🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Restaurant Employees Refuse to Serve Trump Supporters

Assuming this story is true, the employee will and should be fired. I am willing to bet the farm that the restaurant chain does not have a policy that allows for their employees to pick and chose which guests they will accommodate, unless it is for a damn good reason. (i.e. drunk, unruly, violent, etc)

Exactly correct. I support getting rid of ALL PA laws, but the right of refusal belongs to to the owner (unless the owner has given employees that authority of course) I bet if this story is true this employee loses his/her job.

Bake that cake, they demanded.

Oops, wrong story.

Trump supporter Shannon Riggs and her cousins expected some flack from protesters at Donald Trump’s rally in Richmond, Virginia, however, they did not expect what happened when they stopped for dinner at the Cook Out hamburger joint, clad in their Trump T-shirts and hats after the rally.

The ignorant and bigoted employees said, “Hell no! I’m not serving them!

I would fire the employees, and cook dinner for customers myself..

As the business owner, you should have that right.

Oops, wrong story.

Trump supporter Shannon Riggs and her cousins expected some flack from protesters at Donald Trump’s rally in Richmond, Virginia, however, they did not expect what happened when they stopped for dinner at the Cook Out hamburger joint, clad in their Trump T-shirts and hats after the rally.

You hypocrites. If a bakery can refuse service to gays, a snack shop can refuse service to Trump supporters. At least a Trump supporter makes the choice to support him; gays don't have a choice as far as being gay.
Of course they can do so, and I don't see anyone denying that they should have that freedom. Based on recent events, however, it would seem highly hypocritical for it to be a hate crime to refuse to be involved in a gay wedding, but perfectly fine to refuse to serve customers based solely on their perceived political leanings.

The important point here is, a bakery CANNOT refuse service to gays. Thus, this restaurant should not be allowed to refuse service to Trump supporters. I'll have to drop by there and see what the fallout is. I think they're right down the street from where I work.
I didn't say is was perfectly fine. What I said was that you people think it is okay to refuse service to people because you don't like what they believe in--IF, IF you agree with the people refusing service. But when the shoe is on the other foot, you are outraged. That's hypocrisy. Yep, it is. You're a bunch of hypocrites. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Hypocrisy is irrelevant to THIS situation. EMPLOYEES do not get to decide who they will serve (unless the owner has given them that authority , which I can't imagine happens very often, I know I don't let MY employees pick and choose who I will serve, they work for ME if they don't like that they can find another job)

But the over riding fact is situations like this PROVE that PA laws don't prevent discrimination , but liberals are too stupid to understand that.

I think if a business doesn't want to serve anyone for any reason, they shouldn't have to.
I think if you are in business to split hairs that is one issue, but my business will cater to anyone with the dough in their hand..

Agreed, but you don't have a right to tell another business owner that he must accept all paying customers. None of my business , except to encourage me to exploit a potential revenue stream.

Oops, wrong story.

You hypocrites. If a bakery can refuse service to gays, a snack shop can refuse service to Trump supporters. At least a Trump supporter makes the choice to support him; gays don't have a choice as far as being gay.

Sure they do. Lots of people are born fucked up. Many get fucked up along the way. Do we really need to hear about it? Go pick up your disability check and tough it out. Life isn't perfect. Do we as citizens really need to be personally sympathetic to everybody with a problem? I don't mind subsidizing health care if they just go to their shrink and let him/her earn THEIR paycheck listening to everybody's problems. It's not my job.
They are not mentally ill. They are born that way. It is genetic.
If that's the case, then we should eventually be able to correct it using gene therapy. And, of course, before being able to treat it, we would be able to identify it in the womb, and thus women would be able to abort their gay children before they're born. I mean, we're not supposed to stop abortion for any reason, right?

Everyone on board with that inevitable progression?

I think if a business doesn't want to serve anyone for any reason, they shouldn't have to.
I think if you are in business to split hairs that is one issue, but my business will cater to anyone with the dough in their hand..

Agreed, but you don't have a right to tell another business owner that he must accept all paying customers. None of my business , except to encourage me to exploit a potential revenue stream.
I wouldn't go to a rest. if that owner is an asshole and discriminates..

