Revelation 14 Prophecy - The Mark Of the Beast

Jere, you have a kind heart and the best of intentions, so I am going to break my rule and post a serious comment on a religious thread.

Stay away from Revelations. The author was insane. Quite frankly, I am bewildered as to why the church put it in the Bible, while rejecting certain other scriptures that were not written by insane authors.

There are plenty of positive things in the New Testament upon which one might focus.

I would also advise people to pretty much stay away from the Old Testament, as well, unless they are Jewish....in which case, they can not avoid it.

The author was John the one who rested his head upon Jesus breast, Vandal, but I do understand that the book is very different from the others in that it is full of symbols, mysteries, etc. I don't know of anyone who has ever explained that book to me in a way I can believe they knew what they were talking about.. and to be honest with you the only thing I know for sure is the messages to the 7 churches is applicable to todays churches and that Rev. 18 is America. Other than that the mark of the beast I know not to take and I don't want you taking it either! Because it doesn't matter if you don't believe right now, later on you will because you are someone the Lord loves and has favor on.

Now I agree with you the New Testament is good news and there are many positive things to glean from it, Vandal. As to the Old Testament I wonder why you say that. Because actually this preacher recently said the same thing to me! He said I knew the Old Testament very well but it wasn't for me - it was better if I'd stay in the New Testament. I have to admit to you I studied the Old Testament more than I did the New Testament. I think that preacher recognized that too.

I believe the Lord used you tonight, Vandal, to confirm to me it is his will for me to focus on the New Testament from now on. So that is what I am going to do. My husband and I just prayed and asked the Lord to bless you. Thank you, Vandal.

Stay away from Revelations. The author was insane. Quite frankly, I am bewildered as to why the church put it in the Bible, while rejecting certain other scriptures that were not written by insane authors.

Sometimes people write reflections based on what people believe and do. The whole history of the human race has been about war, hunger, crime, etc., etc. No wonder why they have to find a savior. God won't allow any sin in His house.

I have to tell you, Chuck, I don't know that I will ever understand that book in its entirety - little bits and pieces the one thing that really stood out to me was the message to the 7 churches of Asia. I see the Laodicean church so clearly and the one at Thyatira who tolerated the spirit of Jezebel I am realizing is also among us today. I also see the remnant of the church to be those of Smryna and believe the hour of prison & trying / of tribulation 10 days may soon be upon us here...

I have to tell you, Chuck, I don't know that I will ever understand that book in its entirety - little bits and pieces the one thing that really stood out to me was the message to the 7 churches of Asia. I see the Laodicean church so clearly and the one at Thyatira who tolerated the spirit of Jezebel I am realizing is also among us today. I also see the remnant of the church to be those of Smryna and believe the hour of prison & trying / of tribulation 10 days may soon be upon us here...

I think the book of Revelation requires an understanding of a lot of the books of the Bible.
People will show up for a study of the book of Revelation because it is like icing on the cake but they won't show up for Bible study on some of the other books like Daniel, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Genesis, Jeremiah, Hosea, Amos, Matthew and others. I think people really have to do their homework to understand it. I'm not a futurist in terms of prophecy but I think that some of it may have to be understood as it unfolds in the future which is my guess but that is just my opinion.

The bible is not philosophy, Mr. Paine. The Bible is the Sovereign Word of God.

As Mr. Paine himself said, "(The Word of God) is an ever-existing original, which every man can read. It cannot be forged; it cannot be counterfeited; it cannot be lost; it cannot be altered; it cannot be suppressed. It does not depend upon the will of man whether it shall be published or not; it publishes itself from one end of the earth to the other."

Forum List

Back