Restaurant die-off is first course of California’s $15 minimum wage

Not arguing about it. It all falls on deaf ears anyway.

The homeless population is growing. It can happen to anyone. At any time. Lack of poor planning. Asteroid. Skyrocketing rents. War. Illness. Choice to live cleanly and homeless rather than living in desolation and filth and bad neighborhoods. etc etc etc.

Good night.

California claims that high prices on the state are the measure of their success. They sure know how to spin it.

California also has over 21% of all homeless in US, second is New York with 15%.

Why not stop the rich from buying up hovels and renting out each hovel PER HEAD crammed in EACH ROOM? If rents could be afforded, raising minimum wage wouldn't have such a huge impact, costing job potentials disappearing with fast food and retail jobs going WITH that business?
I don't think that's legal in any part of the country. But the thing I can never understand is why people believe they have a right to live in an expensive area and be compensated for their decision.
Yes, it legal. They do it in SLO (san luis obispo) because of Cal Poly and Cuesta colleges. Both. Unless you want to count Hancock college in Santa Maria as well. The ol rent rates are booming in SLO county for absentee landlords that live in Brentwood, Malibu and Hollywood.

Why do I want to live there? Because I invested 30+ years of my life there. And invested in the community there. Because its home. I have a right to live anywhere I want and I choose there. Only problem is, I have to live in my van to do so. Which is better than living in a hovel, in a bad neighborhood, a strange new town, etc. Being between a rock and hard place is not pleasant, but at least I can live in a CLEAN and SAFE crevice in my vehicle.

Sure, you have right to live anywhere you want, as long is at your own expense.

You'd love Monaco.

I can tell you this----- We talk about Trump garbage all the time from ignorant climate change to just about everything. And at high very percentage the educated and rich Asians don't like Trump. The poor and poorly informed like Trump because how he look only only. But things had change lately when they heard that Trump will cut off Medicaid.
In general they view those white people attending Trump rallies as ALL racist. I'm very sure they are not all racist but------ Sad.
You're on LSD. Lots of smart people like Trump, you are not the spokesperson for all the smart people. Or the rich. Or anyone except yourself. What people hear is pretty much garbage. Every poll I've seen says they are not highly regarded Too much fake news out there.

When somebody is working full time and not earning enough to live on, they get food stamps, EBT Card, subsidized housing or child care, and emergency medical care. Benefits vary depending on where they live. THE GOVERNMET has to make up the difference!!!
That means that the Taxpayer is subsidizing McDonalds!!! If a business can't pay a living wage, then it should not be in business. I am not going to buy a Burger out of a vending machine (Kiosk).
When I owned a bar in California, some bars tried using machine mixed cocktails. It was a complete failure. When it comes to food, people want personal service.
Too late. Mcdonalds is already using kiosks to replace counter workers, and people like it just fine.

Kiosks at McDonalds WILL NOT replace workers. It WILL get you your ?meal? faster.
They are already replacing order takers. The next time you're in there, note that there are several kiosks and only one person behind the counter. And when wages get high enough, machines will also replace the food prep people. It's going to happen.

Ultimately, you will pay a premium price to have people handle your order.

There aren't any in Nevada. If you can find one, perhaps you should take a selfie to post.

You don't mean the hamburger flipping robot? The same robot that the manufacture states WON'T FLIP HAMBURGERS.
There are in Orlando, Fla. We saw them a few weeks ago when we took the grandkids on vaca.

So you saw kiosks replacing workers? Nobody was behind the counter? Nobody was taking orders?

maine and oregon should have been warning enough
Maine??? WHY Maine Aris?

We did vote in the last election to raise our state minimum wage to $9 starting in 2017, of which the state had not increased it since 2009....??? To go to $12 by 2020....

Maine just lowered their minimum wage

Link?

Made a topic about it today

Maine raised and then lowers minimum wage

Do to the tip credit rule. Get rid of the tip credit rule.

The homeless population is growing. It can happen to anyone. At any time. Lack of poor planning. Asteroid. Skyrocketing rents. War. Illness. Choice to live cleanly and homeless rather than living in desolation and filth and bad neighborhoods. etc etc etc.

Good night.

California claims that high prices on the state are the measure of their success. They sure know how to spin it.

California also has over 21% of all homeless in US, second is New York with 15%.

California does have the highest poverty rate when you factor in cost-of-living, otherwise California has average poverty rate.

The simple fact that we have poverty tells me that employers don't pay enough.

I can tell you this----- We talk about Trump garbage all the time from ignorant climate change to just about everything. And at high very percentage the educated and rich Asians don't like Trump. The poor and poorly informed like Trump because how he look only only. But things had change lately when they heard that Trump will cut off Medicaid.
In general they view those white people attending Trump rallies as ALL racist. I'm very sure they are not all racist but------ Sad.
You're on LSD. Lots of smart people like Trump, you are not the spokesperson for all the smart people. Or the rich. Or anyone except yourself. What people hear is pretty much garbage. Every poll I've seen says they are not highly regarded Too much fake news out there.

