Revisiting That Dirty Popular Vote Thing Again

Won't happen, either way. The EC is here to stay.
The compact could end it. And what used to be anomaly in history has now occurred twice in 5 cycles, so imo it needs to go.

But the question should be … can Trump win a simple maj this time? The econ is about as good as it can get, peace is pretty much at hand …. it should be a gop blowout.

What would you think about a rule where the President Elect must get the plurality of the PV as well as 270 EVs?

It's funny how you people want to change the rules everytime you don't get your way.
Why do you assume anyone changes their mind? Although the only party winning the EV without also the pop vote is the gop, and they certainly don't want any change … even if it'd empower their own voters in places like Ca and NY.

You don't comprehend well do you? YOU lost and YOUR side (including you) wants to change the rules.
Who says I vote for Hillary. You guys lost 2 out of the last 5 popular votes and think that's good, even though gop votes in Calif NY IL aren't counted. And how Trump won PA and still lost the pop vote should concern you as to the continued viability of the gop. It concerns me.

but continue on being a presumptuous fool.

Yeahbut, they were all within a few counties.

She could have had a BILLION more votes in California but once you win a state, you WON it.

Presidential elections are 50 STATE elections!
If electing a president were simply 50 state elections, the 50 states picking, then what is the purpose of the electors and the electoral college vote?? Each State would just get one vote....

but that is NOT how it works and NOT how the founders created it.

Maybe that's the way it should work. After all, if the left can complain about changing the EC, why not us complain about a single state vote count?
The compact could end it. And what used to be anomaly in history has now occurred twice in 5 cycles, so imo it needs to go.

But the question should be … can Trump win a simple maj this time? The econ is about as good as it can get, peace is pretty much at hand …. it should be a gop blowout.

What would you think about a rule where the President Elect must get the plurality of the PV as well as 270 EVs?

Why would anyone in their right mind create a rule that would eliminate need for EV, and would permanently give control over elections to largest states, or perhaps to largest cities?

The SCOTUS can't change the electoral college. That requires changing the constitution and that's not the SCOTUS's job.
I am sick of hearing that Hillary won the "popular vote" when that doesn't even count for anything! What counts is the popular vote AT THE STATE LEVEL, after that, it becomes 50 STATE elections. You don't win a country,

YOU WIN STATES.

You'd think democrats and Hillary would KNOW that considering that she was both First Lady, New York Senator and Secretary of STATE.

So I went back and wanted to look at the data a bit different way.

I'm also sick of hearing how pathetic the red states are. So I wanted to know, just what WAS each candidate really up against in 2016 and what did they really win?

In 2016, Hillary won TWENTY states, Trump won THIRTY. To win a state, you have to go up against all voters in a given state; the more people, the more likely voters so, the harder it is to win. And by winning a state, you also win and carry the voice of that state and the people that go in it. So what exactly did the 2016 candidates win?

I looked up the latest tallies of state population, and in the 20 states that Hillary won, her states total population (THE BLUE STATES) was: 2016 BLUE STATE POPULATION = 140,743,676.

And the thirty states that Trump won? 2016 RED STATE POPULATION = 163,435,276.

Yes. Trump's states have 22,691,600 more people in them. A not so small fact I've never seen mentioned before. What is the significance of this?

Trump won 30 states with nearly 23 million more people in them compared to Hillary's 20 states. Not only does that mean you had to carry sway with more people in more states (and by implication, means Trump represented a far greater diversity of the nation!), it means that there are many millions of people who either didn't vote last time or voted against Trump in states he won before who could decide to come out and vote this time or switch their vote to Trump after the recent fiasco of years of Democrats making false claims and accusations all proven wrong and spending tens of millions of dollars of hard earned taxpayer money on silly Russia investigations and a baseless, desperate, petulant, childish impeachment that was nothing more than an abuse of House power resulting in a near Constitutional crisis.

Democrats have stirred up an angry hornets nest, meantime, with the likes of who they have to represent them this time, Democrats may find many of themselves demoralized bowing to the futility.

The 50 US States Ranked By Population

In case anyone wants to check my math.

Trump has 30 states and a potential of up to TWENTY MILLION additional voters this time around, his supporters are pissed, and that is if he doesn't even win any additional states! ;)

Democrats CAN'T feel good about that.

I didn't take the time of counting votes, but anyway Clinton and Gore both won the majority vote.
Liar -- about Gore anyway

Just like Hillary, Gore did have more popular votes, but he did not have majority votes, as dunce claims.

I am sick of hearing that Hillary won the "popular vote" when that doesn't even count for anything! What counts is the popular vote AT THE STATE LEVEL, after that, it becomes 50 STATE elections. You don't win a country,

YOU WIN STATES.

