck the country without interference. Well, maybe not, we still have a damn smart President......he'll veto the hell out of such stupidity.
Because only women get to choose. That's the lefty way.

Oh, and men get to choose to fire women that get pregnant and are not married....how quaint. That's like so 1930's......where you cons want to take the country.
I'd say 1330's
You ever run or watch a 3200 meter race? You have to cross a place you've already been eight times. Lefties don't realize they've been lapped and then some.
Wow that was meaningless.
It was spot on. Get a non-lefty to explain it to you.

It's based on republicans wanting to be able to fire women for nothing more than being single and pregnant. It has nothing to do with how well they do their job.
Lots of companies have morals clauses, etc. If they realize that single mom families are bad for society then good for them for not endorsing them.

One of the main arguments the left uses for black failure is that black children are economically disadvantaged. Why? Mostly because most black families are single mom. A strong father/mother family is always best but somehow the left see's that as evil.
Absolute bullshit.
You need to be clearer. What is absolute bullshit and why?
False I need do nothing .
Troll.

Where is this war on woman????

Did you even read the OP? Can you even read? That is the war on women.........filing a bill that literally gives employers the right to fire pregnant single women is a war on women. Why not the men that got them pregnant? And, aren't they going against their own belief's? Won't this open the door for single women to want to get abortions? I thought you all were against abortion? And, won't this make single pregnant women qualify for welfare? I thought you all were against welfare? Isn't it a stupid decision? Hopefully there is enough Democrats to derail this bill.......but kudos to you all for winning the House and the Senate.....now you can wreck the country without interference. Well, maybe not, we still have a damn smart President......he'll veto the hell out of such stupidity.

Oh, and men get to choose to fire women that get pregnant and are not married....how quaint. That's like so 1930's......where you cons want to take the country.
I'd say 1330's

Actually, men still get to choose whether or not to acknowledge and support their offspring. They can walk away while the woman must bear the consequences of his irresponsibility.
No, not really. He has no choice of abortion and she can charge child support.

I'd say 1330's

Actually, men still get to choose whether or not to acknowledge and support their offspring. They can walk away while the woman must bear the consequences of his irresponsibility.
I am all for punishing dead beat dads. Thing is , putting them in jail defeats the purpose. They can't pay what they owe if they are incarcerated.
The system sucks.
However, the main thrust of this thread is a piece of crap.
The fact is job discrimination is illegal. Such an act must be proven in a court of law.
The other issue is, laws must be crafted and passed that guarantee equality for all. Meaning, it MUST cut both ways.
So for example, a person who is a member of a minority group cannot scream discrimination or racism and expect to realize a financial windfall without due process.
Same applies to that pregnant single woman. She cannot perform her job poorly and than say "you can't fire me. I'm single and pregnant"...
This isn't about gender discrimination. It's about holding employees accountable to a standard of responsibility. Making a baby without involving the father in the process is irresponsible.

I read the article....

Clearly the bill didn't target the group as the OP seems to imply.

It's a bill with other intentions.

I am not sure what the purpose of the extrapolation is.

I grow tired of this kind of politics on both sides.

Republicans deny the claim that there is a Republican's war on women......but they keep taking actions that prove they hate women. Filing a bill that allows employers to fire single women that get pregnant! What about the men that got them pregnant? And, won't this encourage abortions? Welfare? What are they thinking? Oops, they are not thinking.

Where are the Republican women on this? Why do they think it is okay? Stepford wives, anyone?

Well, it’s happened. Republicans have become so desperate in their attempts to allow bigots to discriminate freely against the LGBT community that they have crafted a bill with language so loose that would allow “Christians” to fire single women for getting pregnant…just like Jesus would. H.R. 2802, or the First Amendment Defense Act, “prohibits the federal government from taking discriminatory action against a person — which is defined to include for-profit corporations — acting in accordance with a religious belief that favors so-called traditional marriage,” the Huffington Post reports. “This means the feds can’t revoke a nonprofit’s tax-exempt status or end a company’s federal contract over this issue.”

The bill includes protections for people who believe marriage is between “one man and one woman” and “sexual relations are properly reserved to such a marriage.” If that’s not awful enough, American Civil Liberties Union legislative representative Ian Thompson points out that the legalized discrimination within the bill extends to other groups conservatives regularly attempt to deprive of equal treatment — single mothers.

House GOP Files Bill That Allows Employers To Fire Single Pregnant Women

Back to this nonsense again? Funny how the only time we hear about this supposed "WAR ON WOMEN!!!" (cue ominous background music!!!) is when a liberal with an awful record is about to run for office. Gee, think someone might be trying to deflect the narrative away from things like Benghazi, email accounts and charitable foundations? Then as soon as the election is over you won't hear a peep about that subject until the next election.

