🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Reverend Wright was right -

The America hating rev wright is a hero to the left.

quell surprise

th

Rev Wright fought for his country as a Marine. Did you?

Now he fights for God and his country comes second

The America hating rev wright is a hero to the left.

quell surprise

th

Rev Wright fought for his country as a Marine. Did you?

Now he fights for God and his country comes second

Yes I did serve.

Past service does not excuse being a useless bag of shit.

oh wait, I forgot, blacks that served get passes from yall, even if what they did should land them in jail, if they weren't lawmakers.

but like I said, no shocker that he's a dem hero for hating the country

What Rev Wright actually said

The government put them in slave quarters, put them on auction blocks, put them in cotton fields, put them in inferior schools, put them in substandard housing, put them in scientific experiments, put them in the lowest paying jobs, put them outside the equal protection of the law, kept them out of their racist bastions of higher education and locked them into position of hopelessness and helplessness. The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law, and then wants us to sing “God Bless America.” No, no, no. Not “God Bless America”; God Damn America! That’s in the Bible, for killing innocent people. God Damn America for treating her citizen as less than human. God Damn America as long as she keeps trying to act like she is God and she is supreme!

Would any preacher in America feel otherwise?

Pure sophistry and folly, especially those in bold which are completely subjective.

I still find it funny that so many "anti-capitalists" drive cars; use computers; talk on cell phones; and likely sleep in beds made by CAPITALIST companies. But it's typical of a liberal to enjoy the fruits of someone else's labor. Quit whining and go back to watching your big screen TV or listening to your hi-fi stereo system or playing your video games. Sony, Samsung, Alpine, GMC, the Sleep Number Bed, Microsoft, and Bank of America are completely intertwined with your daily life. What the hell would you do without them?

Hypocrites!!!!!

Enjoy those Nike shoes. LOL

The government put them in slave quarters, put them on auction blocks, put them in cotton fields, put them in inferior schools, put them in substandard housing, put them in scientific experiments, put them in the lowest paying jobs, put them outside the equal protection of the law, kept them out of their racist bastions of higher education and locked them into position of hopelessness and helplessness. The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law, and then wants us to sing “God Bless America.” No, no, no. Not “God Bless America”; God Damn America! That’s in the Bible, for killing innocent people. God Damn America for treating her citizen as less than human. God Damn America as long as she keeps trying to act like she is God and she is supreme!

Pure sophistry and folly, especially those in bold which are completely subjective.

Which part is subjective?

So, super-national corporations are actually in charge, regardless of which party and which talking-head occupy the White House, etc.?

Is such a state of affairs actually real?

Does that endure, now, in perpetuity?

Does that end in Radicalism or Revolution?

There's no escaping the idea that both parties are in-bed with Big Business and various monied interests - although one party appears to be more thoroughly seduced than another.

It all sounds a little Matrix-ey, but, it also has a familiar and believable 'ring' to it.

Personally, I don't trust either Party any further than I can throw 'em... one trusts to luck and the marketplace to make things better for folks... the other pays lip service to safeguarding the common man but largely only goes through the motions.

A most unpalatable and unsatisfactory state of affairs... but there seems little prospect of change, this side of something pretty damned Radical.

I have to agree - The dems run on a platform of working for the people, and then, with a few notable exceptions, end up being craven, compromising pussies. The republicans, for the most part, run on bat-shit crazy and ramp that up in office. There's a reckoning coming. It starts in just a couple more days.

I still find it funny that so many "anti-capitalists" drive cars; use computers; talk on cell phones; and likely sleep in beds made by CAPITALIST companies. But it's typical of a liberal to enjoy the fruits of someone else's labor. Quit whining and go back to watching your big screen TV or listening to your hi-fi stereo system or playing your video games. Sony, Samsung, Alpine, GMC, the Sleep Number Bed, Microsoft, and Bank of America are completely intertwined with your daily life. What the hell would you do without them?