You'd think democrats and Hillary would KNOW that considering that she was both First Lady, New York Senator and Secretary of STATE.

I'm also sick of hearing how pathetic the red states are. So I wanted to know, just what WAS each candidate really up against in 2016 and what did they really win?

In 2016, Hillary won TWENTY states, Trump won THIRTY. To win a state, you have to go up against all voters in a given state; the more people, the more likely voters so, the harder it is to win. And by winning a state, you also win and carry the voice of that state and the people that go in it. So what exactly did the 2016 candidates win?

I looked up the latest tallies of state population, and in the 20 states that Hillary won, her states total population (THE BLUE STATES) was: 2016 BLUE STATE POPULATION = 140,743,676.

Yes. Trump's states have 22,691,600 more people in them. A not so small fact I've never seen mentioned before. What is the significance of this?

Trump won 30 states with nearly 23 million more people in them compared to Hillary's 20 states. Not only does that mean you had to carry sway with more people in more states (and by implication, means Trump represented a far greater diversity of the nation!), it means that there are many millions of people who either didn't vote last time or voted against Trump in states he won before who could decide to come out and vote this time or switch their vote to Trump after the recent fiasco of years of Democrats making false claims and accusations all proven wrong and spending tens of millions of dollars of hard earned taxpayer money on silly Russia investigations and a baseless, desperate, petulant, childish impeachment that was nothing more than an abuse of House power resulting in a near Constitutional crisis.

Democrats have stirred up an angry hornets nest, meantime, with the likes of who they have to represent them this time, Democrats may find many of themselves demoralized bowing to the futility.

Trump has 30 states and a potential of up to TWENTY MILLION additional voters this time around, his supporters are pissed, and that is if he doesn't even win any additional states! ;)

All that math and for what? Clinton still received more votes. Nobody is confused about how the electoral college works or doesn't work. It still doesn't change the fact that as a sitting president more people voted against him than any other in history and just so happened also lost the popular vote by a higher margin than any of the other fluke presidencies that managed to lose the popular vote.

STILL? Still what? So what? I've heard you idiots told 90,000 times now THE NUMBER OF VOTES MEANS NOTHING, yet you morons wear it on your sleeve like a badge of honor! Hillary got move votes than Barack, yet you don't bitch about that because you still got a democrat in office!

And without voter ID, no one knows how many votes were legit! So you can take your 2.8 million unqualified votes, that and a $1.50 will buy you a cup of coffee. And if you actually READ these threads, yes, a great many people are apparently VERY confused about why we have the EC, why we need the EC, why it was put in place, and how it works, and that the popular vote is a meaningless statistic not used in this country for anything.

Will of the people, having a mandate, getting shit done. It usually requires public acceptance and approval. Trump has neither and unlike any other president never has. I understand your anger over this, doesn't change the facts.

Don't need to change any facts.

1. FACT ONE: America isn't run by mob rule. Better get that straight right now. I don't care if California grows to 150 million people, they are still just ONE state, one among 50 and will never get half the say in this country.
  2. FACT TWO: Trump HAS the will of the people. Better check the map again!
    6273C6D0-EDF9FF4D.jpeg
  3. FACT THREE: Trump's mandate is LOUD AND CLEAR and hasn't changed in five years.
  4. FACT FOUR: Trump is getting more done than any president in recent history!
  5. FACT FIVE: Trump has more acceptance and approval than any president in my lifetime! He routinely fills stadium of 12,000 to 125,000 to more loyal and enthused people than I have ever seen in my life. And he ain't going nowhere.

YOU WIN STATES.

All that math and for what? Clinton still received more votes. Nobody is confused about how the electoral college works or doesn't work. It still doesn't change the fact that as a sitting president more people voted against him than any other in history and just so happened also lost the popular vote by a higher margin than any of the other fluke presidencies that managed to lose the popular vote.

Trump argues this by lying about voter fraud. Because he's a putz but I guess you all have to find your own coping mechanisms.

You say Trump is lying. . . if he is "lying," why won't California PROVE that there is no voter fraud? Why did they just not offer up the forensic proof when asked?

You know, it is hard for a lot of Americans to take this state seriously when they passed a State wide law to become a Sanctuary State, IOW, nullifying and disregarding the authority of ICE. Likewise, the following cities and towns are known as "Sanctuary" in that state;

California

Alameda County
Berkley
Contra Costa County
Los Angeles County
Los Angeles
Monterey County
Napa County
Oakland
Riverside County
Sacramento County
San Bernardino County
San Diego County
San Francisco
San Francisco County
San Mateo County
Santa Ana
Santa Clara County
Santa Cruz County
Sonoma County
Watsonville

Most conservatives and moderates do not believe them when they say they kept illegals from voting in presidential elections, when they refuse the Federal Government the ability to audit their voter roles. So. . . with that in mind, yeah, you can tell the other states which way your electoral votes go, but to us? Unless you let us SEE your paper trail on the popular vote?

