Republicans (ways & means committee) refuse to release Trump's tax returns over Russia investigation

LOL ---- I'm not a billionaire, and my tax return was over 300 pages.

Can you imagine what distortions, half truths, and misleading assumptions a hostile press could come up with his?

You can't blame him for not loading the guns for the idiots in the press.
Any 'blame' is for his recognizing the ethical requirement for transparency by saying he would release his taxes and then not doing it. This is duplicitous and suspicious.
Releasing your tax returns has nothing to do with "ethical requirements," moron. It's purely to provide grist for the leftwing fake news to generate bogus attacks on conservative candidates with.

I never understood how racist neo nazi republicans could demand obama release his fucking birth certificate but they dont see a problem with trump not releasing his tax returns.
Well the US Constitution requires that the POTUS be naturally born a citizen of the USA. Therefore proof is warranted, and a birth cert is the only possible proof.

This is precisely why Ted Cruz can never be POTUS -- he was born in Canada.
remind me how you racist neo nazis screamed about a paranoid schizophrenic conspiracy theory about obama being secretly from kenya, and you needed his birth certificate (and still claimed it was fake) but literally the first election after his presidency you ran someone who was born in Canada? and he came in second to Trump's birther ass... can you explain that cognitive dissonance without having a psychotic break from reality?
Actually I never suspected that BHO was every from anyplace else but Hawaii.

I knew he had a white momma and a Kenyan daddy.

You can google his wiki and read all about it.

It was on the TV news too.
why is it whenever republicans are called out on blatant bullshit they always say "Well i personally disgareed with that" i didn't ask what you personally thought did I? did you vote for the birther president despite knowing he was race baiting lying conpiracy theorist? do you honestly think thats better? let me know when you run for president than i might care what your shitty personal opinions are about anything

Any 'blame' is for his recognizing the ethical requirement for transparency by saying he would release his taxes and then not doing it. This is duplicitous and suspicious.
This whole tax return thing was RM Nixon's own idea.

It is foolish and ridiculous and ill advised.

I hope you noticed how it did not prove that Nixon was "... not a crook".

Nixon, also, was duplicitous.
Foolish, ridiculous and ill-advised fits the present C.I. C. as well.
The only thing Trump has going for him is that he isn't Cruz or one of the other insufferables. As for Ms Clinton, why would anyone vote for a war criminal? The two party dictatorship has so screwed America that it is unbelievable, but they couldn't have done it without the willing ignorance of the 'electorate'.

Can you imagine what distortions, half truths, and misleading assumptions a hostile press could come up with his?

There is no "ethical requirement" to release your tax returns.

It is common social knowledge that ethics dictates clarity and transparency for someone who seeks the highest office. Only a moron could think of denying this. Trump accepted this concept when he said he would release his taxes. He lied.

It is common social knowledge that ethics dictates clarity and transparency for someone who seeks the highest office. Only a moron could think of denying this. Trump accepted this concept when he said he would release his taxes. He lied.
You are an educated and trained philosopher like myself therefore you have no excuse for making such indefensible statements like these red herrings you are making.

I am going to write a letter to your alma mater and get you suspended from the Philosophy alumni club if you keep this up.

Only idiots and morons are allowed to make indefensible statements like this.

:D

Nixon, also, was duplicitous.
Foolish, ridiculous and ill-advised fits the present C.I. C. as well.
The only thing Trump has going for him is that he isn't Cruz or one of the other insufferables. As for Ms Clinton, why would anyone vote for a war criminal? The two party dictatorship has so screwed America that it is unbelievable, but they couldn't have done it without the willing ignorance of the 'electorate'.
The point is that nobody from George Washington to Dwight Eisenhower ever dreamed of publishing their tax returns.

Only Tricky Dick came up with this nonsense on his own.

why is it whenever republicans are called out on blatant bullshit they always say "Well i personally disgareed with that" i didn't ask what you personally thought did I? did you vote for the birther president despite knowing he was race baiting lying conpiracy theorist? do you honestly think thats better? let me know when you run for president than i might care what your shitty personal opinions are about anything
I am not rich enough to run for POTUS.

Just look how high Trump has set the bar now.

You need to be a top dog plutocrat first.

