Respect Marriage bill violates freedom of religion

Wrong.

Not all Christians oppose same-sex marriage, interracial marriage, or marriage outside of the faith.

Many Christian denominations accommodate same-sex marriages, for example.

And those that don’t accommodate same-sex marriage will be allowed to do so with impunity.

As a Christian I can read the words of Jesus.

For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.”

Matthew 19:12

These are the words of Jesus, not Paul or Mark. Jesus is clearly saying that not all people are born exactly the same.

I do not understand why this is so hard for so many to understand.

I am a Christian and I am not worried. I am more worried about fascist Christians trying to take over the country.
You rule. And utopia is not going to happen. You are a Chrisitan...bwhahhaa! I am not a good one either.

Well I think we can all agree that we now have 3x more government that we need. Who's for laying off 50% of government tomorrow?
We need as much government as necessary to safeguard citizens’ rights and protected liberties.

Of course, such government wouldn’t be necessary if those with an unwarranted hostility toward gay Americans didn’t seek to codify their bigotry and hate.

For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.”

These are the words of Jesus, not Paul or Mark. Jesus is clearly saying that not all people are born exactly the same.

I dont think Jesus is endorsing homosexuality more than he would approve of cancer

And I’m confident he was not endorsing eunuch marriage or eunuch grooming of children

It’s hard for so many to understand because they’re blinded and consumed by ignorance and fear; and ignorance and fear often result in hate.

There are those who are frightened by change, diversity, and dissent; there are those who seek to compel conformity and punish dissent through force of law.

Consequently, and unfortunately, legislation in defense of marriage equality is necessary.

I dont think Jesus is endorsing homosexuality more than he would approve of cancer

And I’m confident he was not endorsing eunuch marriage or eunuch grooming of children

No, it was the Southern Baptist Church doing that.

All Christians should be concerned about this .. what I call a weasel bill.. No, I haven't read it (yet) but it looks like another one of those sneaky liberal bills that purports to do one thing while really accomplishing something else that their sick souls care about more...

I am still searching through sites on this issue.. but as one person put it.. yeh.. looks like any religious protections in that bill are WEAK.
No it doesn't.

Marriage as far as the government is concerned is nothing but a property contract.

i don't care about that issue. I care about religious organizations being forced to.. say, perform sex change operations

forced to adopt children out to homosexuals, practicing
This is a ridiculous slippery slope fallacy.

The legislation concerns solely codifying marriage equality, not gender reassignment surgery.

And no one seeks to ‘force’ any religious organization to perform such surgery.

it looks like another one of those sneaky liberal bills
This is a lie.

The irony is that liberals are doing exactly what conservatives have demanded for decades: to address these issues through the political/legislative process, not the judicial.

For decades conservatives have railed against ‘tyrants in black robes’ who ‘legislate from the bench’ contrary to the will of the people.

Yet when Democrats use the political/legislative process reflecting the will of the people, conservative continue to complain.

All Christians should be concerned about this .. what I call a weasel bill.. No, I haven't read it (yet) but it looks like another one of those sneaky liberal bills that purports to do one thing while really accomplishing something else that their sick souls care about more...

I am still searching through sites on this issue.. but as one person put it.. yeh.. looks like any religious protections in that bill are WEAK.
Who cares about what a religion wants? We are a secular country under a Constitution and the rule of law.

And the legislation concerns solely marriage contract law, not marriage as religious ritual and dogma.
Exactly.

In fact I think that the state should stop recognizing religious rituals and should only recognize civil ceremonies.

If grooming were the official policy of Baptists as it is in Lib La La Land then you would have a leg to stand on

But its not

individual sin exists everywhere

As does delusions it would seem.

As does delusions it would seem.
What were you expecting?

That I would deny that there are horrible sinners inside the Baptist Church when we know that Satan is everywhere?

Most of the pedophiles could walk across the street to MSNBC or the NYTIMES and be treated as hero’s if they are willing to attack Jesus and renounce God

But they are just weak men who were lured by the prevailing liberal culture of sex

They should have been stronger but were not

Forum List

Back