Right wingers...regarding Orlando tragedy....you have a tough choice to make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making bombs is illegal. Why give them a legal means for mass killing?

I can make a bomb out of stuff at the hardware store, no background check required. Damn you're stupid.

And you probably need to look up how to do it. Which may alert the FBI. You also might just blow your stupid self up. Or the bomb won't go off cause you messed up. Most importantly, making bombs is illegal. You choose to legally well arm killers.

Most importantly, making bombs is illegal.

You still not grasping the subject matter here, are ya? Killing people is also "illegal", seems terrorist and criminals just don't seem to care much about the law. Evidently you regressive are no better than terrorist and criminals, you have no problem denying citizens 4 primary constitutional rights. So take your tyrannical BS and shove it, you just became a terrorist.
And you choose to make it as easy as possible to buy weapons for mass killing. The terrorists love republicans.

Hey dumb ass, if they're terrorist, take them to court, convict them and they lose their right to buy guns. See how simple it is? It's also how the Constitution says you have to do it, and short of that, the Constitution says they keep all their rights, including their right to fly.
Hey dumbass. The terrorist legally bought his weapons of mass killing and slaughtered 49 and injured over 50. Terrorists thank republicans.

You still not grasping the subject matter here, are ya? Killing people is also "illegal", seems terrorist and criminals just don't seem to care much about the law. Evidently you regressive are no better than terrorist and criminals, you have no problem denying citizens 4 primary constitutional rights. So take your tyrannical BS and shove it, you just became a terrorist.

Just know this, moron......

Your insistence to have ANYONE buy whatever gun (even weapons of war) they may want......helps you maintain your precious amendment rights AND.....also helps arm any nutcase that wants to kill you and others....It is really THAT simple,

I can make a bomb out of stuff at the hardware store, no background check required. Damn you're stupid.

And you probably need to look up how to do it. Which may alert the FBI. You also might just blow your stupid self up. Or the bomb won't go off cause you messed up. Most importantly, making bombs is illegal. You choose to legally well arm killers.

And you choose to make it as easy as possible to buy weapons for mass killing. The terrorists love republicans.

Hey dumb ass, if they're terrorist, take them to court, convict them and they lose their right to buy guns. See how simple it is? It's also how the Constitution says you have to do it, and short of that, the Constitution says they keep all their rights, including their right to fly.
Hey dumbass. The terrorist legally bought his weapons of mass killing and slaughtered 49 and injured over 50. Terrorists thank republicans.

Really, when was he convicted of terrorism? He was investigated by the FBI, they said there was no there there, so in reality a law abiding citizen bought weapons, after passing at least 4 background checks and 2 FBI investigations, I might add.

Let me ask you a simple question that even you might understand. If we start screwing over citizens, taking away their rights, while violating our laws and Constitution in the process, who wins? Us or the terrorist?

You're worried about 50 people, what about the thousands upon thousands that died to preserve our rights, are you going to shit on them and hand the terrorist a victory just because you're afraid? Your odds of dying from a fall are hundreds of times greater than dying in a terrorist attack. Now crawl back under your bed, I'm sure your daddy will protect you.

Really, when was he convicted of terrorism? He was investigated by the FBI, they said there was no there there, so in reality a law abiding citizen bought weapons, after passing at least 4 background checks and 2 FBI investigations, I might add.

Let me ask you a simple question that even you might understand. If we start screwing over citizens, taking away their rights, while violating our laws and Constitution in the process, who wins? Us or the terrorist?

You're worried about 50 people, what about the thousands upon thousands that died to preserve our rights, are you going to shit on them and hand the terrorist a victory just because you're afraid? Your odds of dying from a fall are hundreds of times greater than dying in a terrorist attack. Now crawl back under your bed, I'm sure your daddy will protect you.
All that and he still could buy a weapon for mass killing legally. Obviously we should not legally be selling weapons for mass killing.

Just know this, moron......

