Researchers establish link between racism and stupidity

Hey, poet... when have you ever taken "no" for an answer?

Evidently, always.

Get yourself some semblance of worth. Exude some confidence and worth for a change.

Change we must...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFGQ-UCbF5I]Jon Anderson - Change We Must - YouTube[/ame]

Oona-a-aya

Coming through vision
Coming through wisdom
Coming together
This love

Giving me daytime
Giving this nighttime
Bringing within me
This love

Change we must
To live again

And that... is the shit.
Motherfucker.

Last edited:
I've seen merit in a few of your posts, poet. Probably even acknowledged a couple of them.

The difference between you and me is that I had the good fortune to be lectured about race by my father, at a very early age. I was probably 8 years old when he sat me down after discovering that I'd made some disparaging remarks to a young colored boy in town. This was the early '60s mind you.

It's a fuzzy memory but I remember it distinctly enough. After all, it was 50 years ago.

In a nutshell, he explained to me how to judge the character of people. He pointed to his head and he pointed to his heart.

I dwelled on that moment for the better part of my life. BTW he died when I was 12.

And it wasn't until just a few years ago that I finally "got it". The content of character. The mind and the heart.

My father admired MLK for those very characteristics. Why? Because my dad was the son of a Slovenian Gypsy and he knew first hand about racism. His family suffered at the hands of white American bigots. The very bigots that you yourself bitch and moan about.

He and our family rose above it through pride, hard work, and self-determination. We proved ourselves through that work and worth.

I'd suggest you do the same.

You candy-assed whining little bitch.

Quite hilarious. I was almost "drawn in". I don't care who or what your father was...he can't compare to my angelic mother. She taught me to value people for their hearts and their character. Sadly, you can't value people for what they don't have. People seem to want to suggest that I have never seen a "hard day's work". I've seen it, and had to endure "white privilege" while doing it. One time a patient (white) refused to cooperate with the instructions I was giving him to get his pulmonary functions test done. He asked to be taken back to his room. I complied. And I was baffled because clearly, he had a problem with me, a black man, testing him. He complained to his doctor that I was "rude" and mistreated him. His doctor complained to my dept. head, who, later called my into his office and "blasted me". The man had lied through his teeth, because he didn't want a black tech testing him. And my white boss believed it, despite knowing me for 13 years. So, in the "real world"...you can be good at your job, be doing your job well, and still get lied upon and it believed, because the white brotherhood is more "well-connected" than any other brotherhood. And they run things. Cost me my job, two years later. But I got the last laugh, I assure you. God is not that fond of pretty, but He sure doesn't like "ugly". Both my dept. head and my immediate supervisor, got "ax'ed", in due course of time. What goes around, comes around. And I went to the Bahamas.

Hey, poet... when have you ever taken "no" for an answer?

Evidently, always.

Get yourself some semblance of worth. Exude some confidence and worth for a change.

Change we must...

Jon Anderson - Change We Must - YouTube

Many times....and it's a complete sentence. I don't take it anymore, however. But I say, quite often. And I have been a long time fan of Yes, and Jon Anderson.

945774_451168864966705_1763272384_n.jpg

Researchers establish link between racism and stupidity ucanews.com

Findings taken from numerous research projects strongly indicate that prejudice, racism and intolerance are more likely to be present in individuals with greater cognitive rigidity, less cognitive flexibility and lower integrative complexity.

racist.gif

Despite their important implications for interpersonal behaviors and relations, cognitive abilities have been largely ignored as explanations of prejudice.

We proposed and tested mediation models in which lower cognitive ability predicts greater prejudice, an effect mediated through the endorsement of right-wing ideologies (social conservatism, right-wing authoritarianism) and low levels of contact with out-groups.

In an analysis of two large-scale, nationally representative United Kingdom data sets (N = 15,874), we found that lower general intelligence (g) in childhood predicts greater racism in adulthood, and this effect was largely mediated via conservative ideology.

A secondary analysis of a U.S. data set confirmed a predictive effect of poor abstract-reasoning skills on antihomosexual prejudice, a relation partially mediated by both authoritarianism and low levels of intergroup contact. All analyses controlled for education and socioeconomic status.

Our results suggest that cognitive abilities play a critical, albeit underappreciated, role in prejudice. Consequently, we recommend a heightened focus on cognitive ability in research on prejudice and a better integration of cognitive ability into prejudice models.