I never understood how racist neo nazi republicans could demand obama release his fucking birth certificate but they dont see a problem with trump not releasing his tax returns.
That is because the Constitution confuses you.
You don't know a damn thing about the Constitution do you? If trump has done things with Russia in the past that might undermine National Security, congress can release his tax returns whether he agrees with it or not. SInce Congress won't do it for partisan reasons. That leaves it up to the voting public to decide. And since this issue is a growing concern among voting Republicans, Trump may lose his congressional supporters when they get voted out of office. But I thinkTrump would resign before he would release his tax returns. He just couldn't take the heat!

I am not rich enough to run for POTUS.

Just look how high Trump has set the bar now.

You need to be a top dog plutocrat first.
or a democrat

Ethics and transparency from Webster's dictionary.

Definition of ethic

1. 1ethics plural in form but singular or plural in construction : the discipline dealing with what is good and bad and with moral duty and obligation

2. 2a : a set of moral principles : a theory or system of moral values the present-day materialistic ethic an old-fashioned work ethic —often used in plural but singular or plural in construction an elaborate ethics Christian ethicsb ethics plural in form but singular or plural in construction : the principles of conduct governing an individual or a group professional ethicsc : a guiding philosophyd : a consciousness of moral importance forge a conservation ethic

3. 3ethics plural : a set of moral issues or aspects (as rightness) debated the ethics of human cloning
Examples of transparency in a sentence
  1. the transparency of a piece of glass

2. the transparency of their motives

3. He says that there needs to be more transparency in the way the government operates.

4. The professor used transparencies and an overhead projector during her lectures.

You don't know a damn thing about the Constitution do you? If trump has done things with Russia in the past that might undermine National Security, congress can release his tax returns whether he agrees with it or not. SInce Congress won't do it for partisan reasons. That leaves it up to the voting public to decide. And since this issue is a growing concern among voting Republicans, Trump may lose his congressional supporters when they get voted out of office. But I thinkTrump would resign before he would release his tax returns. He just couldn't take the heat!

That has nothing to do with the Constitution, it has to do with law and no congress can't release a damned thing. They are allowed to view the returns in executive session. Meaning in a closed door meeting with only essential people involved. Privacy laws prevent them from releasing his returns.

Feel free to highlight the portions of the Constitution that you are referring to.

For a POTUS who has a long history of deceptiveness, selfishness and misrepresentations of fact, and who also refuses to divest of his personal business holdings while in the office of the President, disclosing his tax returns would be about the best possible way for him to at least provide the information the public needs to have so they can at least know whether his positions are apt to be personally profitable to him.

For me, it's a matter of scale. The man's a billionaire. If he advocates a position that happens to yield him a few hundred grand, I don't care so much. If it's a few million, well, I sort of care. If it's hundreds of millions, I care. If it turns out that his policies form a pattern of consistent gains great and small, well, I definitely care and I'd be inclined to think he's abusing the privilege of being POTUS.

I could take a somewhat less strident position were he to divest truly of his holdings, but he's not done that and shows no indication that he will. Moreover, his kids are on his staff and running the companies. That's just too cozy for us to also have no very detailed visibility to what's what.

It doesn't matter if he put them in his kids names, he will still protect those assets no matter what. The only way he could be 100% conflict of interest free was to sell off those assets which he has not done, and has no intention of doing.

I'd prefer he divest, but I'm not nearly as concerned about whether he actually sells off the assets as I am about visibility. With comprehensive visibility, we can know "what's up." Knowing "what's up," the people, the Congress and the Courts are in a position to hold him accountable and take action if he crosses the line. That's enough for me. His situation is unique -- private mega-business owner rather than owners of public company securities -- so I can get with the idea of taking a little bit different tack. Full and complete disclosure is that tack; that's the compromise with which I'd feel comfortable.

Selling them off is the only way he can be conflict of interest free. PERIOD

I'm not sure how THAT works ---- Sasha Obama went from 9 years old to worth $19 million in the eight years her dad was in the WH. I don't remember her writing any books.

So much for that transparency thing, huh?

Of course you have a LINK to that.

For a POTUS who has a long history of deceptiveness, selfishness and misrepresentations of fact, and who also refuses to divest of his personal business holdings while in the office of the President, disclosing his tax returns would be about the best possible way for him to at least provide the information the public needs to have so they can at least know whether his positions are apt to be personally profitable to him.

