Restaurant die-off is first course of California’s $15 minimum wage

And you lose arguments with them as well.
lol. y'all usually Only have, fallacy for rebuttal.
Give us something to rebut. As it is, all you have any more is derpity derp derp derp.
Henry Ford doubled the wages of Persons engaged in auto work, not general labor.
Congratulations, you just nuked your own argument.
You have to rebut it with a valid argument, not just your say so; because, You are not, Herr Say.

Henry Ford doubled the wages of Persons engaged in auto work, not general labor.

And you claim he did it twice and you won't back up your claim. You are dishonest and a liar.

So you are caught in another lie. Thanks for proving all you have is lies and fallacy. All the left has is lies to prove their dishonesty.
dear; you are simply incompetent to discuss politics.

Dishonesty is all you have, thanks for proving you can't hold your own on this board. Of course liars such as yourself seem to get caught all the time.
Festus, when are you going to learn how to read?

When are you going to back up your claim? You claimed Ford doubled wages more than once, I have asked for the time he did as you claimed for a second time and the reason he did so, all you have is fallacy, lies and avoidance.

Also no minimum wage in 1914, another lie the lefty needs to sell.

On Jan. 5, 1914, Henry Ford, head of the Ford Motor Company, introduced a minimum wage scale of $5 per day, more than doubling the wages for most employees.--https://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/05/jan-5-1914-henry-ford-implements-5-a-day-wage/

Nobody takes the right wing seriously, but for fun and practice.

Idiot! I never said he didn't double wages, you claimed he did it TWICE! Now either back up your claim or continue with your dishonesty and lies. The reason he doubled the wages was because he could not keep employees at the $2.38 a day he was pay. When you have 14,000 and a turnover rate of 54,000 a year your business is going to suffer.

Now please tell me when he double his workers rates a second time, like you claim he did. My bet is you can't because you lied.

lol. y'all usually Only have, fallacy for rebuttal.
Give us something to rebut. As it is, all you have any more is derpity derp derp derp.
You have to rebut it with a valid argument, not just your say so; because, You are not, Herr Say.

And you claim he did it twice and you won't back up your claim. You are dishonest and a liar.

On Jan. 5, 1914, Henry Ford, head of the Ford Motor Company, introduced a minimum wage scale of $5 per day, more than doubling the wages for most employees.--https://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/05/jan-5-1914-henry-ford-implements-5-a-day-wage/

dear; you are simply incompetent to discuss politics.

Dishonesty is all you have, thanks for proving you can't hold your own on this board. Of course liars such as yourself seem to get caught all the time.

When are you going to back up your claim? You claimed Ford doubled wages more than once, I have asked for the time he did as you claimed for a second time and the reason he did so, all you have is fallacy, lies and avoidance.

Idiot! I never said he didn't double wages, you claimed he did it TWICE! Now either back up your claim or continue with your dishonesty and lies. The reason he doubled the wages was because he could not keep employees at the $2.38 a day he was pay. When you have 14,000 and a turnover rate of 54,000 a year your business is going to suffer.

Now please tell me when he double his workers rates a second time, like you claim he did. My bet is you can't because you lied.
He paid an efficiency wage to achieve gains from efficiency. It really is that simple. He had a Plan, Stan; y'all on the right wing don't.

That is why, your red herrings are irrelevant.

Explain what it means.
Include links to relevant laws/regulations.
What is a right?

Something you don't have as far as UE benefits for never working or for quitting.
Employment at will, is a right.

Great. Now show the law/regulation that shows that means an employer must hire you.
"Right to work" is not a Doctrine, for the right wing; just propaganda and rhetoric. I got it.

Or a law forcing anyone to hire you. You got nothing.

You're a bad capitalist for wanting to be paid for not working.
You're an idiot for claiming not getting paid means you're not getting equal protection.
I am a Good capitalist for wanting to use capital, for all of its worth.

Nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics.

Nah. You're a stoner clown. Earn your own capital.
It has already been "earned and taxed", at least once, silly right wingers.

Then spend your own, stop mooching off your 'rents.
The law is employment at will; let's be Legal, to the law, right wingers.

The law is also, no UE benefits for quitters or never workers.

What is a right?

Something you don't have as far as UE benefits for never working or for quitting.

Great. Now show the law/regulation that shows that means an employer must hire you.
"Right to work" is not a Doctrine, for the right wing; just propaganda and rhetoric. I got it.

simple and Standard, right wing pander?

I am a Good capitalist for wanting to use capital, for all of its worth.

Nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics.

Which law? We have a Labor Code that says, employment is at-will, with no restrictions but for notice.

simple and Standard, right wing pander?

Simply fact.

Which law? We have a Labor Code that says, employment is at-will, with no restrictions but for notice.

The law that says no UE benefits for you.

You are right he did it once. But you have still yet to prove he did it twice, like you claimed earlier. So it is up to you to either put up or shut up. So far you aren't bright enough to do either.

He paid an efficiency wage to achieve gains from efficiency. It really is that simple. He had a Plan, Stan; y'all on the right wing don't.

That is why, your red herrings are irrelevant.

That isn't a response to my questions, you have deliberately avoided the question, why? It's because Ford only doubled the wage once, not twice or more like you claim. So, again, answer the question. Or is it to far over your head.

You need a basic understanding on business to make a business move. So far you have shown no knowledge of running a business. All you have is lies and diversions.

