Rick Sanchez of CNN takes on Fox News

Fact: CNN et al reported on the event.

Opinion: "CNN et al didn't present the event in the way I wold have liked."

Opinion: "Fox promoted the event."

Di, if that was the case I would agree that Fox was not being honest, but the truth is CNN did not cover the actual intent of the protest and the overwhelming majority of the protesters.

...you know...the NEWS.

Last edited:
That's not really an apt comparison. A more accurate analogy would be saying I didn't cover the game because I talked to a few players on each team, but I didn't talk to everyone on the team.
ok, hows this one
they went to the circus and cover the side shows and ignored the main event

Now that’s a great analogy. What was the main event that was ignored?

It's a horrible analogy. It would like bitching that even though they showed the elephants, the clowns, the lion tamer, and the acrobats, that they didn't really cover the circus because they didn't show the seals and the human cannonball.

ok, hows this one

It's a horrible analogy. It would like bitching that even though they showed the elephants, the clowns, the lion tamer, and the acrobats, that they didn't really cover the circus because they didn't show the seals and the human cannonball.
WRONG
thats not the comparison i made
you are lying

they covered the bearded lady and the rubber man
and ignored everything else

ok, hows this one

I thought circus and side shows seemed to fit.

ok, hows this one

Here's an analogy for you...

It's like covering Senator Kennedy's Funeral procession by only interviewing the family of Mary Jo Kopechne and William Kennedy Smith.

Fact: CNN et al reported on the event.

Opinion: "CNN et al didn't present the event in the way I wold have liked."

Opinion: "Fox promoted the event."

Di, if that was the case I would agree that Fox was not being honest, but the truth is CNN did not cover the actual intent of the protest and the overwhelming majority of the protesters.

...you know...the NEWS.

No worries M. - I was trying to work out in my own mind the difference between fact and opinion and I admit there's a lot of room between the two concepts for discussion for sure.

ok, hows this one

^ Swing and a miss....

You guys have made it painfully clear that anything short of promoting the claims of the protesters will be viewed as not having covered the event.

Clearly you people are insane.

FoxNews, the "Treason" channel, promoted the Tea Party and exaggerated the number of people at the event by 1000%.

Then they have the temerity to be pissed because the other Channels didn't also promote the event along with them.

So they take out a full page ad in major newspapers claiming the other channels didn't cover the event at all, which is a bald-faced lie.

Then CNN calls them on their slanderous statements, and you people are now claiming that Fox was right to do what they did because they didn't like the coverage the other networks DID give the event?

Seriously?

FOXNEWS LIED. Period.

They need to apologize, or the other networks should sue them.

Last edited:
Listen to him again, nutsack. He makes supposition after supposition. Not one fact. He surmises on what Fox is "trying" to say, which is of course his OPINION, not a fact.

This is the frustrating thing about the left. I could explain the difference between "opinion" and "fact" to you all night long. You are incapable of understanding it. Just as you are incapable of discerning NEWS from EDITORIAL.

He SHOWED the full page ad that Fox ran, which stated, specifically, that all the networks named did not cover the event.

And then he showed CNN's coverage of the event.

That is fact, not opinion.

He showed, conclusively, that FoxNews specifically lied in an attempt to smear the other networks.

You guys have made it painfully clear that anything short of promoting the claims of the protesters will be viewed as not having covered the event.
and you have made it painfully clear you will never understand it

Listen to him again, nutsack. He makes supposition after supposition. Not one fact. He surmises on what Fox is "trying" to say, which is of course his OPINION, not a fact.

This is the frustrating thing about the left. I could explain the difference between "opinion" and "fact" to you all night long. You are incapable of understanding it. Just as you are incapable of discerning NEWS from EDITORIAL.

He SHOWED the full page ad that Fox ran, which stated, specifically, that all the networks named did not cover the event.

He showed, conclusively, that FoxNews specifically lied in an attempt to smear the other networks.
except what he showed was NOT covering "the event"

Clearly you people are insane.

FoxNews, the "Treason" channel, promoted the Tea Party and exaggerated the number of people at the event by 1000%.

Then they have the temerity to be pissed because the other Channels didn't also promote the event along with them.

So they take out a full page ad in major newspapers claiming the other channels didn't cover the event at all, which is a bald-faced lie.

Then CNN calls them on their slanderous statements, and you people are now claiming that Fox was right to do what they did because they didn't like the coverage the other networks DID give the event?

Seriously?

FOXNEWS LIED. Period.

They need to apologize, or the other networks should sue them.

You really have no idea what's going on around you, do you?

First, Fox under reported the attendance...never once over reporting it.

Second, the ad didn't state that CNN didn't report...it said they "missed the story"...which they did.

You starting to sound like the birthers.

No, it was not "covering" the event to your satisfaction.

It was, in fact, "Covering" the event.

Showing video, running interviews, telling the populace of the gathering as it happens, that is "covering" an event. Period.

FoxNews committed slander, and they deserve to be brought to court.

CNN definitely had some air time given to the event (I still think circus would be better than event). That’s not missing the story.

You starting to sound like the birthers.

I'm sure that means a lot coming from a flaming 0bamabot like yourself...

Forum List

Back