šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Restaurant Employees Refuse to Serve Trump Supporters

Bake that cake, they demanded.

Oops, wrong story.

Trump supporter Shannon Riggs and her cousins expected some flack from protesters at Donald Trumpā€™s rally in Richmond, Virginia, however, they did not expect what happened when they stopped for dinner at the Cook Out hamburger joint, clad in their Trump T-shirts and hats after the rally.

The ignorant and bigoted employees said, ā€œHell no! Iā€™m not serving them!ā€

You hypocrites. If a bakery can refuse service to gays, a snack shop can refuse service to Trump supporters. At least a Trump supporter makes the choice to support him; gays don't have a choice as far as being gay.

Sure they do. Lots of people are born fucked up. Many get fucked up along the way. Do we really need to hear about it? Go pick up your disability check and tough it out. Life isn't perfect. Do we as citizens really need to be personally sympathetic to everybody with a problem? I don't mind subsidizing health care if they just go to their shrink and let him/her earn THEIR paycheck listening to everybody's problems. It's not my job.

"As soon as we got to the window, someone inside said 'Hell no! I'm not serving them,'" Riggs recalled.

After a few minutes of discussion behind the window, their orders were eventually taken.

She said at one point, an employee yelled out an order was ready, but when her cousin went to the window to claim the food, she was told, "Oh not for you!"

While the employees laughed, Riggs said, she canceled her order and asked for the number to corporate.

Smart move to cancel the order when the hostile employees were laughing. She probably sensed they were serving up a "Jesse Jackson".

I worked fast food when I was in High School and I worked in the kitchen of an Italian joint when I was working my way through college. You don't want to irritate the restaurant workers. Their life sucks bad enough. This lady guessed what was coming and cancelled the order.

Trump supporters denied service at Cook Out

Life Magazine | November 29th, 1969

... Sometimes he preaches on the legacy of slavery, and one senses that as he stands up there, his eyes ablaze, arms flailing, neck veins rigid, he is feeling every lash of every old whip. During these sermons Jackson sweats profusely, the only visible symptom of sickle-cell trait, a chronic blood disease that saps his stamina but which he ignores in the drama of the moment. Jackson talks about himself at these meetings. Once he told of his days as a waiter at the Jack Tar Hotel in his home town of Greenville, S.C. Just before leaving the kitchen he would spit into the food of white patrons he hated and then smilingly serve it to them. He did this, he said, "because it gave me psychological gratification." It was something everybody in the audience understood.

Oops, wrong story.

Trump supporter Shannon Riggs and her cousins expected some flack from protesters at Donald Trumpā€™s rally in Richmond, Virginia, however, they did not expect what happened when they stopped for dinner at the Cook Out hamburger joint, clad in their Trump T-shirts and hats after the rally.

Employee was wrong. There. That was not hard to say at all.

Seconded.

Not hard at all.

If those are the full details of the story, the employee was wrong.

Oops, wrong story.

You hypocrites. If a bakery can refuse service to gays, a snack shop can refuse service to Trump supporters. At least a Trump supporter makes the choice to support him; gays don't have a choice as far as being gay.

Sure they do. Lots of people are born fucked up. Many get fucked up along the way. Do we really need to hear about it? Go pick up your disability check and tough it out. Life isn't perfect. Do we as citizens really need to be personally sympathetic to everybody with a problem? I don't mind subsidizing health care if they just go to their shrink and let him/her earn THEIR paycheck listening to everybody's problems. It's not my job.
They are not mentally ill. They are born that way. It is genetic.

Oops, wrong story.

No ones being a hypocrite here until some Liberal finds a way to justify refusal of service in this instance.
I do not believe anyone has yet....have they? Everyone I've seen post says it's wrong.

Oops, wrong story.

Gay is a choice, period.
Supporting Drumpf is a choice also...as is religion.....that too is a choice.

That you're a worthless piece of shit seems to be a choice you made.
Ah...when you do not have a substantial reply, go for the weak sauce personal attack. I accept your surrender.

Oops, wrong story.

Now imagine these assholes in charge of a newsroom.

You think they are going to be doing their jobs or pushing their agenda?

That's what liberals are.

Oops, wrong story.

No ones being a hypocrite here until some Liberal finds a way to justify refusal of service in this instance.
Anyone who believes that bakery had a perfect right to refuse service to gays yet thinks this refusal of service is wrong is indeed a hypocrite. Do you think that bakery had a right to refuse service to gays?

The better question is do you think that this Cook Out should be punished in the same manner as the bakery?

I think the bakery and the Cook Out, both privately owned businesses, have a right to do so. However, since the bakery was punished financially for choosing to do so, my question stands about whether or not you think Cook Out should receive the same punishment. We'll see who the hypocrite is if you have the guts to honestly answer.
What are the PA laws in this state? Can someone be refused service for political reasons? Like in SC when the tow truck driver refused to help a handicapped woman with a Bernie sign in her car? It was totally legal in SC for him to do so....and he had support on USMB for refusing her service.

It's probably good that the restaurant let their feelings known to the Trump supporters.
Had they not, pretty much guarantee you their food would have been tampered with and the Trump supporters would have been exposed to god only knows.

mwfjb7.jpg
So...you don't like PA laws. What are you doing to have them repealed in your state?

Oops, wrong story.

I would have terminated said employment the moment his mouth opened.

The snack shop must be closed down forever, right? After all, the employer hired these bigots so they must be bigoted themselves. In fact, these bigots should not be allowed to work anywhere else. We need to be vigilant in watching them. The owners too. They must not be allowed to open another business so they can hire other bigots to refuse service to Trump supporters.

Last edited:

Oops, wrong story.

Anyone who believes that bakery had a perfect right to refuse service to gays yet thinks this refusal of service is wrong is indeed a hypocrite. Do you think that bakery had a right to refuse service to gays?

The better question is do you think that this Cook Out should be punished in the same manner as the bakery?

I think the bakery and the Cook Out, both privately owned businesses, have a right to do so. However, since the bakery was punished financially for choosing to do so, my question stands about whether or not you think Cook Out should receive the same punishment. We'll see who the hypocrite is if you have the guts to honestly answer.
What are the PA laws in this state? Can someone be refused service for political reasons? Like in SC when the tow truck driver refused to help a handicapped woman with a Bernie sign in her car? It was totally legal in SC for him to do so....and he had support on USMB for refusing her service.
And most of the hypocrital RWs on here cheered him for doing what he did, refusing service to someone because of her political leanings.

Oops, wrong story.

This is exactly why PA laws are so insidious and dangerous.

Oops, wrong story.

That's a load of bullshit. It has never been proven homos don't choose to be homos.

Oops, wrong story.

I would fire the employees, and cook dinner for customers myself..

Forum List

Back