Review: Nomadland

Nomadic life belongs to adults. I was glad to see no one i the movie had children with them.

That life is a sickness. One of the nomad men described it as freedom. I heard that from my parents over and over "this is freedom". It's really a twisted form of freedom. A mental illness. If you enjoy it by all means drag yourself to all 49 states. I just hope you are not inflicting your personal garbage on anyone else.
A sickness? What? Why?

Nomadic life belongs to adults. I was glad to see no one i the movie had children with them.

That life is a sickness. One of the nomad men described it as freedom. I heard that from my parents over and over "this is freedom". It's really a twisted form of freedom. A mental illness. If you enjoy it by all means drag yourself to all 49 states. I just hope you are not inflicting your personal garbage on anyone else.
A sickness? What? Why?
That was my life. That was how I grew up. It is the story of my childhood. If this is how you choose to life your life more power to you. Do not inflict yourself on anyone else.

It left me with an absolute blind hatred of all the do gooders who helped us along the way. Those who gave us food or shelter earned their place in the 7th circle of hell.

A sickness? What? Why?
That was my life. That was how I grew up. It is the story of my childhood. If this is how you choose to life your life more power to you. Do not inflict yourself on anyone else.

It left me with an absolute blind hatred of all the do gooders who helped us along the way. Those who gave us food or shelter earned their place in the 7th circle of hell.

I don't know why you were in the position you were growing up. Obviously it was not your choice.

But those who choose this way of life are not sick. Some were forced into it by financial situations. Some chose it for the freedom it gives.

A sickness? What? Why?

I don't know why you were in the position you were growing up. Obviously it was not your choice.

But those who choose this way of life are not sick. Some were forced into it by financial situations. Some chose it for the freedom it gives.
The sense of freedom is a twisted and grotesque parody of freedom. They are sick. If they keep their mental disease to themselves go. Be happy. Don't drag anyone else with you.

A sickness? What? Why?

The sense of freedom is a twisted and grotesque parody of freedom. They are sick. If they keep their mental disease to themselves go. Be happy. Don't drag anyone else with you.

I agree that they should make the choice for themselves. I agree that their spouse or partner should want to do it if they are doing it together.

I do not agree that it is a sickness.

In Nomadland Fern's sister gives her money to help her indulge in her perversion of freedom. She knows she will never get that money back. It's go away and don't bother me money. What a shame the movie could not have been that honest.

It's the people who help these twisted perverts that are even worse than they are. Leave them all in a wasteland someplace. I remember every sad sack soul that "helped" us. We were given food, sometimes money, shelter once in a while. Each assistance perpetuated misery for another day. Self righteous bastards every one of them.

A sickness? What? Why?

Man are you fucked up. Get help.

A sickness? What? Why?

Hmm.... a parody of freedom is owing more money than you are worth. It is a mirage of freedom, that is actually a prison.
Especially these days where job security is somewhat a figment of your imagination.

A sickness? What? Why?

Hmm.... a parody of freedom is owing more money than you are worth. It is a mirage of freedom, that is actually a prison.
Especially these days where job security is somewhat a figment of your imagination.

And money for retirement can vanish.

There are people who are on the downside and struggle out. They will do anything to better themselves. Then there are the sickos. They believe in a perverted sense of freedom. Eating out of garbage cans is better than paying for a meal because it's free. Hiding from snow and freezing cold in a subway station is better than an apartment. No one is telling you what to do.

I recall one guy a poster on another board who was raised by hippie parents going from commune to commune. He was in therapy his entire life recovering from "freedom".

There are people who are on the downside and struggle out. They will do anything to better themselves. Then there are the sickos. They believe in a perverted sense of freedom. Eating out of garbage cans is better than paying for a meal because it's free. Hiding from snow and freezing cold in a subway station is better than an apartment. No one is telling you what to do.

I recall one guy a poster on another board who was raised by hippie parents going from commune to commune. He was in therapy his entire life recovering from "freedom".
This post has nothing to do with the OP.

The movie, Nomadland glorifies a sick and perverted lifestyle.

No, it does not. I get that being homeless as a child was hard. But these people made the best of a bad situation. And in so doing, became more independent than most people.

They are not eating out of garbage cans to avoid paying for a meal. They work various jobs and save their money as best they can. By cutting out the cost of a home, they save enormous amounts. And they can go where they want to, when they want to.

It is not a sick lifestyle. And there is nothing perverted about it.

My girlfriend and I are both working from home right now. If we decided to do that in an RV, why would it suddenly become sick and perverted?

When I was a contractor in the fiber optic/cable industry I traveled to where the work was. That is exactly what most of the people in the movie do. Why is that sick and perverted?

No, it does not. I get that being homeless as a child was hard. But these people made the best of a bad situation. And in so doing, became more independent than most people.

They are not eating out of garbage cans to avoid paying for a meal. They work various jobs and save their money as best they can. By cutting out the cost of a home, they save enormous amounts. And they can go where they want to, when they want to.

Whoever hires these derelicts should lose their businesses. They are enablers. If the sickos want to live a twisted life by all means do so. But they should not be helped. They should be allowed to suffer. Living on the road should be painful.

Whoever hires these derelicts should lose their businesses. They are enablers. If the sickos want to live a twisted life by all means do so. But they should not be helped. They should be allowed to suffer. Living on the road should be painful.

Why? These people work just as hard as any other person. Why is living in an RV such an issue? Why buy or rent a house for short term seasonal work?

And they are not enablers. They are businesses that hire short term and seasonal work.

Why does not renting or buying a house make someone a pervert? Why is living on the road something you hate so bad, when it is obviously not the same thing you experienced as a child. These people support themselves through hard work. They do not rely on the gov't to support them.

My girlfriend and I are both working from home right now. If we decided to do that in an RV, why would it suddenly become sick and perverted?

When I was a contractor in the fiber optic/cable industry I traveled to where the work was. That is exactly what most of the people in the movie do. Why is that sick and perverted?
Going from job to job is not the same thing as living on the road.

Going from job to job is not the same thing as living on the road.

No, it isn't. I spent half my income maintaining a home that I only saw 5 or 6 days a month, if I was lucky. Had I bought an RV, like many of my co-workers did, I would have put more money in my pocket and seen more of the country.

Why does not having a regular house make someone sick or perverted?

Let them. They can and do go where they want. Good for them. They can die out there. The enablers the one who gives the derelicts a job and perpetuate parasitic lives are the real villians. I remember every person that "helped" us. Every one who gave my dad a job for a few weeks or a couple of months. The self satisfied women who gave us food. The do good families that gave us a place to stay. Even at my young age I knew to blame them and hate them for it. That life on the road should be painful.

Forum List

Back