Hypocrites!!!!!

Let those without capitalism cast the first iStone

Rev Wright from the same sermon...

Let me help you with something. Let me help you, let me help you. The military does not make for peace. The military only keeps the lid on for a little while. The military doesn’t make for peace, and the absence of armed resistance doesn’t mean the presence of genuine peace. Somebody needs to hear me tonight, you’re not hearing me. War does not make for peace. We said at the eleven o’clock service “Fighting for peace is like raping for Virginity”. War does not make for peace, war only makes for escalating violence, and a mindset to pay the enemy back by any means necessary. When your wife or your children have been crushed by the enemy, when your mother or your father have been mowed down by the military, peace is not on your mind

We the people live in a capitalist world.

Our masters do not.

Their world is the world of monetarism.

What that means is while you amass capital though luck or pluck and hard work, they amass capital by creating it out of thin air to lend to YOU at interest.

Now take my word for it that is NOT CAPITALISM.

All of it. Its shock jock speech. Laughable.

I don't think it was laughable to those suffering from government endorsed second class citizenship

Americans are not only allowed to criticize their country. They have an obligation to do so. It is one of the main purposes of this message board

Outside of the "God Damn America" that conservatives seized upon, Rev Wright made a very powerful sermon that is consistent with what most clergy would say. It is God and Country not Country and God

I don't think it was laughable to those suffering from government endorsed second class citizenship

Americans are not only allowed to criticize their country. They have an obligation to do so. It is one of the main purposes of this message board

Outside of the "God Damn America" that conservatives seized upon, Rev Wright made a very powerful sermon that is consistent with what most clergy would say. It is God and Country not Country and God

I have no problem with criticism by anyone on the govt. God and country is correct. What's not correct is a man of the cloth damning his congregation for a sin that they have already repented or corrected.

I have no problem with criticism by anyone on the govt. God and country is correct. What's not correct is a man of the cloth damning his congregation for a sin that they have already repented or corrected.

You're missing the point of the OP. He was also criticized for pointing out that our chickens are coming home to roost. We was quite correct. Everything we allowed our government to underwrite in blood, guns, and $$ in order to support unbridled capitalism is now coming home to us.

You're missing the point of the OP. He was also criticized for pointing out that our chickens are coming home to roost. We was quite correct. Everything we allowed our government to underwrite in blood, guns, and $$ in order to support unbridled capitalism is now coming home to us.

Absolutely incorrect. Here is the text from Wright in which we see more shock jock subjective rhetoric. Nothing more, nothing less.

""We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye. We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards." Wright concluded that "America's chickens are coming home to roost."

We bombed hiroshima and nagasaki to end the war and save american lives. We even gave japan the chance for an unconditional surrender and they refused. Another misnomer, the terrorism comes from palestine, hamas and insert name here for terrorist group of the day. South africans....what? What does that have to do with anything. The only chickens that are coming home to roost are inside wrights alice in wonderland twisted imagination as he whips his flock into a frothing frenzy.

Last edited:
Our chickens are coming home to roost!

Chris Hedges: The Collapse of Industrial Civilization & the Antidote to Defeatism | MEDIA ROOTS ? Reporting From Outside Party Lines

Imperialism has always been a mask for trade, for business, for control of natural resources. That has been true since the United States began its imperialist expansion with the conquest of the Philippines, Cuba, the control of the Caribbean for sugar and bananas, into the Middle East for oil.

Old school commie rhetoric.

This site was founded by artist, activist and citizen journalist Abby Martin. Abby graduated from SDSU with a B.A. in political science where she was involved in community organizing for multiple causes.

Hypocrites!!!!!

So only corporations create the good things in life, and liberals goof off and wait for that huge welfare check to buy all these modern things. In the meantime, only conservatives have to work for a living. Got it. Man, you guys deserve a medal. And thanks for all the free stuff, good buddy.

Forum List

Back