Daniel can't back up what he claims, so he continues to avoid my direct questions. Then lies and diverts so he doesn't have to answer for his lie. The derailing of this thread is all the left has. More lies and diversions of the left, no wonder no one takes the left seriously in economics. They simply don't know anything.

A Conflict of Laws, You Claim? Should we look up the "red tape" that covers, "conflicts of law"?

Daniel can't back up what he claims, so he continues to avoid my direct questions. Then lies and diverts so he doesn't have to answer for his lie. The derailing of this thread is all the left has. More lies and diversions of the left, no wonder no one takes the left seriously in economics. They simply don't know anything.
Dude; you would not be getting away with having nothing but fallacy, in any litigation. Why should I take You seriously now, knowing that.

In a pair of affluent coastal California counties, the canary in the mineshaft has gotten splayed, spatchcocked and plated over a bed of unintended consequences, garnished with sprigs of locally sourced economic distortion and non-GMO, “What the heck were they thinking?”

The result of one early experiment in a citywide $15 minimum wage is an ominous sign for the state’s poorer inland counties as the statewide wage floor creeps toward the mark.

Consider San Francisco, an early adopter of the $15 wage. It’s now experiencing a restaurant die-off, minting jobless hash-slingers, cashiers, busboys, scullery engineers and line cooks as they get pink-slipped in increasing numbers. And the wage there hasn’t yet hit $15.

As the East Bay Times reported in January, at least 60 restaurants around the Bay Area had closed since September alone.

A recent study by Michael Luca at Harvard Business School and Dara Lee Luca at Mathematica Policy Research found that every $1 hike in the minimum wage brings a 14 percent increase in the likelihood of a 3.5-star restaurant on Yelp! closing.

Another telltale is San Diego, where voters approved increasing the city’s minimum wage to $11.50 per hour from $10.50, this after the minimum wage was increased from $8 an hour in 2015 – meaning hourly costs have risen 43 percent in two years.

The cost increases have pushed San Diego restaurants to the brink, Stephen Zolezzi, president of the Food and Beverage Association of San Diego County, told the San Diego Business Journal. Watch for the next mass die-off there...

Luckily, I live in the central coast area between L.A. and San Francisco, so this area hasn't gone as extreme left as those parts of California.
When somebody is working full time and not earning enough to live on, they get food stamps, EBT Card, subsidized housing or child care, and emergency medical care. Benefits vary depending on where they live. THE GOVERNMET has to make up the difference!!!
That means that the Taxpayer is subsidizing McDonalds!!! If a business can't pay a living wage, then it should not be in business. I am not going to buy a Burger out of a vending machine (Kiosk).
When I owned a bar in California, some bars tried using machine mixed cocktails. It was a complete failure. When it comes to food, people want personal service.

A Conflict of Laws, You Claim? Should we look up the "red tape" that covers, "conflicts of law"?

A Conflict of Laws,

It is?
Show me both, I'll be happy to point out your error.

In a pair of affluent coastal California counties, the canary in the mineshaft has gotten splayed, spatchcocked and plated over a bed of unintended consequences, garnished with sprigs of locally sourced economic distortion and non-GMO, “What the heck were they thinking?”

The result of one early experiment in a citywide $15 minimum wage is an ominous sign for the state’s poorer inland counties as the statewide wage floor creeps toward the mark.

Consider San Francisco, an early adopter of the $15 wage. It’s now experiencing a restaurant die-off, minting jobless hash-slingers, cashiers, busboys, scullery engineers and line cooks as they get pink-slipped in increasing numbers. And the wage there hasn’t yet hit $15.

As the East Bay Times reported in January, at least 60 restaurants around the Bay Area had closed since September alone.

A recent study by Michael Luca at Harvard Business School and Dara Lee Luca at Mathematica Policy Research found that every $1 hike in the minimum wage brings a 14 percent increase in the likelihood of a 3.5-star restaurant on Yelp! closing.

Another telltale is San Diego, where voters approved increasing the city’s minimum wage to $11.50 per hour from $10.50, this after the minimum wage was increased from $8 an hour in 2015 – meaning hourly costs have risen 43 percent in two years.

The cost increases have pushed San Diego restaurants to the brink, Stephen Zolezzi, president of the Food and Beverage Association of San Diego County, told the San Diego Business Journal. Watch for the next mass die-off there...

Luckily, I live in the central coast area between L.A. and San Francisco, so this area hasn't gone as extreme left as those parts of California.
When somebody is working full time and not earning enough to live on, they get food stamps, EBT Card, subsidized housing or child care, and emergency medical care. Benefits vary depending on where they live. THE GOVERNMET has to make up the difference!!!
That means that the Taxpayer is subsidizing McDonalds!!! If a business can't pay a living wage, then it should not be in business. I am not going to buy a Burger out of a vending machine (Kiosk).
When I owned a bar in California, some bars tried using machine mixed cocktails. It was a complete failure. When it comes to food, people want personal service.

That means that the Taxpayer is subsidizing McDonalds!!!

Interesting claim.
If McDonalds wasn't paying that food stamp/EBT/government benefit recipient, how much would the government expense decrease?

You are right he did it once. But you have still yet to prove he did it twice, like you claimed earlier. So it is up to you to either put up or shut up. So far you aren't bright enough to do either.
Why is it relevant? You have, nothing but propaganda. Henry Ford doubled autoworker wages not minimum wages.

When did he double wages again? It is relevant because you brought it up as a counterpoint to my post. So I accept you are a liar.

Forum List

Back