Right wingers unrequited "love" of guns...lots of guns...

Though you have admitted that you are appealing to emotions like a demagogue.

Find a dictionary and you'd see that (maybe) that there is nothing wrong when appealing to emotions....empathy IS an appeal to emotions......The problem is when such an appeal is to encourage violence...and that is NOT what my post is about.

Implying that your ideological enemies have small dicks is hardly an exercise in EMPATHY.

And if anyone today is encouraging violence, it is not Trump, it is HIllary.

So you oppose all reasonable gun control, throughout the country, that will save lives, because you don't like the laws in one city in the country. Typical right wing logic.

Considering most of what progressives propose won't save any lives, opposing them is easy.

Are you saying that no reasonable gun restrictions will save lives?

Define a "reasonable" restriction.

Why? We've had this conversation before, and you made it clear that you consider no restriction reasonable.

1. Felons can't have guns. Reasonable
2. Instant background check at point of sale. Reasonable
3. No automatic weapons without a special permit, Reasonable.

Everything else is just fluff.

Good. That means you are for universal background checks.

Some of us are already dealing with "reasonable" gun control. If what NYC is doing to me is considered "reasonable", then no wonder gun rights people don't trust gun controllers as far as they can throw them.

Work on getting me MY rights back, then we can talk about other regulations.

Again,you want to hold off on all reasonable restrictions because you are pouting over local laws that you don't like in one town.

No, its because the law in question is the end game for must gun control idiots.

And who told you that? Obviously you are pouting because of laws in one town, so you don't think those same laws would have been enacted by now in other towns if that was the ultimate goal?

It's obvious to anyone who doesn't wear the progressive blinders over their eyes.

NYC wants to ban guns, they went de facto instead of de jure, but the end result is the same.

Not. One. Step. back.

Again. One town.

So if Mississippi wanted to charge a $1000 fee and impose a 3 week waiting period on abortions, I guess you would be OK with that. After all, its only "one state".

I shoot with six other guys. 3 are voting Hillary 1 Bernie the test trump. The Hillary guy owns 70 fire arms, one of which is a belt fed MG40 and 4 that are suppressed. He is also a CCW. I only own 3, one of which is under construction. Not just "right wing" nut jobs with tiny weiners who own guns. Hell, José Biden even brags about owning guns. Banner was profilin' with a gat in his early days, then we had slick Willy strutting betwixt two red necks proudly holding a duck he murdered back in the day and Mike Dukakis was causing in a tank! Democrats are just as into the 2nd. They either believe guns are only for rich people or they feel they have no worries when it comes to all the hoops we have to jump through.

You are aware that the 3/5ths rule, as opposed to counting them as "Full people" was a move by the abolitionists to limit the power of the Slave States with an eye to eventually ending slavery?

FULLY aware of that....But my point, was and is (if you bothered to apply some objectivity) is that our Constitution is NOT a stagnant document and that the very fact that we have "amendments" proves that changes can and should be made......and the very poorly written 2nd amendment is a case in point.

How about you left wingers not worry about my guns? As long as no one tries to break into my home threaten me or my family they have nothing to fear about my gun no matter what their race, gender, or political affiliation.

I'm a left winger,and I'm not the least bit concerned about your guns if that is the way you use them. Unfortunately, lots of gun nuts want to prance around in public armed to the teeth 24/7. You can't tell me that somebody with a Rambo attitude, just hoping for a chance to shoot somebody, and carrying their own personal armory isn't endangering the public.
The ones who want that are a small minority of gun owners and open carry is something I don't support I don't speak for all gun owners but I suspect most feel the same about open carry.

I agree. The majority of Americans are in favor of reasonable gun control. Unfortunately, the NRA, who was once focused on gun safety, abandoned their reasonable goals and became nothing more than the sales wing for gun manufacturers. They push fear of a race war, or a civil war, or the fear of gun confiscation, or any number of other things that aren't going to happen as reason to end all restrictions on guns. The NRA bought our politicians.
I think you give the NRA more power than it really has nor do I feel they have the power to block any truly reasonable gun safety measures. The stuff I see put foreword are usually just feel good things that won't accomplish anything other than letting politicians check gun control off their to do list.

The large majority of gun owners were for universal background checks, yet the NRA owned politicians blocked that. Why do you think that happened?

Considering most of what progressives propose won't save any lives, opposing them is easy.

Why? We've had this conversation before, and you made it clear that you consider no restriction reasonable.

How do you get by what we have now? NICS is pretty universal.

Point of sale background checks. Not "if I hand someone my gun at the rifle range to try I break a background check law" background checks.

And if the government wants people who want to trade guns privately to do a background check, the government should pay for it.

How about you left wingers not worry about my guns? As long as no one tries to break into my home threaten me or my family they have nothing to fear about my gun no matter what their race, gender, or political affiliation.

