Right wingers...regarding Orlando tragedy....you have a tough choice to make

Status
Not open for further replies.
[
Yes big centralized government is loved by fools like you. If you think banning guns for the law abiding will lead to less gun deaths, you are a complete and utter FOOL.

Only a fool like you thinks the law abiding should be defenseless...that they have no right to protect themselves. Only the elites and criminals will have guns, in your utopia.

The consequences of liberalism are always heinous, but fools being fools, can't see it.

Most countries with centralised govt have such a system because the country is too small to have any other system. I live in Australia and we have six states gvts, plus federal and local govt. Vast majority of us want to get rid of one level of govt. Most vote state. There are only 24 million of us in a land the size of the US. Total waste of money.

Who's defenseless? Australia imported just over 120,000 guns last year and that DOESN'T include those for the police or armed forces. What is different about these guns is that NONE of them are the assault-type used in mass murders such as the US.

I'm more than confident that banning of certain guns will lead to less gun deaths. Problem is, in the US the rate of gun deaths is much higher than other first-world countries that it would take a generation for them to come down to some sort of normal level.

Well, not really comparable. The problem with drugs IS their illegality. We legalize alcohol, but not drugs, which makes absolutely no sense, since the drunk and the druggie are only hurting themselves, really.

We need to treat addiction as a medical problem, not a legal one.

Guns, on the other hand, are a legal problem. They make it easier to commit crimes. 33,000 gun deaths, 70,000 gun injuries, 400,000 gun crimes and 270 BILLION in lost revenue and damages due to guns.

And if some party-goers and school children get in the way of your fetish, that's just their tough luck.
I fully support legalizing all drugs, but only a fucking moron doesn't think the death rate due to overdoses, stupid acts and suicides will go up.

Totally wrong. A big part of accidental deaths are that doses on the street are completely unknown. Drug dealers go both ways both releasing high concentrates, they cut drugs which may cause you to use more next time, they push stronger drugs, they use things like formaldehyde. Proper labeling would be a big thing to reduce accidental deaths. And who doesn't do drugs now because government tells them not to? No one
Got a link? Facts? Something like these?:

CDC - Fact Sheets-Alcohol Use And Health - Alcohol
Excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from 2006 – 2010, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years.1,2 Further, excessive drinking was responsible for 1 in 10 deaths among working-age adults aged 20-64 years. The economic costs of excessive alcohol consumption in 2010 were estimated at $249 billion, or $2.05 a drink.

CDC - Fact Sheets-Excessive Alcohol Use and Risks to Men's Health - Alcohol
Injuries and deaths as a result of excessive alcohol use
  • Men consistently have higher rates of alcohol-related deaths and hospitalizations than women.1,8,9
  • Among drivers in fatal motor-vehicle traffic crashes, men are almost twice as likely as women to have been intoxicated (i.e., a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08% or greater).10
  • Excessive alcohol consumption increases aggression and, as a result, can increase the risk of physically assaulting another person.11
  • Men are more likely than women to commit suicide, and more likely to have been drinking prior to committing suicide.

Prescription Opioid Overdose Data | Drug Overdose | CDC Injury Center
Overdose deaths involving prescription opioids have quadrupled since 1999,1 and so have sales of these prescription drugs.2 From 1999 to 2014, more than 165,000 people have died in the U.S. from overdoses related to prescription opioids.1

Opioid prescribing continues to fuel the epidemic. Today, at least half of all U.S. opioid overdose deaths involve a prescription opioid.1 In 2014, more than 14,000 people died from overdoses involving prescription opioids

In case you missed it, kaz, all of the above are legal and in government-regulated purity and quality form. Again I support the legalization of all drugs, but let's not fool ourselves that everyone will have a happily-ever-after if we do.

Since none of your articles compare legal to illegal alcohol, none of them address the discussion.

Also, when you make a point, you don't get to tell me I have to prove you wrong. I read all the time about things like how a bunch of deaths were caused by

1) additives like formaldehyde

2) spikes in potency

3) unhygenic things like dirty needles

Seriously, you don't? I'm not big on Googling things for people you could easily Google yourselves. But those are three specific things to look into. I am not claiming it would lead to a big lowering of deaths. I just disagree with you it would necessarily go up. And I don't see anyone who would start using drugs because they become legal.

Another indirect area of deaths like drug shootings would also go down
Actually illegal Alcohol has killed lots of people. Using the wrong wood in the process creates a poison.