Lots of smart rich people. The other side of the coin are ignorant middle-class/poor fools.

Lots of smart rich people. The other side of the coin are ignorant middle-class/poor fools.
Lots of smart middle class and poor too. Money doesn't mean smart. I've met many stupid wealthy people. So it's a moot point.

Lots of smart middle class and poor too. Money doesn't mean smart. I've met many stupid wealthy people. So it's a moot point.

You've met many stupid wealthy people? What made them stupid?

Lack of common sense, unbalanced perspective on life like caring about money above all else.

Lack of common sense, unbalanced perspective on life like caring about money above all else.

You've described Donald Trump.

Good night.

California does have the highest poverty rate when you factor in cost-of-living, otherwise California has average poverty rate.

Forcing employers by law to pay higher wages just create more poverty.

Kick out all the illegal chap labor and employers will compete for remaining legal labor by increasing wages.

Let the free market work.

Maybe just maybe we didn't want the hassle of becoming rich?

We focused more on life which you missed.

Good night.

Kick out all the illegal chap labor and employers will compete for remaining legal labor by increasing wages.

Low pay creates poverty.

You're debating with a guy that firmly believes that if an employer knowingly hires an illegal worker, that employer should loose his/her business and his/her freedom for a few years.

FYI; Employers will not increase wages unless they are made. Conservatives have marketed very hard for the market price concept, like the fresh catch of the day. IMO, it's morally corrupt.

Hate to tell you but there is no free market. Never has been, never will be.

Maybe just maybe we didn't want the hassle of becoming rich?

We focused more on life which you missed.

What life have I missed? It's complete bullshit if you think smart business owners work hard, it's how we make you feel sorry for us and keep the competition down. The truth is the people that work for us work their asses off.

My point was the right gives the rich all of those tax loopholes which the middle class and poor pay for them. Case in point; Ronald Reagan and The Great Social Security Heist : FedSmith.com

What life have I missed? It's complete bullshit if you think smart business owners work hard, it's how we make you feel sorry for us and keep the competition down. The truth is the people that work for us work their asses off.

My point was the right gives the rich all of those tax loopholes which the middle class and poor pay for them.
Lots of rich dems and lots of them are writing those laws too. And taking advantage of them. Smart business owners don't work hard? You come here every day and prove how stupid you are then pretend to be a business owner. People aren't as dumb as you seem to think.

Who believes you're a business owner? I'd like to see someone say so.

Too late. Mcdonalds is already using kiosks to replace counter workers, and people like it just fine.

Kiosks at McDonalds WILL NOT replace workers. It WILL get you your ?meal? faster.
They are already replacing order takers. The next time you're in there, note that there are several kiosks and only one person behind the counter. And when wages get high enough, machines will also replace the food prep people. It's going to happen.

Ultimately, you will pay a premium price to have people handle your order.

There aren't any in Nevada. If you can find one, perhaps you should take a selfie to post.

You don't mean the hamburger flipping robot? The same robot that the manufacture states WON'T FLIP HAMBURGERS.
There are in Orlando, Fla. We saw them a few weeks ago when we took the grandkids on vaca.

So you saw kiosks replacing workers? Nobody was behind the counter? Nobody was taking orders?
There was one person behind the counter. Just like with a grocery store's self checkout, there was one person overseeing everything to answer questions and handle the customers who, for what ever reason, refused to use the kiosks.

Good night.

Low pay creates poverty.

You're debating with a guy that firmly believes that if an employer knowingly hires an illegal worker, that employer should loose his/her business and his/her freedom for a few years.

FYI; Employers will not increase wages unless they are made. Conservatives have marketed very hard for the market price concept, like the fresh catch of the day. IMO, it's morally corrupt.

Hate to tell you but there is no free market. Never has been, never will be.

I have worked for several companies that raised wages because of market forces or wanting to keep a good employee. So you are just plain wrong. When I owned my businesses I paid competitive wages and good employees I gave raises to keep them from looking for other jobs.

We use e-verify to make sure we don't hire illegals.

My point was the right gives the rich all of those tax loopholes which the middle class and poor pay for them.
Lots of rich dems and lots of them are writing those laws too. And taking advantage of them. Smart business owners don't work hard? You come here every day and prove how stupid you are then pretend to be a business owner. People aren't as dumb as you seem to think.

Who believes you're a business owner? I'd like to see someone say so.

Which Democrats are those?

No, smart business owners don't work hard.

I don't come here everyday. I usually post when I travel because it's boring.

The middle class are dumb, they continue to vote for Republicans.

Forum List

Back