Your insistence to have ANYONE buy whatever gun (even weapons of war) they may want......helps you maintain your precious amendment rights AND.....also helps arm any nutcase that wants to kill you and others....It is really THAT simple,

See post #1403

All that and he still could buy a weapon for mass killing legally. Obviously we should not legally be selling weapons for mass killing.

Way more people are killed by knives than your weapons for mass killing, more than 1,500 in 2014. When do we outlaw knives?

Way more people are killed by knives than your weapons for mass killing, more than 1,500 in 2014. When do we outlaw knives?

Way more than that killed with guns with hi cap mags. What was the worst mass knifing?

Way more than that killed with guns with hi cap mags. What was the worst mass knifing?

Fuck off child, I refuse to argue with a 3 year old, you've proven over and over you zero capacity to learn and totally lack common sense. I'm done with you. Feel free to keep giving aid and comfort to our enemies. BYE

If I'm not going to be perfectly safe, why do you DEMAND I surrender my firearm that has never harmed a soul? Seems an action without a point, if I'm not going to be perfectly safe in the world you're trying to create.

If you can't guarantee my safety, then you should leave me to my own devices so I can protect myself.

Of course, you live in Australia, so you really don't know what it's like to be a citizen. You're a subject to your government and probably believe you only have the rights that government gives you.

Because I don't trust you. I don't know that one day you might come home all pissed off and decide to go postal. Why should my freedoms and rights be held hostage by people (the vast majority who are men) who get a big hard-on when they hold their peashooter in their hands.

I note you will be the third person in this thread alone who I've asked to prove how more freer you are than me. I reiterate I've got more freedoms than you'll ever have.

Your fear is no reason for me to lose my liberty. Your ignorance on this issue is obvious, but it's because you're not an American and don't understand. I'm freer than you because I'm more trustworthy than you. An example is that I have the right to own a firearm, and that right is protected by our Constitution. Australia doesn't have such freedoms, in fact you don't have a bill of rights at all. Now, "freer" is a distraction to this thread, but you asked.

Well you make a good case.....but you're omitting TWO important side issues....

First, Orlando may or may not be a terrorist issue so that your bolded section above is not altogether valid. Aurora and Sandy Hook are two cases that were not related to Islamic fanatics.

Second. with EVERY one of our rights there are substantial responsibilities......Almost all of our bill of rights have had case law to point out that the right has also limits when living in a society....However, you nutcases don't even want to entertain some curbing of the 2ns amendment (probably because the NRA and its partial funding entity...the gun manufacturers.......scare the shit out of republican (and some democrat) elected dingbat that they'll be ousted if ANY curbing of gun sales is promoted......essentially "legal" EXTORTION.)

NO ONE wants to take away gun rights......What we DO want is for weapons of war to NOT be sold to whomever wants one and has the money to get one......

Yes, the FBI may have fucked up with Mateen but you right wingers made it very easy to amass the weapons for him to do the carnage.

Well you make a good case.....but you're omitting TWO important side issues....

First, Orlando may or may not be a terrorist issue so that your bolded section above is not altogether valid. Aurora and Sandy Hook are two cases that were not related to Islamic fanatics.

Second. with EVERY one of our rights there are substantial responsibilities......Almost all of our bill of rights have had case law to point out that the right has also limits when living in a society....However, you nutcases don't even want to entertain some curbing of the 2ns amendment (probably because the NRA and its partial funding entity...the gun manufacturers.......scare the shit out of republican (and some democrat) elected dingbat that they'll be ousted if ANY curbing of gun sales is promoted......essentially "legal" EXTORTION.)

NO ONE wants to take away gun rights......What we DO want is for weapons of war to NOT be sold to whomever wants one and has the money to get one......

Yes, the FBI may have fucked up with Mateen but you right wingers made it very easy to amass the weapons for him to do the carnage.

Sounds good, but in practice it's not realistic. Prohibition NEVER works. It didn't work with alcohol, and it's not working with illegal drugs now, and it also doesn't work in countries with stricter gun laws (remember the recent shooting at the Eagles of Death Metal show?). If somebody is crazy enough to killed a massive amount of innocent people, they are going to find a way to get their hands on the weaponry to do so.