Why do you say "actually" when you didn't contradict anything I said?

I fully support legalizing all drugs, but only a fucking moron doesn't think the death rate due to overdoses, stupid acts and suicides will go up.

Totally wrong. A big part of accidental deaths are that doses on the street are completely unknown. Drug dealers go both ways both releasing high concentrates, they cut drugs which may cause you to use more next time, they push stronger drugs, they use things like formaldehyde. Proper labeling would be a big thing to reduce accidental deaths. And who doesn't do drugs now because government tells them not to? No one

Excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from 2006 – 2010, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years.1,2 Further, excessive drinking was responsible for 1 in 10 deaths among working-age adults aged 20-64 years. The economic costs of excessive alcohol consumption in 2010 were estimated at $249 billion, or $2.05 a drink.

• Men consistently have higher rates of alcohol-related deaths and hospitalizations than women.1,8,9
  • Among drivers in fatal motor-vehicle traffic crashes, men are almost twice as likely as women to have been intoxicated (i.e., a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08% or greater).10
  • Excessive alcohol consumption increases aggression and, as a result, can increase the risk of physically assaulting another person.11
  • Men are more likely than women to commit suicide, and more likely to have been drinking prior to committing suicide.

Overdose deaths involving prescription opioids have quadrupled since 1999,1 and so have sales of these prescription drugs.2 From 1999 to 2014, more than 165,000 people have died in the U.S. from overdoses related to prescription opioids.1

Opioid prescribing continues to fuel the epidemic. Today, at least half of all U.S. opioid overdose deaths involve a prescription opioid.1 In 2014, more than 14,000 people died from overdoses involving prescription opioids

In case you missed it, kaz, all of the above are legal and in government-regulated purity and quality form. Again I support the legalization of all drugs, but let's not fool ourselves that everyone will have a happily-ever-after if we do.

Since none of your articles compare legal to illegal alcohol, none of them address the discussion.

Also, when you make a point, you don't get to tell me I have to prove you wrong. I read all the time about things like how a bunch of deaths were caused by

2) spikes in potency

Seriously, you don't? I'm not big on Googling things for people you could easily Google yourselves. But those are three specific things to look into. I am not claiming it would lead to a big lowering of deaths. I just disagree with you it would necessarily go up. And I don't see anyone who would start using drugs because they become legal.

Actually illegal Alcohol has killed lots of people. Using the wrong wood in the process creates a poison.
Agreed. Let's not forget moonshine made with lead pipes.

What I challenged was your statement making drugs illegal would lead to more drug deaths.

Your statement that alcohol is legal and lots of people die doesn't contradict my challenge.

Slyhunter saying that people die from illegal alcohol too, actually, doesn't contradict that either

I live in Australia, moron. And I'm saying your constitutional right is ancient, should be repealed and is a dumb arse idea that allows morons to have guns. Not a great mix.

I'd put my freedoms over yours any day of hte week. You are the guys constantly bitching on this very site about your lack of freedoms.
Translation: I'm the meek descendant of prisoners who revere our King/Queen and am content to STFU and let them do all of my thinking for me. You should do the same.

Sorry, mate, but our culture threw off the yoke of tyrannical monarchy at the point of a gun. We plan to keep it that way.

Translation: I'm the meek descendant of prisoners who revere our King/Queen and am content to STFU and let them do all of my thinking for me. You should do the same.

Sorry, mate, but our culture threw off the yoke of tyrannical monarchy at the point of a gun. We plan to keep it that way.

Yeah. Divine Flatulance would rather live under the yoke of a big corporation that lies to him that a gun makes up for his shortcomings.

Here's the thing. You can probably go out at night in a major Australian city. An American city, not so much.

Sure, it was the yoke of tyranny....... in 1776. Not so much in 2016.
The Queen has no say at all in how we conduct our lives. There's a woman, who at 90 years of age, attended over 400 events last year. She has done nothing but serve her people her whole life. I live in Australia and am a NZer. There are republican movements in both countries, and it is thought one day both will become republics. And what will happen to our daily lives when that does happen? Nothing will change.

I love this romantic idea that America is somehow 'freer' than other western countries because of your revolution, or because of your 2nd, or whatever. The reality is you have one of the worst political systems in the western world - a duopoly where both parties are pretty similar in a lot of ways. A place where you can vote in a judge, or state attorney general based on the size of their war chest and not their ability. Where you have more rules and regulations on the books than almost all other western nations combined. Where the NRA rules your politicians with an iron fist instead of letting true democracy take place. Where health insurers have a massive conflict of interest over how your health system is run yet get to call all the shots. Then you turn around and lecture the rest of us about freedom.

