Richard Dawkins Finally Gets One Right! Whats Next, He Starts to Believe in God? Heaven Forbid!

Here's another one.
“I want to know God’s thoughts. The rest are details.”
—Albert Einstein --- Quoted by E. Salaman in “ A Talk with Einstein”, Listener 54 (1955)

I follow Dawkins on twitter, and I have read 'the God delusion' . (but I am not an atheist) I am glad to see he has the courage to stick it to Muslims, considering we know how dangerous they are. I criticise the Quran but only under the name Dajjal not under my own name.
Do you know that Dajjal means devil in certain languages?

Not kidding, I'm pretty sure you know it's meaning:

Al-Masih ad-Dajjal (Arabic: المسيح الدجّال‎ Al-Masīḥ ad-Dajjāl, "the false messiah"), is an evil figure in Islamic eschatology.[1] He is to appear pretending to be the Masih (i.e. the Messiah) at a time in the future, before Yawm al-Qiyamah(Day of Resurrection), and is comparable to the Antichrist and Armilus in Christian and medieval Jewish eschatology, respectively.

I picked the name Dajjal, precisely because I knew it would attract the attention of Muslims before I even said anything. I have used it on various forums, and I currently use it on twitter.

I follow Dawkins on twitter, and I have read 'the God delusion' . (but I am not an atheist) I am glad to see he has the courage to stick it to Muslims, considering we know how dangerous they are. I criticise the Quran but only under the name Dajjal not under my own name.

Al-Masih ad-Dajjal (Arabic: المسيح الدجّال‎ Al-Masīḥ ad-Dajjāl, "the false messiah"), is an evil figure in Islamic eschatology.[1] He is to appear pretending to be the Masih (i.e. the Messiah) at a time in the future, before Yawm al-Qiyamah(Day of Resurrection), and is comparable to the Antichrist and Armilus in Christian and medieval Jewish eschatology, respectively.

I picked the name Dajjal, precisely because I knew it would attract the attention of Muslims before I even said anything. I have used it on various forums, and I currently use it on twitter.

I thought you would know. How did you arrive at this name? Are you familiar with the culture?

I thought you would know. How did you arrive at this name? Are you familiar with the culture?

I have read the Quran and a number of Hadiths, but I am no expert on Islam.

The quote is easy to find. I stand by it being authentic. What Spirit is Einstein speaking of?
Then link it as a courtesy also requested by forum rules.

I don't know to what spirit Einstein refers, it's pretty clear he doesn't know himself. It's also clear to what spirit he doesn't refer...

Therefore, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, that is, by a wish addressed to a supernatural Being.
Quote Investigator

That's somewhat of a stretch...

“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”
A quote by Albert Einstein
That's somewhat of a stretch...

“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”
A quote by Albert Einstein
Not really if you examine more of his words.

Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.
The scientists’ religious feeling takes the form of a rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection.
– Albert Einstein

Einstein believed in different things during the course of his life, like most of us. His concept of God was less that of a personal God like Christians believe in, generally and more leaning toward the Idea of an impersonal Creator, like so many of the Deists did.

How come no link to that translation?

Some Spirit is Manifest in the Laws of the Universe, One that is Vastly Superior to that of Man

Quote Investigator

Quote Investigator: In 1936 Albert Einstein sent a letter to a sixth-grade student named Phyllis Wright. The letter was written in Einstein’s native language of German and not in English. His note was complex, multi-layered, and difficult to translate into English. The missive did contain a section that expressed an opinion similar to the one in the text presented by the questioner. Further below QI will present three distinct translations of an excerpt from the letter corresponding to the passage above. [...]

In 1999 an auction catalog featured the typewritten letter in German sent to Phyllis Wright and signed by A. Einstein. The description of the item included another translation [SCAE]:

On the other hand those who are devoted to scientific study are filled with the conviction that nature in its law-abidingness shows the presence of a spirit who is vastly greater than the human spirit and before whom we must humbly confess our own very modest powers. Scientific work, therefore, leads to religious feeling of a unique type which is, of course, different from the religious feeling of less informed men.
The quote is easy to find. I stand by it being authentic. What Spirit is Einstein speaking of?

cnm is a troll . Don't be surprised if he soon reduces his responses to three or four words sentences that are nothing more than another way of saying 'You're wrong, and I am right, and religion is another form of magical superstition'. Such people are morons with little more to show for their understanding of their opposites than one would get from a Chick tract.

Muslims believe in a creator. They're as batshit crazy as the rest of the adherents to the Abrahamic religions.

Anyone who believes in a creator without being able to provide evidence for the same is a believer in fairy stories, i.e. batshit crazy.
Did you get that wacky rant out of your system?

Then link it as a courtesy also requested by forum rules.

I don't know to what spirit Einstein refers, it's pretty clear he doesn't know himself. It's also clear to what spirit he doesn't refer...

Therefore, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, that is, by a wish addressed to a supernatural Being.
Quote Investigator
Report me if you think I'm breaking a rule. Einstein believed in Intelligent Design.

Bowie believes fervently in the god of the gaps. If there is no current explanation, god did it.

His concept of God was less that of a personal God like Christians believe in, generally and more leaning toward the Idea of an impersonal Creator, like so many of the Deists did.
Except I don't believe he ever used the term creator.

You construct a tautology and don't even realize it. You have to be one of the most God-damned stupid people here. I doubt even CumCatcher is that stupid.

You still haven't explained why you keep using the special pleading fallacy for your God. That is, you say something had to have created the universe, but when the question of "What created your God?" comes up, you declare your magic sky fairy is special and eternal, so that issue doesn't apply.

Now, I'm sure everyone is wondering how you'll meltdown this time to avoid that issue again. So please proceed.

By the way, did your cult require you be castrated before you joined, or was that done as part of your initiation?

You have failed to point out the fallacy. I spoke of SCIENCE, the BIG BANG theory, idiot. And just because we don't know what came before the Big Bang it doesn't make it 'magic', retard.

You causality argument is 'effin stupid because it assumes time existed before the big bang. Time started with the big bang, therefore there was no "before", therefore all causality arguments fail hilariously.

You have failed to establish that God's followers would behave better than normal

But I got you here to admit religion is pointless. That's just as good. Thanks for your cooperation.

and you failed to prove that they don't.

You keep providing that evidence. Again, thanks for your cooperation.

Intelligent design supposes a designer, a creator. Einstein specifically dismissed that conventional religious aspect.

Forum List

Back