Oops, wrong story.

Sure they do. Lots of people are born fucked up. Many get fucked up along the way. Do we really need to hear about it? Go pick up your disability check and tough it out. Life isn't perfect. Do we as citizens really need to be personally sympathetic to everybody with a problem? I don't mind subsidizing health care if they just go to their shrink and let him/her earn THEIR paycheck listening to everybody's problems. It's not my job.
If that's the case, then we should eventually be able to correct it using gene therapy. And, of course, before being able to treat it, we would be able to identify it in the womb, and thus women would be able to abort their gay children before they're born.

Everyone on board with that?
Nope, whey too much trouble for your ideology..

Oops, wrong story.

If that's the case, then we should eventually be able to correct it using gene therapy. And, of course, before being able to treat it, we would be able to identify it in the womb, and thus women would be able to abort their gay children before they're born.

Everyone on board with that?
Nope, whey too much trouble for your ideology..
Are you saying we should not encourage research into proving the genetic component of homosexuality and isolating it so we can treat it?

Oops, wrong story.

Of course they can do so, and I don't see anyone denying that they should have that freedom. Based on recent events, however, it would seem highly hypocritical for it to be a hate crime to refuse to be involved in a gay wedding, but perfectly fine to refuse to serve customers based solely on their perceived political leanings.

The important point here is, a bakery CANNOT refuse service to gays. Thus, this restaurant should not be allowed to refuse service to Trump supporters. I'll have to drop by there and see what the fallout is. I think they're right down the street from where I work.
I didn't say is was perfectly fine. What I said was that you people think it is okay to refuse service to people because you don't like what they believe in--IF, IF you agree with the people refusing service. But when the shoe is on the other foot, you are outraged. That's hypocrisy. Yep, it is. You're a bunch of hypocrites. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Hypocrisy is irrelevant to THIS situation. EMPLOYEES do not get to decide who they will serve (unless the owner has given them that authority , which I can't imagine happens very often, I know I don't let MY employees pick and choose who I will serve, they work for ME if they don't like that they can find another job)

But the over riding fact is situations like this PROVE that PA laws don't prevent discrimination , but liberals are too stupid to understand that.
You must just like to call liberals stupid because no one here has said they don't understand the law in Pennslyvania. The OP is not about the law in Pennsylvnia. It's about general discrimination. And yes, the OP is about hypocrisy. It is hypocritical to get all worked up over one kind of discrimination and not another. What's good or the goose is good for the gander, period.

I wouldn't go to a rest. if that owner is an asshole and discriminates..
You probably have already. You just didn't know about it.

Oops, wrong story.

If that's the case, then we should eventually be able to correct it using gene therapy. And, of course, before being able to treat it, we would be able to identify it in the womb, and thus women would be able to abort their gay children before they're born. I mean, we're not supposed to stop abortion for any reason, right?

Everyone on board with that inevitable progression?
It's not genetic though.

It's not genetic though.

Why does it matter?
If it's a genetic issue, it can probably be identified before birth and ultimately corrected. That's a conclusion, however, that most gay activists don't want to see happen. They want to be able to say, "I can't help it because I was born this way", but don't want to see homosexuality prevented. And especially, they don't want to see women aborting babies because they are genetically predisposed to be gay.

Of course, that would pit two prime democrat identity groups against each other, but that's a discussion for a different day.

Oops, wrong story.

You must just like to call liberals stupid because no one here has said they don't understand the law in Pennslyvania. The OP is not about the law in Pennsylvnia. It's about general discrimination. And yes, the OP is about hypocrisy. It is hypocritical to get all worked up over one kind of discrimination and not another. What's good or the goose is good for the gander, period.

No, I don't LIKE to call liberals stupid. It saddens me that they are stupid.

The point remains, in any thread about PA laws when you point out that they are unconstitutional because they don't provide equal protection for EVERYONE as the 14th Amendment demands dumb dumb liberals close their ears and scream "nuh uh" until everyone else just gets bored and walks away, and THIS situation PROVES that is the case.

Just as i said.

Forum List

Back