I reiterate: I'd have my standard of freedom over yours any day of the week.

I love this romantic idea that America is somehow 'freer' than other western countries because of your revolution, or because of your 2nd, or whatever. The reality is you have one of the worst political systems in the western world - a duopoly where both parties are pretty similar in a lot of ways. A place where you can vote in a judge, or state attorney general based on the size of their war chest and not their ability. Where you have more rules and regulations on the books than almost all other western nations combined. Where the NRA rules your politicians with an iron fist instead of letting true democracy take place. Where health insurers have a massive conflict of interest over how your health system is run yet get to call all the shots. Then you turn around and lecture the rest of us about freedom.

You da man!!!

Yeah. Divine Flatulance would rather live under the yoke of a big corporation that lies to him that a gun makes up for his shortcomings.

Here's the thing. You can probably go out at night in a major Australian city. An American city, not so much.

Funny I've waked around at night in many cities and never had a problem

But then again I don't live in a slum like you

Penis talk, is that all you ever talk/think about? Seems to be a personal problem with you… LOL

[
Yes big centralized government is loved by fools like you. If you think banning guns for the law abiding will lead to less gun deaths, you are a complete and utter FOOL.

Only a fool like you thinks the law abiding should be defenseless...that they have no right to protect themselves. Only the elites and criminals will have guns, in your utopia.

The consequences of liberalism are always heinous, but fools being fools, can't see it.

I'm more than confident that banning of certain guns will lead to less gun deaths. Problem is, in the US the rate of gun deaths is much higher than other first-world countries that it would take a generation for them to come down to some sort of normal level.

A confident liberal. He must be right... must be.

The homicide levels won't come down to normal levels until the issue of black communities is tackled. However, because of liberals that will be impossible as you will be labelled a racist for even bringing up the issue. Instead, it's the whites and the cops that are somehow at fault for the farce... the racist way of liberal thinking only exacerbates the issue.

No statistical link between gun ownership and homicide.

Further, I wonder what kind of weapon do you suggest we ban? All semi-automatics? That's all guns, why not just admit it?

Last edited:

2) spikes in potency

What I challenged was your statement making drugs illegal would lead to more drug deaths.

Your statement that alcohol is legal and lots of people die doesn't contradict my challenge.

Slyhunter saying that people die from illegal alcohol too, actually, doesn't contradict that either
Let's test it out and see. Legalize all drugs. $20 says the death rate goes up. ;)

2) spikes in potency

Let's test it out and see. Legalize all drugs. $20 says the death rate goes up. ;)

Sure. Just so you know, I've lost like one or two bets in my life. Ask Bodecea about that ....

Funny I've waked around at night in many cities and never had a problem

But then again I don't live in a slum like you
Joey has made his antisemitic and anti-American views very clear. Except for himself and a love of authoritarian domination over American citizens, I think he doesn't love anything or anyone.

Sure. Just so you know, I've lost like one or two bets in my life. Ask Bodecea about that ....
Great! So it's a bet. Let me know when Obama legalizes all drugs.

Just so you know, I'm hoping his last act as President is a big fuck you to the authoritarian Right by legalizing marijuana and then toking up in the Oval Office.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Let's test it out and see. Legalize all drugs. $20 says the death rate goes up.

Actually, we don't need to do that. All we have to do is look at the netherlands.

Netherlands vs United States: Crime Facts and Stats

spoiler alert- we use more drugs, have more crime, and more deaths due to drug abuse.

Joey has made his antisemitic and anti-American views very clear. Except for himself and a love of authoritarian domination over American citizens, I think he doesn't love anything or anyone.

Guy, I love my country. I just don't mistake the interests of the Zionists and Oil Companies for the interests of my countrymen.

If the Zionists get wiped out, it's their own fault for living in the middle of people who want to kill them (for good reason).

Like your previous Jew-hating posts, your multiple posts around this forum have revealed your penis envy.

Uh, pointing out you guys seem to think that a gun makes up for your shortcomings is hardly "penis envy". I don't need a gun to feel better about myself like most of you do, that's the point.

The Gun industry has sold you a lie. And like most good con-artists, the Mark (yourself) hates to admit they got scammed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back