Full Story: Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes
Source: Psychological Science

In other words, if you're stupid, you're probably a racist. That rules me out, on its' face. LOL

That puts you in the lead of stupidity! Racist, sexist, asshole.

Uh, not with an I.Q. of 126-130. Sorry.

Ahhhhh...more lies and ego bloating from the resident racist, who happens to sexist and a hypocrite.

I've seen merit in a few of your posts, poet. Probably even acknowledged a couple of them.

The difference between you and me is that I had the good fortune to be lectured about race by my father, at a very early age. I was probably 8 years old when he sat me down after discovering that I'd made some disparaging remarks to a young colored boy in town. This was the early '60s mind you.

It's a fuzzy memory but I remember it distinctly enough. After all, it was 50 years ago.

In a nutshell, he explained to me how to judge the character of people. He pointed to his head and he pointed to his heart.

I dwelled on that moment for the better part of my life. BTW he died when I was 12.

And it wasn't until just a few years ago that I finally "got it". The content of character. The mind and the heart.

My father admired MLK for those very characteristics. Why? Because my dad was the son of a Slovenian Gypsy and he knew first hand about racism. His family suffered at the hands of white American bigots. The very bigots that you yourself bitch and moan about.

He and our family rose above it through pride, hard work, and self-determination. We proved ourselves through that work and worth.

Quite hilarious. I was almost "drawn in". I don't care who or what your father was....

Fuck you, asshole. You post vile shit like that but just assume anyone here would give half a shit about some crappy sketch of a self-obsessed jackass like you? What a complete fucking failure of a human being you are on every level.

In my lifetime I have known some extremely intelligent xenophobes

They were xenophobic DESPITE their obvious intelligence.

When the issue of "the others" came to the fore, their ability to discuss that issue intelligently was usually based on their data-set which was, in my opinion, at least, completely or mostly false.

Quite hilarious. I was almost "drawn in". I don't care who or what your father was....

Fuck you, asshole. You post vile shit like that but just assume anyone here would give half a shit about some crappy sketch of a self-obsessed jackass like you? What a complete fucking failure of a human being you are on every level.

Do you feel better? Got the cross out your pussy, re-creating the scene from The Exorcist?
Pointing fingers is not the way to the cross. Get your heart right.

A thread started by and about the poor racist Ms. poit... Admitting that she's stupid. The comedy writes itself.

Researchers establish link between racism and stupidity ucanews.com

Findings taken from numerous research projects strongly indicate that prejudice, racism and intolerance are more likely to be present in individuals with greater cognitive rigidity, less cognitive flexibility and lower integrative complexity.

racist.gif

Despite their important implications for interpersonal behaviors and relations, cognitive abilities have been largely ignored as explanations of prejudice.

We proposed and tested mediation models in which lower cognitive ability predicts greater prejudice, an effect mediated through the endorsement of right-wing ideologies (social conservatism, right-wing authoritarianism) and low levels of contact with out-groups.

In an analysis of two large-scale, nationally representative United Kingdom data sets (N = 15,874), we found that lower general intelligence (g) in childhood predicts greater racism in adulthood, and this effect was largely mediated via conservative ideology.

A secondary analysis of a U.S. data set confirmed a predictive effect of poor abstract-reasoning skills on antihomosexual prejudice, a relation partially mediated by both authoritarianism and low levels of intergroup contact. All analyses controlled for education and socioeconomic status.

Our results suggest that cognitive abilities play a critical, albeit underappreciated, role in prejudice. Consequently, we recommend a heightened focus on cognitive ability in research on prejudice and a better integration of cognitive ability into prejudice models.

Full Story: Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes
Source: Psychological Science

In other words, if you're stupid, you're probably a racist. That rules me out, on its' face. LOL

Several of your last posts have been about how awful white people are... does that not count as racism?

I see nothing wrong with pointing out the racism of some whites as I see nothing wrong with pointing out the racism of others in different ethnic groups. It is not racist since we know historically European culture has an extensive history in how they have delt with members of non-European decent.

Now its apparent here in this section certain whites have an issue with race and its ironic you focus on one guy but several individuals (whites) have openly disclosed their racist tendencies. Are you going to be as critical of them as you are of poet?

Well Poet must be stupid because he sure is a racist..

who says black people can't be racist?

Well Poet must be stupid because he sure is a racist..

who says black people can't be racist?

Nobody said that but one thing that is apparent and factual is that whites in this section have more of an issue about race than any other ethnic group...Look at Matthew, ShootSpeeders, Lonestar, Koshergrl to name a few

Last edited:

Forum List

Back