For me, it's a matter of scale. The man's a billionaire. If he advocates a position that happens to yield him a few hundred grand, I don't care so much. If it's a few million, well, I sort of care. If it's hundreds of millions, I care. If it turns out that his policies form a pattern of consistent gains great and small, well, I definitely care and I'd be inclined to think he's abusing the privilege of being POTUS.

I could take a somewhat less strident position were he to divest truly of his holdings, but he's not done that and shows no indication that he will. Moreover, his kids are on his staff and running the companies. That's just too cozy for us to also have no very detailed visibility to what's what.

It doesn't matter if he put them in his kids names, he will still protect those assets no matter what. The only way he could be 100% conflict of interest free was to sell off those assets which he has not done, and has no intention of doing.

I'd prefer he divest, but I'm not nearly as concerned about whether he actually sells off the assets as I am about visibility. With comprehensive visibility, we can know "what's up." Knowing "what's up," the people, the Congress and the Courts are in a position to hold him accountable and take action if he crosses the line. That's enough for me. His situation is unique -- private mega-business owner rather than owners of public company securities -- so I can get with the idea of taking a little bit different tack. Full and complete disclosure is that tack; that's the compromise with which I'd feel comfortable.

Selling them off is the only way he can be conflict of interest free. PERIOD He hasn't done that and he won't do that. If his kids own those properties he will still protect them.

He isn't going to sell off all his properties. Such a demand is utterly fatuous and absurd. Its only intent is to hurt Trump.

So then you're O.K. with Trump being in violation of the U.S. Constitution--by having conflicts of interest coming out of pore, while you & Trump were demanding to see a US birth certificate coming out of Obama.

"Numerous scholars on the Constitution have cited Article I, Section 9: “No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept any present, Emolument, Office or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince or foreign State.”

While the rules of punctuation in force in the late 18th century might seem baffling to present-day eyes, the meaning of the paragraph is clear and straightforward enough. No officeholder should be offered a payoff or inducement, and no one should accept either one from any foreign power."
JULES WITCOVER: Trump gets a free ride on conflicts of interest

The Trump empire has expanded into many foreign countries, including China, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, etc. etc. etc.

Trump's Hotels In China Could Be A Conflict For The President-Elect
Trump sons to attend golf course grand opening in Dubai
Countries where Trump does business are not hit by new travel restrictions
Trump registered eight companies in Saudi Arabia during campaign: report

I'm not sure how THAT works ---- Sasha Obama went from 9 years old to worth $19 million in the eight years her dad was in the WH. I don't remember her writing any books.

Nancy's is a nice enough and popular place, but it didn't pay that well. LOL

Releasing your tax returns has nothing to do with "ethical requirements," moron. It's purely to provide grist for the leftwing fake news to generate bogus attacks on conservative candidates with.

It has everything to do with this.

"Numerous scholars on the Constitution have cited Article I, Section 9: “No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept any present, Emolument, Office or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince or foreign State.”

While the rules of punctuation in force in the late 18th century might seem baffling to present-day eyes, the meaning of the paragraph is clear and straightforward enough. No officeholder should be offered a payoff or inducement, and no one should accept either one from any foreign power."

The Trump empire has expanded into many foreign countries, including China, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, etc. etc. etc.

Feel free to highlight the portions of the Constitution that you are referring to.

The Trump empire has expanded into many foreign countries, including China, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, etc. etc. etc. Obtaining his income tax returns would allow the public to see which foriegn countries he's held hostage by.

THE DNC REFUSED TO RELEASE THE DNC SERVER OR IT'S LOGS TO CONFIRM THEIR WEAKLY SUPPORTED ALLEGATIONS OF RUSSIAN HACKING.

Use some common sense. If they wanted The White House so badly, then why wouldn't they show America THE PROOF of their allegations? No one has seen the evidence, not even The FBI.

So if you had this Political Super Weapon that could put you in The White House, why did they refuse to use it?

Answer: It never existed.

I think that is a bit on the high side.

A Kenyan lawyer has offered 50 cows, 70 sheep, and 30 goats for her.

How Much Is Obama’s Daughter Worth? Kenyan Lawyer Offers Livestock For Malia Obama

Forum List

Back