Restaurant owner kicks Sarah Sanders party out on moral grounds

Sarah Sanders is a bitch who is the mouth piece for a disgusting human being (Trump)...I hope she gets refused service everywhere she goes (so long as it is not an important service).
I'm not sure what is controversial. As someone elsewhere said, 'they got what they wanted, now they get what they deserve'.

Well, that hasn't happened since the last Administration.

But I'd like to see the well established religious grounds on which the owner's basis is exactly the same as the baker. After all, YOU are attempting to make them morally equivalent, even though a 3rd grader would know better.

How is it NOT the same? A baker can say he doesn't believe in gay weddings, and the restaurant owner can say he doesn't agree with putting CHILDREN in dog cages and discriminating against people based on their religion like the travel ban against Muslims.

Why fight it? Who wants to be somewhere they aren't wanted? She just needs to go to one of the other 5 million places to eat in the area.
I didn't say she should fight it. I said your attempt to equate her hatred of Sanders politics has no long-standing basis in a moral, religious standing such as a moral conviction against homosexuality.

The truth is, there is no comparison. Your statements of bans of people on religious grounds and caging children has no basis in fact. It is an obsessive opinion of yours that was fed to you by your handlers, the main stream media.

It is MORAL. A REAL person with morals would never lock up an innocent child in a dog cage because of their parents committing a misdemeanor crime. It's fucking ridiculous. I guess you would have to have morals to understand it.
The ONLY Person who locked kids up in dog cages was OBAMA! How many times do you have to be told that?

These so called parents are endangering the welfare of their children by their actions. That is NOT a misdemeanor, and a majority of them are second time attempts at entery a felony.

You don't like the law, get it changed. However, enforcing the law is not an option.

Conversation over. If you want to sit with your head in the sand and lie, this conversation is going nowhere, and I'm not wasting anymore time.
Good, get back to Me when you stop buying into the bullshit you are being spoonfed.

Ya know when you were a kid and would have fun wrestling matches with siblings or friends. Invariably, the asshole of the group would do something to purposefully cause injury to someone. Everyone else played by the "rules" and avoided taking it too far. But that one asshole just couldn't help himself. He fucked it up for everyone.
By all accounts, neighbors of Little Donnie Trump described him that way

Perhaps you should take a comprehension class. I did not say it took that. The owner can refuse to do business for any reason. It highlights her bigotry, but nothing more.

I certainly agree with that. But telling 60 million conservatives to go to hell, your money isn't good here, just isn't good policy.

People are going to protest, let others know, and do their best to let the owner see the error of her ways. I don't know if it will work or not, but its the people's basic 1st Amendment rights of free speech.

How is it NOT the same? A baker can say he doesn't believe in gay weddings, and the restaurant owner can say he doesn't agree with putting CHILDREN in dog cages and discriminating against people based on their religion like the travel ban against Muslims.

Why fight it? Who wants to be somewhere they aren't wanted? She just needs to go to one of the other 5 million places to eat in the area.
I didn't say she should fight it. I said your attempt to equate her hatred of Sanders politics has no long-standing basis in a moral, religious standing such as a moral conviction against homosexuality.

The truth is, there is no comparison. Your statements of bans of people on religious grounds and caging children has no basis in fact. It is an obsessive opinion of yours that was fed to you by your handlers, the main stream media.

It is MORAL. A REAL person with morals would never lock up an innocent child in a dog cage because of their parents committing a misdemeanor crime. It's fucking ridiculous. I guess you would have to have morals to understand it.
The ONLY Person who locked kids up in dog cages was OBAMA! How many times do you have to be told that?

These so called parents are endangering the welfare of their children by their actions. That is NOT a misdemeanor, and a majority of them are second time attempts at entery a felony.

You don't like the law, get it changed. However, enforcing the law is not an option.

Conversation over. If you want to sit with your head in the sand and lie, this conversation is going nowhere, and I'm not wasting anymore time.
Good, get back to Me when you stop buying into the bullshit you are being spoonfed.

You don't even realize you are inadvertently admitting Trump's actions. You blame the vision of kids in dog cages on Obama, then 2 seconds later say that Trump and his people are just enforcing the law. That's just sad.

I agree with those members (and, no doubt, some guests) who feel that being kicked out of that place should be worn as a badge of honor by Ms. Sanders.

Wow! What a deterioration in common decency in this country!

After Vice-President Richard M. Nixon (another reviled Republican) lost to Senator John F. Kennedy in 1960, Mr. and Mrs. Nixon walked into a restaurant. All the patrons (of whom some were presumably Democrats) all stood up and applauded. That is how adults act.

Nixon....good choice....

Perhaps you should take a comprehension class. I did not say it took that. The owner can refuse to do business for any reason. It highlights her bigotry, but nothing more.

I certainly agree with that. But telling 60 million conservatives to go to hell, your money isn't good here, just isn't good policy.

People are going to protest, let others know, and do their best to let the owner see the error of her ways. I don't know if it will work or not, but its the people's basic 1st Amendment rights of free speech.

Do you think that restaurant cares if a Conservative living in Seattle is mad about what they are doing? 60 million Conservatives do not live within a distance of the restaurant for it to affect their business.

Well I didn't say what I was really thinking. She's stood up at the podium and lied so much, I wouldn't be able to eat without getting sick if I had to stare at her while at a restaurant.
Let’s face it......Republicans are happier being with their own kind.

It's no different than the baker. He didn't want to compromise his morals, well the restaurant owner doesn't believe in how the Trump administration is treating immigrant kids and being liars.
Really, the restaurant owner has a religious objection to serving people who work for the United States government?