I'm a left winger,and I'm not the least bit concerned about your guns if that is the way you use them. Unfortunately, lots of gun nuts want to prance around in public armed to the teeth 24/7. You can't tell me that somebody with a Rambo attitude, just hoping for a chance to shoot somebody, and carrying their own personal armory isn't endangering the public.
The ones who want that are a small minority of gun owners and open carry is something I don't support I don't speak for all gun owners but I suspect most feel the same about open carry.

I agree. The majority of Americans are in favor of reasonable gun control. Unfortunately, the NRA, who was once focused on gun safety, abandoned their reasonable goals and became nothing more than the sales wing for gun manufacturers. They push fear of a race war, or a civil war, or the fear of gun confiscation, or any number of other things that aren't going to happen as reason to end all restrictions on guns. The NRA bought our politicians.
I think you give the NRA more power than it really has nor do I feel they have the power to block any truly reasonable gun safety measures. The stuff I see put foreword are usually just feel good things that won't accomplish anything other than letting politicians check gun control off their to do list.

The large majority of gun owners were for universal background checks, yet the NRA owned politicians blocked that. Why do you think that happened?

So, you agree with my analogy of right wingers' "logic".......i.e., Having more cars prevents car accidents, as having nor guns "prevents" gun killings......makes sense?

No I don't. What an armed population does is give some criminals pause before they try to rob someone or invade someone's home. You will never stop the mad dog killers, but the chance of being shot by the victim probably makes some people think twice.

You are aware that the 3/5ths rule, as opposed to counting them as "Full people" was a move by the abolitionists to limit the power of the Slave States with an eye to eventually ending slavery?

FULLY aware of that....But my point, was and is (if you bothered to apply some objectivity) is that our Constitution is NOT a stagnant document and that the very fact that we have "amendments" proves that changes can and should be made......and the very poorly written 2nd amendment is a case in point.

Then get it repealed. If not, go pound sand.

And it is very well written, if you aren't a mouth breathing twat-waddle with an agenda.

The majority of Americans are in favor of reasonable gun control.

Was the DC and Chicago gun ban reasonable? Did it work?

There are lots of laws that have been struck down. Anything unreasonable will meet the same fate. Big deal.

Stagnate?

Oh, so you want to play games with it without going though the proper procedures.

Why didn't you say so?

Oh, right. THat would be honest.

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are the basis for much of what you love about modern liberal society and Human RIghts.

They are quite worthy of respect.

So if Mississippi wanted to charge a $1000 fee and impose a 3 week waiting period on abortions, I guess you would be OK with that. After all, its only "one state".

Stupid example.......The right to abort a fetus boils down to what someone wishes to do with HER OWN BODY....Proliferation of guns boils down with what someone wishes to do with SOMEONE ELSE's BODY.

Perhaps the most controversial topic on these forums, is this love of guns by right wingers who must be walking around perpetually scared....or just compensating for you know what.

No other nation on earth that is not currently involved in an all-out civil war, experiences the gun violence and carnage as does the U.S.......and ANY attempt to curb the sale of more guns is met by vociferous and incessant whining by the gun slingers.....Never mind that somewhat cooler heads within the RNC have banned guns from their upcoming convention, using the somewhat lame excuse that the secret service (a part of the federal government that they so much hate) does not allow them to come to the convention armed to the teeth.

Follow their "logic" for a moment. Most of them repeatedly state that having MORE guns actually equals LESS killings or gun injuries.......That kind of reasoning is the equivalent to stating that having MORE cars on the highways equals LESS car accidents.......A cognitive failure worthy of a rather "slow" 7 year old.
has something to do with their little hands and very short fingers

The ones that are perpetually scared are the people that start retarded threads like this one.my guns are of no threat to you and none of your business.

The majority of Americans are in favor of reasonable gun control.

Was the DC and Chicago gun ban reasonable? Did it work?

There are lots of laws that have been struck down. Anything unreasonable will meet the same fate. Big deal.

So it wasn't reasonable and didn't work?

Then get it repealed. If not, go pound sand.

And it is very well written, if you aren't a mouth breathing twat-waddle with an agenda.

Calm down.........Do you not find a bit of a problem with the 2nd amendment stating a "well-regulated militia"?

Some of us are already dealing with "reasonable" gun control. If what NYC is doing to me is considered "reasonable", then no wonder gun rights people don't trust gun controllers as far as they can throw them.

Work on getting me MY rights back, then we can talk about other regulations.

Again,you want to hold off on all reasonable restrictions because you are pouting over local laws that you don't like in one town.

We currently have 20000 gun laws on the books are you saying that none of them have reasonably restricted gun ownership?

Are those all federal gun laws, or total federal, state and local laws combined? I would suspect many are duplicates or just refinement of earlier laws. Yes, many of them would be reasonable restrictions, and some of them could be bad law. That doesn't mean no other reasonable laws could be enacted.

Forum List

Back