Right-Wingers: What's different about Syria?

With Iraq, conservatives couldn’t wait to go to war, in support of a republican president. Conservatives accused those opposed to invading Iraq as being ‘un-American,’ ‘weak on terror,’ ‘terrorist sympathizers,’ and ‘anti-troop.’

Now, all of a sudden, with a democrat in the WH, conservatives are ‘opposed to “war.”’

The fact is conservatives oppose a military strike against Syria solely for partisan reasons, only because Obama support a strike, having nothing to do with the merits and facts of such a military action.

With Syria, conservatives are exhibiting the epitome of partisan hypocrisy.

Fuck you.

Really truly fuck you. Both parties bought in you cock sucker.

Show me different on the Iraq vote or drive your own asshole.

NOW. bitch. Do it. Show me the vote against Iraq. Or fuck off forever.
I already did. Totally lopsided vote.

With Iraq, conservatives couldn’t wait to go to war, in support of a republican president. Conservatives accused those opposed to invading Iraq as being ‘un-American,’ ‘weak on terror,’ ‘terrorist sympathizers,’ and ‘anti-troop.’

Now, all of a sudden, with a democrat in the WH, conservatives are ‘opposed to “war.”’

The fact is conservatives oppose a military strike against Syria solely for partisan reasons, only because Obama support a strike, having nothing to do with the merits and facts of such a military action.

With Syria, conservatives are exhibiting the epitome of partisan hypocrisy.

Or maybe invading and defeating Saddam and then routing Al Qaeda was removing two threats while attacking Assad is supporting Al Qaeda.

Now the liberals supporting this war? Well that's just comical and down right sad.

False.

What is the difference in rationale between Iraq and Syria?

• Dictator/Tyrant has WMD capability
  • Fight them there so we don't have to fight them here
  • Danger to Israel
  • De-stabilize ME

Right-Wing refusal to back strikes proves that Iraq really was only about controlling the oil.

That is an idiotic assessment.

Was Syria shooting at our planes in the Syrian "no-fly zone"?

:cool:
Was that Bush's rationale? No.

And there was never any chance of Saddam shooting down any of our no-fly jets. NONE.

We shouldn't be on either side.

Has nothing to do with punishing Assad for using CW.

By punishing Assad in any action that would actually hut him you are giving a victory to Al Quaede...... Are you that blinded by Obama?

Yes.

President Obama wants to further his Arab Spring Debacle by extending it to Syria. He wants to do this because he wants his Al-Qaida allied, pro-radical jihadist, anti-American, Shariah Law or death, Christian persecuting, Muslim Brotherhood Sunni friends in control of the Middle East.

Instead of the Shia (Iran). Who now have Iraq and Syria with the road to Damascus intact.

Al quaeda has been losing in Syria. Terrorists need help before they lose so they can move on to Jordan.

Wassup, Synth?

Threw in the towel when you realized there's no measurable difference between Bush and Obama?

If there are no measurable differences between Bush and Obama, why have Republicans been obstructing everything Obama wants to do, instead of falling in line like they did for Bush?

A-HA!!! :lol:

If you are correct, it's proves Liberals correct that it's not about the policy (GOP was FOR stimulus [2002] before they were AGAINST stimulus [2009], etc.), but because it's a Democratic POTUS (and Black, too!)

Difference between Bush and Obama?

I didn't vote for Bush in his 2nd term
You already did the damage, voting for him in 2000.

Hold the table steady. You have to remember that Putin is the best poker player on the planet.
And that's the other part that I am pissed about. I am rooting for a known Communist KGB acolyte from the Cold War...that I want to see call Obama's BLUFF.

MY the Tables turn...
That's why you are a piece of shit. You root against your own country.
Nonsense. Can you read? I am directly addressing this Administration...specifically Obama...I served this nation you boob, I am not wrecking it as Obama is and YOU cheer him on. I don't like the position Obama has put us all in.

You may go to the end of the line asswipe.

What's different about Syria is that the left's little tin pussy god wants to go to war there and they want to suck him off to pump him up about it! That's ALL that is different.

• Danger to Israel
  • De-stabilize ME

Right-Wing refusal to back strikes proves that Iraq really was only about controlling the oil.

Freedom-loving Republican President waging war in MidEast = good

Communist Muslim Kenyan usurper waging war in MidEast = bad

D'uh!
Once again, it takes a Canadian to distill the argument to it's basic truths.

• Danger to Israel
  • De-stabilize ME

The difference is that we have a Democratic President. If a Republican was in the White House the Republicans would be beating the drums for war.

Republicans oppose everything Obama does. They want everything he does to fail.
Yup! It's always Party Before Country for Republicans.

And that's the other part that I am pissed about. I am rooting for a known Communist KGB acolyte from the Cold War...that I want to see call Obama's BLUFF.

