Right to Try & the Left's Continued Hypocrisy

Google

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2011
"We also believe that patients with terminal conditions should have access to experimental treatments that could potentially save their lives...People who are terminally ill should not have to go from country to country to seek a cure — I want to give them a chance right here at home. It is time for the Congress to give these wonderful Americans the 'right to try.'" - President Donald Trump State of the Union 2017.

Another promise kept. The bill would be more aptly named the 'Right to Choose'. The moral and ethical decision to provide patients with terminal illnesses another option other than 1) known ineffective traditional therapies 2) palliative care or 3) assisted suicide; that is what the left is now fervently against.

The left's monolithic decision that they are now opposed to providing patients the right to choose their own medical care, while simultaneously rabidly supporting assisted suicide and abortion in the name of allowing individual's the 'right to choose', demonstrates succinctly their willingness to embrace hypocrisy in the name of partisan hatred of a president over intellectual consistency.

It is evident, to me anyway, that the left's decision is motivated purely by hate. Why is this so evident? These same people that are now claiming this bill endangers patients lives, wholeheartedly supported it when it came to AIDS treatments. They made an entire movie, The Dallas Buyers Club, about the benefits of allowing patients the right to choose their medical care.

As part of the experimental AIDS treatment movement, he smuggled unapproved pharmaceutical drugs into Texas for treating his symptoms, and distributed them to fellow people with AIDS by establishing the "Dallas Buyers Club" while facing opposition from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

Now the same media that leaped praise and awards on this movie, are universally against it. They would rather patients go to Mexico for experimental cancer treatments where the risks are much higher than allow them to make that choice here. They make the case for abortion by claiming women will go to Mexico where they may die, but when it comes to terminally ill cancer treatments--their hatred of the president trumps, pun intended, their willingness to provide patients with the RIGHT TO CHOOSE their medical treatment.

Sounds like a good idea ....but an idea that can be exploited by those seeking to take advantage of those who have a terminal disease

Insurance companies will not cover experimental procedures. A terminal patient will have to spend his life savings for a procedure with limited chances of success

Sounds like a good idea ....but an idea that can be exploited by those seeking to take advantage of those who have a terminal disease

Insurance companies will not cover experimental procedures. A terminal patient will have to spend his life savings for a procedure with limited chances of success

My girlfriend survived terminal brain cancer at age 2. She is my complete opposite ideologically, which has caused some problems and we avoid certain issues. I was not aware that this was one of them when we began discussing it this morning. Her feelings are so great on the topic that we are now not talking.

She agrees with you. In her opinion, the financial and emotional cost of going through the treatment that ultimately saved her life was more than if she had died. Honestly, I am currently overwhelmed with emotions on the subject and wish I could stop reading the news so obsessively.

Regardless, I do not believe that decision should be in the hands of anyone but the patient to make. How one can make the case for assisted suicide and then in the same breath oppose giving those same patients the right to choose their medical treatments is hypocritical and demonstrates the left's love of death.

My girlfriend survived terminal brain cancer at age 2. She is my complete opposite ideologically, which has caused some problems and we avoid certain issues. I was not aware that this was one of them when we began discussing it this morning. Her feelings are so great on the topic that we are now not talking.

She agrees with you. In her opinion, the financial and emotional cost of going through the treatment that ultimately saved her life was more than if she had died. Honestly, I am currently overwhelmed with emotions on the subject and wish I could stop reading the news so obsessively.

Regardless, I do not believe that decision should be in the hands of anyone but the patient to make. How one can make the case for assisted suicide and then in the same breath oppose giving those same patients the right to choose their medical treatments is hypocritical and demonstrates the left's love of death.

I should include that the treatment she received, using platinum to treat the tumor, was experimental and was difficult and very costly for her parents to have received.

Demonrats reject Right to Try in favor of Right to Die. The terminally ill are encouraged to kill themselves.

Demonrats reject Right to Try in favor of Right to Die. The terminally ill are encouraged to kill themselves.

Damn it, why didn't I think of that line. It is so true. I was shocked by the reaction of ABC, NBC, CNN, NY Times--all publications that praised, when I say praise I mean oozing with love praise, The Dallas Buyers Club, and wrote glowingly about AIDS patients courage to defy the federal government to attain experimental treatments--are all 100% against it and are now claiming Trump's actions are endangering patients and is a horrible piece of legislation.

The right to die trumps the right to try to a party with an obsession with death and worldview that considers humanity itself a cancer.

Forum List

Back