Really? this is
H.R. 2802, or the First Amendment Defense Act
A bill introduced by house republicans. If you don't want your war on women discussed, then quit introducing bills like this.

How is H.R. 2802 a war on women? It's about religious freedom.

Since when did the name of a bill have anything to do with what is in it?

I'm curious, Bulldog...did you actually read what was in it? Because to be honest with you I'm hard pressed to understand how THAT bill could be described as an attack on women! That bill simply prohibits discriminatory acts from being taken by the government against people for their views on marriage.

She dyes the gray out of her hair because she's very honest about her sexuality as opposed to lefty women who aren't and who dye their hair gray.

You really do live in a bubble. Because some women dye their hair gray doesn't mean every one does. I don't need to dye my hair.....I don't have but a few gray hairs and it really adds highlights to my dark brown hair. Many women dye their hair ash blond......which looks gray, and I know some Republican women that do that. What has that got to do with the stupid filing of a bill by the GOP that literally gives employers the right to fire a woman for getting pregnant out of wedlock?

When you say you want to take the country back.....does it mean to the dark ages? It appears so.
I live in a bubble all right. It's a bunch of white left wingers in the middle of a black county. They love talking about diversity and they all go gray. Gray sheeple.
Says the Lord of sheeple
You need to itemize your charge. Otherwise you're just a troll.
False l need do nothing but state the facts. All anyone needs to do is read your selfrightious shit to see I'm correct.

You do nothing but state "the facts" like making blanket statements like conservative men only like women they can "control".

And you accuse others of being "self-righteous".

Carry on, dipshit.

I didn't realize the war had started up again.
Obviously you don’t get it.

These ridiculous measures advocated by republicans hostile to the privacy rights of women, jeopardizing the ability of women to earn a living, result in women correctly perceiving the GOP as being hostile to their best interests.

In case you and others on the right aren’t aware of this, women vote – and an increasing majority of women won’t be voting for republican candidates as a consequence, including the republican presidential nominee.

Most won't be voting for the GOP, that is true. Most like government programs, and we all know which party seeks to grow government the most.

When women take time off to play mommy, they come back to work in the same position they were in when they left, but not in the same position relative to all the other employees. They lose opportunities that those who did not leave take advantage of.

"to play mommy"

Gee, I thought Conservatives were for family values.

Apparently, Michelle Duggar REALLY likes to "play mommy"! Somebody should tell her to grow up, for crying out loud!

Republicans deny the claim that there is a Republican's war on women......but they keep taking actions that prove they hate women. Filing a bill that allows employers to fire single women that get pregnant! What about the men that got them pregnant? And, won't this encourage abortions? Welfare? What are they thinking? Oops, they are not thinking.

Where are the Republican women on this? Why do they think it is okay? Stepford wives, anyone?

Well, it’s happened. Republicans have become so desperate in their attempts to allow bigots to discriminate freely against the LGBT community that they have crafted a bill with language so loose that would allow “Christians” to fire single women for getting pregnant…just like Jesus would. H.R. 2802, or the First Amendment Defense Act, “prohibits the federal government from taking discriminatory action against a person — which is defined to include for-profit corporations — acting in accordance with a religious belief that favors so-called traditional marriage,” the Huffington Post reports. “This means the feds can’t revoke a nonprofit’s tax-exempt status or end a company’s federal contract over this issue.”

The bill includes protections for people who believe marriage is between “one man and one woman” and “sexual relations are properly reserved to such a marriage.” If that’s not awful enough, American Civil Liberties Union legislative representative Ian Thompson points out that the legalized discrimination within the bill extends to other groups conservatives regularly attempt to deprive of equal treatment — single mothers.

House GOP Files Bill That Allows Employers To Fire Single Pregnant Women
What is it they always say about reproductive rights when they want to take them away from men? Oh, yeah, only women can get pregnant, so once a man releases his sperm, he no longer has control over whether he becomes a father or not. Hey, men can't get pregnant, have to take time off work to see a doctor multiple times over several months, lose productivity to morning sickness, and take weeks off after the baby's born.

When women take time off to play mommy, they come back to work in the same position they were in when they left, but not in the same position relative to all the other employees. They lose opportunities that those who did not leave take advantage of.

"to play mommy"

Gee, I thought Conservatives were for family values.

Apparently, Michelle Duggar REALLY likes to "play mommy"! Somebody should tell her to grow up, for crying out loud!
Hey, it's her choice.

It is very pathetic when idiots see some talking head on TV say that there is some sort of "war on women" being waged by the GOP, then those ignorant dumbfucks just mindlessly repeat it on message boards like this one.

They are too unintelligent to think for themselves.
That's the GOP in nutshell.

Forum List

Back