MY the Tables turn...
That's why you are a piece of shit. You root against your own country.
Nonsense. Can you read? I am directly addressing this Administration...specifically Obama...I served this nation you boob, I am not wrecking it as Obama is and YOU cheer him on. I don't like the position Obama has put us all in.

You may go to the end of the line asswipe.

What is the fucking difference between Bush II and Obama?

• Danger to Israel
  • De-stabilize ME

The difference is that we have a Democratic President. If a Republican was in the White House the Republicans would be beating the drums for war.

Republicans oppose everything Obama does. They want everything he does to fail.
Yup! It's always Party Before Country for Republicans.

So I'll ask again, Why is it going to be OK for a Democratic President to KILL THE CHILDREN in a pre-emptive strike?

Agreed. There are no good guys in Syria. I opposed Iraq, but at least they did have a shot with the Shiites of having a non-terrorist sponsoring government. In Syria, Assad is probably less bad than the opposition.

I don't see how it made sense for Assad to use chemical weapons either. He has plenty of conventional ones and chemical as WMDs would have a far higher chance of this sort of backlash. On the other hand, the rebels have both the means (Iran) and motivation to use them.

Call me crazy, but I don't trust John Kerry we have proof. Sorry.

Assad wouldn't use CW without approval or direction from Teheran.

Maybe Iran wanted this as a trial balloon. Maybe they want to use CW against us if we attack them, and be able to claim it's perfectly legit. They see a Republican Party that opposes everything Obama wants. It would be easy to guess that they would oppose him on this, also.

If 23 murdered 5 year-olds in Newtown couldn't get them to compromise with Obama, why would this? Especially since there is no oil involved.

That has got to be one of the stupidest posts from Synthia yet....

Whether it's WMDs or murdered children, nothing can get Republicans act like Americans.

• Danger to Israel
  • De-stabilize ME

Why don't you list all the reasons for Iraq. There were 23 of them.

See: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-107publ243/pdf/PLAW-107publ243.pdf

I particularly want to point out these two;

'Whereas the current Iraqi regime has demonstrated its continuing
hostility toward, and willingness to attack, the United States,
including by attempting in 1993 to assassinate former President
Bush and by firing on many thousands of occasions on United
States and Coalition Armed Forces engaged in enforcing the
resolutions of the United Nations Security Council;

Whereas members of al Qaida, an organization bearing responsibility
for attacks on the United States, its citizens, and interests,
including the attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, are
known to be in Iraq;

Doesn't it seem a bit silly to compare Iraq to Syria when we were going into Iraq to fight Al Queda, and we would be aiding and abetting them in Syria?

The RED turned out to be a lie.

That is, until we invaded and overthrew Saddam.

* UN inspectors report completed
- Bush: Yes
- Obama: No

* UN Security Council Authorization

* Coalition of the Willing

* Authorization from Congress

* Goal of Regime Change:

You are not answering my question, Sherry.

Why aren't RW-ers supporting a strike on Syria?

Obviously, they supported striking Iraq, otherwise Congressional Republicans wouldn't have authorized it.

If the UN inspector reports say that Assad used gas, will you support a strike?

She DID answer you question, but you refused to accept it.

I'll add to it. Iraq invaded one of our allies (Kuwait). We mobilized an incredible coalition and kicked their a$$es back to Iraq. That is what America IS, and that is what we SHOULD DO. We only stopped kicking their a$$es when Hussein capitulated. Part of his capitulation was that he promised to let UN weapons inspectors have free reign. This was part of us stopping the military action.

Wrong Iraq War, dumbass.

Both the liberals and the neocons support military action in Syria and all the leftys see is the GOP. I would call them blind liberals but that would be redundant.

Embarrassingly wrong. Liberals do not support a strike. The Liberal argument is made strongest by Rep. Alan Grayson and his website: Tell Congress: Don?t Attack Syria

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvY8b4qZabY"]Grayson tells White House: Don't Attack Syria - YouTube[/ame]

Grayson has taken over from Kucinich as the Ron Paul of the Democrats. But don't try to bullshit us - he doesn't represent the Democratic norm in Congress. Most of them are perfectly content with the welfare/warfare status quo.

No, dumbass - he represents the Liberal norm in Congress.

Which is what we were discussing.

look at the welcher deflecting again. You going to change your name again Princess? Run off again?
I bet you will

He'll take that bet!

Then he'll welsh on it.

As you know, I never welshed on the bet. I don't welsh. Period.

Anyway, your pathetic attempt to deflect is very much like Princess Ball-less' effort.

Do you give lil' miss ball-less a good salad tossing when you go down on that pathetic piece of shit, too?
I notice that you skipped all my substantive questions to you in order to answer this.

Go sit down and STFU.

Forum List

Back