It doesn't have to be a religious objection, just a sincerely held belief; such a requirement would be discriminatory. Religion is not entitled to a preference. Even if the objection required a religion-based foundation, there is plenty in Christianity, Judaism, and Islam to justify the restaurant's actions (apologies to Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, Wiccans, Pagans, etc.; I just don't know enough about your religions).

The restaurant already has to pay to fumigate the place. Let this ignorant, holiler-than-thou-art liar have a tv dinner at home.

The reality is, that her stance is nowhere near the equivalent of the case of the baker. The baker had a moral justification. The restaurant owner is just practicing political hatred.

How to you know that the restaurateur doesn't have a moral justification? It certainly seems like s/he does. Ever stop to think that s/he might be a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim? Huh?

Do you think that restaurant cares if a Conservative living in Seattle is mad about what they are doing? 60 million Conservatives do not live within a distance of the restaurant for it to affect their business.

Not every Republican lunch counter protester lived near the Woolworth's they were protesting either.

The idea is to get people involved and out there to picket the place and make the experience as unpleasant as possible for those who think its a good idea to discriminate

Not every Republican lunch counter protester lived near the Woolworth's they were protesting either.

The idea is to get people involved and out there to picket the place and make the experience as unpleasant as possible for those who think its a good idea to discriminate

Woolworth's are a national chain. Holy snikies man. Stop.

You don't even realize you are inadvertently admitting Trump's actions. You blame the vision of kids in dog cages on Obama, then 2 seconds later say that Trump and his people are just enforcing the law. That's just sad.
Enforcing the law does not equate to putting kids in dog cages. You probably don't know this -- you just regurgitate what you hear from the media -- The the Flores settlement set a minimum standard for how children are to be housed. Obama didn't follow it -- he was real big on not following any laws -- But the separation of families is not the horror show you are being led to believe.

If you look around carefully, you'll find that while the housing of these kids is not your dream American home, it is not dog cages. Those pictures -- of kids in dog cages -- are from 2014. Trump was NOT President in 2014.

Let’s face it......Republicans are happier being with their own kind.

It's no different than the baker. He didn't want to compromise his morals, well the restaurant owner doesn't believe in how the Trump administration is treating immigrant kids and being liars.
Really, the restaurant owner has a religious objection to serving people who work for the United States government?

It doesn't have to be a religious objection, just a sincerely held belief; such a requirement would be discriminatory. Religion is not entitled to a preference. Even if the objection required a religion-based foundation, there is plenty in Christianity, Judaism, and Islam to justify the restaurant's actions (apologies to Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, Wiccans, Pagans, etc.; I just don't know enough about your religions).

The restaurant already has to pay to fumigate the place. Let this ignorant, holiler-than-thou-art liar have a tv dinner at home.

The reality is, that her stance is nowhere near the equivalent of the case of the baker. The baker had a moral justification. The restaurant owner is just practicing political hatred.

How to you know that the restaurateur doesn't have a moral justification? It certainly seems like s/he does. Ever stop to think that s/he might be a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim? Huh?
How many Republicans did she ban from her establishment prior to Sander's visit?

That will be your answer to the moral justification.

The baker has held a LIFELONG religious conviction that homosexuality is a sin. Agree with his conviction or not, he has held it his entire life.

This owner just hates Trump and people around Trump or all Republicans since the opening of the business, would have been banned.

Woolworth's are a national chain. Holy snikies man. Stop.

Fair enough, but it will be actually easier to protest and get a single proprietor to change her mind and see the error of her ways than a worldwide chain/

IMHO, protests against this are more likely to attain their goal of putting this woman out of business as an example to others who might think this is a good idea- that it would be against a large outfit.

So how long did you picket the bakers?

The laws against discrimination only cover immutable characteristics, with the exception of religion, which an individual can change.

Enforcing the law does not equate to putting kids in dog cages. You probably don't know this -- you just regurgitate what you hear from the media -- The the Flores settlement set a minimum standard for how children are to be housed. Obama didn't follow it -- he was real big on not following any laws -- But the separation of families is not the horror show you are being led to believe.

If you look around carefully, you'll find that while the housing of these kids is not your dream American home, it is not dog cages. Those pictures -- of kids in dog cages -- are from 2014. Trump was NOT President in 2014.

I do know this, and they are in dog cages. Reporters and politicians have seen it with their own eyes on tours. Good lord, give it up.

You keep contradicting yourself.

"OMG Obama was the one that put the kids in dog cages!"

2 seconds later:

"It's ok for Trump to put kids in dog cages because he is enforcing the law."

I do know this, and they are in dog cages. Reporters and politicians have seen it with their own eyes on tours. Good lord, give it up.

You keep contradicting yourself.

"OMG Obama was the one that put the kids in dog cages!"

2 seconds later:

"It's ok for Trump to put kids in dog cages because he is enforcing the law."
If you are going to continue to keep your head buried up the media's ass, there is no keeping this conversation going. You're not interested in the welfare of these children; just in what it means as a weapon against Trump.

Lexington went for Hillary, but the surrounding county was strongly Trump.

The Red Hen may have committed business seppuku. They are only a 3-star restaurant, and I would suspect a good percentage of their clientele support Trump.

NOTE: Just looked at YELP. It's down to 2 1/2 stars. :auiqs.jpg:
LOL

So what? By next month, they'll be back to 5 stars again.

Perhaps. Or perhaps a rival restaurant will let it be known that Republicans are welcome, and they will go there instead.
Umm, you were celebrating conservatives dragging down their rating. I am merely pointing out their rating reflects each months votes. With the attention span of your average conservative being about that of a gnat, by next month, their rating will be back to 5 stars and business will continue as usual.

Actually, they've gone from 5 stars to 3 since early May, before this incident.

Forum List

Back