Respect Marriage bill violates freedom of religion

This will fail in the courts just like DOMA did. Switching positions doesn't change the reasons of the DOMA ruling.

Go ahead try to get the polygamy laws reversed. Be my guest. Some of the religious community was upset about gay marriage. I believe more of the religious community would be upset about provoking polygamy laws. Cuz most of them really believe that marriage is between two.
Who cares what the religious community believes...that's kind of the central theme of the gay rights movement, correct? Why would you support the marriage of same sex couples, but not multiple couples? Explain how it's right that we should support gay marriage, but not polygamist marriage? We just passed a law basically thumbing our nose at states rights, so why stop there?

As long as Christians aren’t required to participate in marriage ceremonies that are an abomination before the Lord, this act shouldn’t be a real problem.

So thankful our Congress acted on this pressing issue. It's essential to the security, prosperity and health of our nation.

This will fail in the courts just like DOMA did. Switching positions doesn't change the reasons of the DOMA ruling.
No way, it was done to ensure equality under the law. The judges cannot go against that unless they are fascists.

No way, it was done to ensure equality under the law. The judges cannot go against that unless they are fascists.
The problems that plagued DOMA plague this ridiculous legislation. You need to go back and read why DOMA failed, it's obviously not why you think.

The problems that plagued DOMA plague this ridiculous legislation. You need to go back and read why DOMA failed, it's obviously not why you think.
DOMA failed because it was wrong, it was blatant discrimination.

That's not why it failed. Read the ruling.
I could do that if I was that interested. But I have faith in the system and in the quest for equality and justice under the law. If that doesn't continue to exist in America, America isn't America anymore and it's all over anyway. I have better things to do with my time. Like a living.

Forum List

Back