Nahhh. . . it means absolutely nothing to us.

It's really not up to the states to enforce federal law.

I've lived in two of those counties, man do they have money. As for voter fraud there is no evidence of it in California or anywhere else on a scale that has the possibility of overturning any election or substantially increase a candidate's statewide election results.

It's funny how you people want to change the rules everytime you don't get your way.
Why do you assume anyone changes their mind? Although the only party winning the EV without also the pop vote is the gop, and they certainly don't want any change … even if it'd empower their own voters in places like Ca and NY.

You don't comprehend well do you? YOU lost and YOUR side (including you) wants to change the rules.
Who says I vote for Hillary. You guys lost 2 out of the last 5 popular votes and think that's good, even though gop votes in Calif NY IL aren't counted. And how Trump won PA and still lost the pop vote should concern you as to the continued viability of the gop. It concerns me.

but continue on being a presumptuous fool.

I didn't say you voted for Hillary but you clearly want to change the rules. No, it doesn't concern me in the least, the rules are the rules and they've worked for more than 200 years. Deal with it.

YOU WIN STATES.

STILL? Still what? So what? I've heard you idiots told 90,000 times now THE NUMBER OF VOTES MEANS NOTHING, yet you morons wear it on your sleeve like a badge of honor! Hillary got move votes than Barack, yet you don't bitch about that because you still got a democrat in office!

And without voter ID, no one knows how many votes were legit! So you can take your 2.8 million unqualified votes, that and a $1.50 will buy you a cup of coffee. And if you actually READ these threads, yes, a great many people are apparently VERY confused about why we have the EC, why we need the EC, why it was put in place, and how it works, and that the popular vote is a meaningless statistic not used in this country for anything.

Will of the people, having a mandate, getting shit done. It usually requires public acceptance and approval. Trump has neither and unlike any other president never has. I understand your anger over this, doesn't change the facts.

1. FACT ONE: America isn't run by mob rule. Better get that straight right now. I don't care if California grows to 150 million people, they are still just ONE state, one among 50 and will never get half the say in this country.
  2. FACT TWO: Trump HAS the will of the people. Better check the map again!View attachment 310106
  3. FACT THREE: Trump's mandate is LOUD AND CLEAR and hasn't changed in five years.
  5. FACT FIVE: Trump has more acceptance and approval than any president in my lifetime! He routinely fills stadium of 12,000 to 125,000 to more loyal and enthused people than I have ever seen in my life. And he ain't going nowhere.

Is that the map the map where nobody lives in the red parts?

YOU WIN STATES.

Trump argues this by lying about voter fraud. Because he's a putz but I guess you all have to find your own coping mechanisms.

You say Trump is lying. . . if he is "lying," why won't California PROVE that there is no voter fraud? Why did they just not offer up the forensic proof when asked?

You know, it is hard for a lot of Americans to take this state seriously when they passed a State wide law to become a Sanctuary State, IOW, nullifying and disregarding the authority of ICE. Likewise, the following cities and towns are known as "Sanctuary" in that state;

California

Alameda County
Berkley
Contra Costa County
Los Angeles County
Los Angeles
Monterey County
Napa County
Oakland
Riverside County
Sacramento County
San Bernardino County
San Diego County
San Francisco
San Francisco County
San Mateo County
Santa Ana
Santa Clara County
Santa Cruz County
Sonoma County
Watsonville

Most conservatives and moderates do not believe them when they say they kept illegals from voting in presidential elections, when they refuse the Federal Government the ability to audit their voter roles. So. . . with that in mind, yeah, you can tell the other states which way your electoral votes go, but to us? Unless you let us SEE your paper trail on the popular vote?

I've lived in two of those counties, man do they have money. As for voter fraud there is no evidence of it in California or anywhere else on a scale that has the possibility of overturning any election or substantially increase a candidate's statewide election results.

Sorry but it IS up to the states to recognize and cooperate with federal authority. That is the role of the Fed. THat is why the Fed was created.

You don't believe in voter fraud, you don't believe there can be enough to overturn an election, but you think there are enough Russians running around on Facebook running ads to change enough minds to do that very thing yet cannot produce ONE PERSON who was changed.

Folks are bothered by California's vote rigging.

. . . and then? When the Federal government asked nicely to look at those tallies? California told it to go pound sand.

So every time some Clinton supporter brings up this bullshit about, "she had millions votes more," I am reminded that the present administration wanted to see the paper trail, just like they wanted to see the work that Crosscheck did, but both times, they were told;

"GO POUND SAND."

