Restaurant owner kicks Sarah Sanders party out on moral grounds

The owner of the Red Hen was way too into politics. We're all still people and Sarah has as much right as anyone to an actual life, enjoying a meal with friends, spending time relaxing with family. In that part of Virginia, which is just nasty with politicos, I think the vast majority of people must realize that. It's like Fairfield County, Connecticut. You see someone famous and pretend they're just another neighbor. Let them breathe.
Sarah has openly supported the rights of businesses to deny service to gays

That restaurant had gay employees who wanted to deny service to her

One of life’s little ironies
Institutional discrimination isnt ironic, you bigoted bedwetter.

Hey Huck Sanders....you reap what you sow

It is in that Bible you love so much
You are such a hypocrite.
Sanders is a hypocrite if she objects to being denied service
You are a hypocrite. On most issues.

The owner of the Red Hen was way too into politics. We're all still people and Sarah has as much right as anyone to an actual life, enjoying a meal with friends, spending time relaxing with family. In that part of Virginia, which is just nasty with politicos, I think the vast majority of people must realize that. It's like Fairfield County, Connecticut. You see someone famous and pretend they're just another neighbor. Let them breathe.

I heard someone on CSPAN yesterday who had an interesting perspective on this. He said he hoped it would help Sarah realize what it feels like to be denied access just for being who you are, like all the minorities that have been shut out either directly or more discretely.

Think it might give her a little understanding of what she upholds?
I support a business owner's right to be a bigot.

Then, what I would like to see is this kind of thing be a teachable moment, from which can learn and improve things a bit.

But it appears we're not interested in either teachable moments or in improving things.

We just want to beat the other guys.

"The Red Hen Restaurant should focus more on cleaning its filthy canopies, doors and windows (badly needs a paint job) rather than refusing to serve a fine person like Sarah Huckabee Sanders. I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it is dirty on the inside!" - President Trump

Name one

Name one
Public Accommodation laws.

"The Red Hen Restaurant should focus more on cleaning its filthy canopies, doors and windows (badly needs a paint job) rather than refusing to serve a fine person like Sarah Huckabee Sanders. I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it is dirty on the inside!" - President Trump
Trump is so superficial

Hypocrites on both sides, the right is hypocritical for being upset because she was denied service and the left is hypocritical for saying it is justified. And so it goes, day by day the left and right nuts being stupid.

Name one
Public Accommodation laws.
How am I a hypocrite?

My position is that sanders has openly supported the right of a business to deny service to gays for any reason. There were gay employees in that business who objected serving her

I say she got what she deserves

Red Hen absolutely had the right to intolerantly refuse to serve Huckabee. we also have the right to never eat there, advertise their bigotry, and make sure everyone knows that their owner is a backwards-thinking intolerant leftist who is afraid of opposing ideas!

Hypocrites on both sides, the right is hypocritical for being upset because she was denied service and the left is hypocritical for saying it is justified. And so it goes, day by day the left and right nuts being stupid.

Actually both sides are going nuts because of the USSC declaring that JUST LGBT are protected behaviors, immune from majority rule. And they did this citing the 14th Amendment which promises equal footing for all behaviors necessarily once one gains foothold like it did (illegally) in 2015. Hence this drama unfolding. Can a religion object to just one set of behaviors but not others? Who decides which? Just 5 people on the Supreme Court, depending on which behaviors they like and which they don't?

That's the damage the Supreme Court can do to a country by not shelving their bias. When you cut favors for friends at the Highest Court, without thinking what the precedent will do, using voodoo-justice and subjective favoritism, things begin to unravel in the civil arena. BIGLY.

Problem old is that politics has become a team sport' anyone on the other side is bashed whether right or wrong There will be dems that defend the POS's removal All that does is get Repubs even more angry

Problem old is that politics has become a team sport' anyone on the other side is bashed whether right or wrong There will be dems that defend the POS's removal All that does is get Repubs even more angry

The referees are the USSC. And their fuckup is directly responsible for this legal rats nest. See my last post.

I heard someone on CSPAN yesterday who had an interesting perspective on this. He said he hoped it would help Sarah realize what it feels like to be denied access just for being who you are,
This is false. As Heather McGhee said very well:

"There’s a difference between discriminating against someone for who they are and judging someone for what they do"

A restaurant owner in Lexington, Virginia kicked Sarah Huckabee Sanders and her party out of his restaurant ... on moral grounds.

The waiter at The Red Hen said, "I just served Sarah Huckabee Sanders for a total of 2 minutes before my owner kicked her out along with 7 of her other family members."

Others say the owner didn't want Huckabee Sanders in the restaurant out of "moral conviction."

This is the second time this week someone from the Trump Administration was drummed out of a restaurant. Earlier this week Homeland Sec;urity Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was booted from a Mexican restaurant near The White House.

The Red Hen's Yelp pages has blown up with glowing and damning reviews ... along political lines, of course.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Kicked Out of Restaurant on Moral Grounds

To bad she wasn't baking a gay wedding cake.
Funny thing happened on the way to truth

You people celebrated when Joe Biden was turned away from a place of business

Radford bakery that turned Biden away sells out of 'freedom cookies

Radford bakery that turned Biden away sells out of 'freedom cookies'

and it got lost in the craziness of that week, but there is one thread that jumped right out of usmb into my screen

Furious Over ‘You Didn’t Build That,’ Small Biz Owner Shuts Store Door on Biden
Funny what kind of breadcrumbs you people leave behind
Wingnut Todd Starnes today:

View attachment 200890

Wingnut Todd Starnes when it was Biden:

View attachment 200891

View attachment 200892

A restaurant owner in Lexington, Virginia kicked Sarah Huckabee Sanders and her party out of his restaurant ... on moral grounds.

The waiter at The Red Hen said, "I just served Sarah Huckabee Sanders for a total of 2 minutes before my owner kicked her out along with 7 of her other family members."

Others say the owner didn't want Huckabee Sanders in the restaurant out of "moral conviction."

This is the second time this week someone from the Trump Administration was drummed out of a restaurant. Earlier this week Homeland Sec;urity Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was booted from a Mexican restaurant near The White House.

The Red Hen's Yelp pages has blown up with glowing and damning reviews ... along political lines, of course.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Kicked Out of Restaurant on Moral Grounds

To bad she wasn't baking a gay wedding cake.

and it got lost in the craziness of that week, but there is one thread that jumped right out of usmb into my screen

Wingnut Todd Starnes today:

View attachment 200890

Wingnut Todd Starnes when it was Biden:

View attachment 200891

View attachment 200892
Yes, especially the religious right

Political affiliation needs to be a protected class. Just like your sex, race, religion, queerness, handicap, etc. it’s all part of what you are and no one deserves this restaurant bullshit that has suddenly sprung to life

Political affiliation needs to be a protected class. Just like your sex, race, religion, queerness, handicap, etc. it’s all part of what you are and no one deserves this restaurant bullshit that has suddenly sprung to life
Or, retain the right to refuse service to anyone on moral grounds.

It can't be both.

I disagree. Soon everything will be a protected class, and we will then have government and the courts dictating on everything from our hair color, to how many breaths we can take a day.

We also have private property rights. The restaurant owner had EVERY RIGHT to tell Sanders to leave. However, people also have a right to comment, and not patronize her business.

Forum List

Back