I think most people are for a REASONABLE approach. Saying that semi-automatic guns (fully automatic ARE illegal) should not be purchased by law abiding citizens who pass a background check (including mental health check), is just as reasonable as saying that there should be no checks at all.

I think you do your argument a disservice by taking a pathos approach instead of a logos one.

You're intentionally confusing the availabilty of weapons with murder. If your goal is to kill, the gas created by a gallon of ammonia and a gallon of bleach would have been even more effective and much cheaper than any gun.

Sounds good, but in practice it's not realistic. Prohibition NEVER works. It didn't work with alcohol, and it's not working with illegal drugs now, and it also doesn't work in countries with stricter gun laws (remember the recent shooting at the Eagles of Death Metal show?). If somebody is crazy enough to killed a massive amount of innocent people, they are going to find a way to get their hands on the weaponry to do so.

I think most people are for a REASONABLE approach. Saying that semi-automatic guns (fully automatic ARE illegal) should not be purchased by law abiding citizens who pass a background check (including mental health check), is just as reasonable as saying that there should be no checks at all.

Well, you're wrong on one important count........

NONE of us are stating that a criminal could not get a weapon if he is hell bent.....by stealing it, smuggling it, etc. and our purpose is to ensure 100% that such a carnage wouldn't happen. All that we are stating is that currently it is too damn fucking easy to get such a weapon (like a semi-auto) LEGALLY.

The Paris shooters had to get their weapons all the way from Turkey or Syria...having to cross about 5 or 6 borders and chancing getting caught.........In our country, NO SUCH "risks" for a maniac is present....Just walk into a gun show with some cash and.......voila'.......the maniac is armed and ready to commit an atrocity.

You're intentionally confusing the availabilty of weapons with murder. If your goal is to kill, the gas created by a gallon of ammonia and a gallon of bleach would have been even more effective and much cheaper than any gun.

Sure.....YET. somehow......Aurora, Ft. Hood, Sandy Hook, San Benardino, Columbine, VA Tech....etc., etc. etc. ALL involved guns........Go figure why maniacs are NOT taking your "advice".

all the time right.

less than 1% of all murders happen in mass shootings and fists kill more people than all rifles combined every year

If you can show me where someone slaughtered 49 people with their fists, you might be on to something.

Sure.....YET. somehow......Aurora, Ft. Hood, Sandy Hook, San Benardino, Columbine, VA Tech....etc., etc. etc. ALL involved guns........Go figure why maniacs are NOT taking your "advice".

Not all of those shooters got their guns legally.

The behavior view of the extremist behind the gun IS the real issue. Exactly what effect would gun laws have "specifically" in preventing a group of religious zealots from using commercial airliners to destroy the World Trade Center resulting in those thousands of lives being killed for their religious cause? Your pursuit of the tightest gun regulations will not stop a terrorist, nor keep guns out of their hands if they are determined in possessing them.

But here's the thing. After 9/11, we put scanners in the airports. We replaced minimum wage Rent-a-cops with a professional TSA. We put steel doors on the cockpits and air marshals on the flight. In short, after 9/11... WE DID SOMETHING.

And we haven't had another hijacking of an airliner in US Airspace since.

But we have gun massacre after gun massacre, and you guys insist up and down tighter gun laws won't do a thing, even though other countries have tight gun laws and rarely have these sorts of things happen.

Yes I'm sure the left will say how successful tighter gun regulation laws will have on keeping those firearms away from those that intend to use them to kill others. After all, we can see how successful the government has already been in keeping drugs out of the hands of our youth, right? Simply place a government ban and there is no possible way you can fathom any individual might remotely be able to get a hold of something illegal.

This is why the government already has a poor track record of enforcement, by simply making it against the law for someone to obtain it. I often wonder what makes the liberals think that those wishing to inflict harm actually are able to do so WITHIN the confines of the law. Sorry Joe, contrary to belief law abiding and criminal are never associated together, as if to say Al Capone was an honest respectful businessman of integrity in our society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back