RetiredGySgt.., I Too Lost a Loved One, My..,

Wildman

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2013
this Side of Heaven
wife and soul mate of 37 years died on Thanksgiving day 2015AD, exactly 35 years to the day after my Mother died.
my sincere condolences, since you opened your heart about your grief, about loosing a future valued family member, i know how it hurts, and it hurts so very deeply, i pray your family will put it behind you, mourn and honor this loss with all due respect.., everyone tells me to do as my wife would want me to do.., mourn me, but go on with your life.

Wildman

My father is 74-years-old and he is in constant pain. I don't know if he'll live much longer, and I am already mourning him. We have always been very close. When he picked me up for the first time, he said "He is going to be my best friend." Who could ask for a father better than that?

Value family members. Love them as hard as you can, particularly the crazy ones, because they need that love even more.

Wildman, I am sad for you. Losing a loved spouse is so very, very hard to go through. I know.

Value family members. Love them as hard as you can, particularly the crazy ones, because they need that love even more.

Wildman, I am sad for you. Losing a loved spouse is so very, very hard to go through. I know.

And my thoughts are with you Jake,

My father is 74-years-old and he is in constant pain. I don't know if he'll live much longer, and I am already mourning him. We have always been very close. When he picked me up for the first time, he said "He is going to be my best friend." Who could ask for a father better than that?

you are very lucky to, "have always been very close." when my father was working it was 3-11 shift, i was at school, weekends and days off he operated an auto body repair shop, and i was out in the woods with my dog and .22 rifle, he was a a little bit "anti-gun", when it involved fun for a 12 y.o. country boy.

Jake we may be at odds in another realm, but how long were you and your "spouse" together ? how long has it been since your loss ?
i ask because last Saturday 26, was 4 months for me.., i am really happy my soul mate is in Heaven, 20 years ago she had a C.H.F. incident, she was put on a heart/ling transplant list, she showed so much improvement in a 72 hr. everyone was whispering "that's a miracle", for the past 20years it has been needles, tests, probes implants 911 calls.., this last time when we all (sisters, brother and myself) were told by the very best medical staff anywhere, there is nothing more we can do, take her home to be with her loved ones until...........

My wife and I were married 43 years ago, and she died 22 years later. She was a traditional Christian woman and lived her life accordingly. She had such a love for others for living. I have found the loss does not get easier but the energy and ability to cope has grown through the years. I concentrate on those things she, as my wife, always wanted me as her man to be good at. She accepted people and left judgment to the Lord. She recognized long before the rest of us that my younger brother was gay, never outed him, kept loving him, and chided us when we found that he was the Lord's creation. She was quite clear that she felt whatever he was would be handled only by the Lord and him. She taught all of us so many lessons about living a fulfilled life. I cannot imagine not having her as my wife and the mother of our children.

Four months is not long at all unless one is in the grieving process than it seems forever.

Last edited:
My wife and I were married 43 years ago, and she died 22 years later. She was a traditional Christian woman and lived her life accordingly. She had such a love for others for living. I have found the loss does not get easier but the energy and ability to cope has grown through the years. I concentrate on those things she, as my wife, always wanted me as her man to be good at. She accepted people and left judgment to the Lord. She recognized long before the rest of us that my younger brother was gay, never outed him, kept loving him, and chided us when we found that he was the Lord's creation. She was quite clear that she felt whatever he was would be handled only by the Lord and him. She taught all of us so many lessons about living a fulfilled life. I cannot imagine not having her as my wife and the mother of our children.

Four months is not long at all unless one is in the grieving process than it seems forever.

your wife, it seems was pretty much like mine, her youngest sister is a lesbian, we all agreed it's not any of our concern and she can live her life as she wishes, and as you say, it will be handled by her and the Lord.
yes! these four months seems like an eternity.

4 months seems like an eternity without your loved one....and yet is such a brief bit of time...when it comes to morning...

thank you for your reply, 4 months seems like 40 years, or as you say, seems like an eternity, our 37 years of togetherness, was the most wonderful time of my life, my first wife and i ended our marriage after 15 years, even from the beginning it was a disaster, i got two fine boys from it and a daughter that is a total mental disaster, she was a beautician, cut a persons neck with a razor because she did not like what the person said, she has been in and out of mental facilities since she was 17 y.o. like her Aunt, who tried killing one of her babies.

Forum List

Back