So yeah, most folks don't buy that shit, that dog don't hunt.

We could ask the question we hear from the left all the time... What do they have to hide? If there is no vote rigging, they have nothing to worry about.

California has more registered voters than citizens. Why is that allowed?

California is also first state that legalize solicitation of ballots, where third party is allowed to collect and deliver voting ballots. So these "third-party" organizations go to nursing homes and churches, harvest ballots from old people and transport it to the polling place. Nothing prevents them from changing the ballots, or disposing ballots they don't like, and there is no mechanism that can prevent that from happening.

In 2018, California Republican David Valadao had 5000 vote lead over challenger Democrat T.J. Cox. The margin was large enough that media even called the win for Valadao, but late ballots delivered by the third party changed the result in favor of Democrat who won by 862 votes. If it happen once, maybe it's coincience, but... Since California allowed ballot harvesting, Democrats won every single Congressional seat in Orange County that has been Republican stronghold for decades. Still coincidence?

Dude, you don't even want to hear about the corruption that happens in Deborah Wasserman-Schultz's district. It was so outrageous, that even when a judge ruled against the county election supervisor, she kept her job, b/c the alternative would have meant giving the job to a Justice Democrat. The only way to enforce the decision would have been to go above State level. . . to the DOJ. Apparently, the DNC knew folks in the DOJ, I forgot the guys name, but, it didn't bode well for Trump. I believe it was Rosenstein at the time.

Anyway, Debie-Wasserman-Schultz had a relative in the DOJ, pulled some strings, and the corruption continues. It matters not which party you are in, they are all the same. (These folks were against the regular DNC, they were Justice Democrats. . . so, make of that what you will. If it hadn't been for the Wasserman's, I would have thought Trump's folks would let it ride.)

Did The Department Of Justice Protect Brenda Snipes From Prosecution For Ballot Destruction?
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-07/did-department-justice-protect-brenda-snipes-prosecution-ballot-destruction

YOU WIN STATES.

2. FACT TWO: Trump HAS the will of the people. Better check the map again!View attachment 310106

Is that the map the map where nobody lives in the red parts?

You think nobody lives in the red parts? Glad to see you admit you are a dolt. Funny they had plenty of people in them when they were blue.

I've personally already had like TWO threads where I already dispelled that lie.

No three.

THIS ONE. 160 million in Trumps red states. Only 140 million in Hillary's blue ones.

Now go fuck off, simp.

If it’s meaningless...why are you so bothered by the fact that she got millions more votes than your blob?

First of all, he's not my blob. I despise Trump. Second, it doesn't bother me. I'm just pointing out that your claim doesn't mean what you think it means.

Yet here you are arguing about something you claim is meaningless 3 plus years after the fact.

LOL - I'm not arguing about. I'm just pointing out that your supposed "fact" isn't all that.

Last edited:

YOU WIN STATES.

California

Alameda County
Berkley
Contra Costa County
Los Angeles County
Los Angeles
Monterey County
Napa County
Oakland
Riverside County
Sacramento County
San Bernardino County
San Diego County
San Francisco
San Francisco County
San Mateo County
Santa Ana
Santa Clara County
Santa Cruz County
Sonoma County
Watsonville

Sorry but it IS up to the states to recognize and cooperate with federal authority. That is the role of the Fed. THat is why the Fed was created.

You don't believe in voter fraud, you don't believe there can be enough to overturn an election, but you think there are enough Russians running around on Facebook running ads to change enough minds to do that very thing yet cannot produce ONE PERSON who was changed.

Do I believe that political ads on facebook and elsewhere are effective? Yes. Why? Because political campaigns spend millions doing just that. Bloomberg is evidence that campaign ads can and do work.

What isn't cool is when the Trump campaign manager is sharing internal polling data with Russians and it just so happens the targeted communities in 3 states that just every so slightly went in Trump's direction. Not enough to win over Americans but just to rack up electoral college votes. Pretty shitty stuff.

Yeahbut, they were all within a few counties.

She could have had a BILLION more votes in California but once you win a state, you WON it.

Presidential elections are 50 STATE elections!
If electing a president were simply 50 state elections, the 50 states picking, then what is the purpose of the electors and the electoral college vote?? Each State would just get one vote....

Maybe that's the way it should work. After all, if the left can complain about changing the EC, why not us complain about a single state vote count?

That seems reasonable. And what if no candidate gets both?

That seems reasonable. And what if no candidate gets both?
We officially dissolve the federal government and the federal reserve. Each state will have to issue it's own currency and rely on it's own national guard. The Empire will dissolve.

:thewave:

YOU WIN STATES.

Somebody is triggered.

Forum List

Back