Rightwingers, of whom I'm one, let the gay shit go

quoting the United Nations......? that doesn't fly in America....:eusa_hand:

Yeah...human rights suck, right?

if you don't like American rights then just move to a country that has more humane rights......if you can find one....:eusa_boohoo:

That's not how it works in America. If you don't like something, you try and change it. But, it seems you're the one that is unhappy with American laws, why your party has to set up something in their platform to preclude something that isn't even happening.....yes, we know, GOP politicians seem to like chasing rabbits.

So, you move.....Somalia has no government, would be paradise for you who like smaller or no government.

I remember years ago, people like you arguing that no states would accept gay marriage....then, no state would except gay marriage except thru "activist courts"...then, the majority of people are against gay marriage. How's that working out for you?

its still true today, a majority of americans are opposed to gay marriage. the voters of california spoke twice and then some judge overruled the will of the people.
You have any evidence to support the part I bolded? From what I see, here are the latest polls ...

• "Do you support or oppose allowing same-sex couples to get married?"
    • Support: 55%
    • Oppose: 36%
    • Unsure: 9%

Bloomberg National Poll conducted by Selzer & Company. Sept. 20-23, 2013. N=1,000 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 3.1.

• "Do you think it should be legal or not legal for same-sex couples to marry?"
    • Legal: 55%
    • Not legal: 39%
    • Unsure: 6%

CBS News Poll. July 18-22, 2013. N=1,036 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 3

• "Do you think marriages between same-sex couples should or should not be recognized by the law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages?"
    • Should: 54%
    • Should not: 43%
    • Unsure: 3%

Gallup Poll. July 10-14, 2013. Adults nationwide.
    N=972 (Form A), margin of error ± 4

Quinnipiac University: 49%/44%
USA Today: 55%/40%
Pew Research Center: 45%/40%
ABC News/Washington Post: 56%/41%
CNN/ORC: 55%/44%

Civil Rights

There is not one poll which indicates what you claim, that a majority of Americans are against gay marriage.

Not one.

Now while I noticed most of those polls date back as much as 6 months ago, they appear to be the most current.

find me a poll that asks this question: Do you favor civil unions or marriages for gays?

its still true today, a majority of americans are opposed to gay marriage. the voters of california spoke twice and then some judge overruled the will of the people.

Nope...not true anymore. :D

pay me to do a poll and I will find 1000 people to vote the way you want to get the polling result you want.

The VOTERS of the liberal state of CA voted against gay marriage twice.

first time by 22%...second time only a few years later by 3%....do you understand trends?

You have any evidence to support the part I bolded? From what I see, here are the latest polls ...

Bloomberg National Poll conducted by Selzer & Company. Sept. 20-23, 2013. N=1,000 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 3.1.

• "Do you think marriages between same-sex couples should or should not be recognized by the law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages?"

Civil Rights

There is not one poll which indicates what you claim, that a majority of Americans are against gay marriage.

Not one.

Now while I noticed most of those polls date back as much as 6 months ago, they appear to be the most current.

find me a poll that asks this question: Do you favor civil unions or marriages for gays?

It's all about the word for you isn't it Fishy? Why not Civil Unions for everyone Fishy?

Civil Rights

Not one.

It's all about the word for you isn't it Fishy? Why not Civil Unions for everyone Fishy?

a man/woman marriage is a civil union in the eyes of the states and the federal government. The word marriage comes from most religions and denotes a religious sanction of the man/woman union and commitment.

I really wish you would be honest about your agenda, its not about equality and fairness and acceptance----------------its all about you gays insisting on having your hook up called a marriage----------but its not and never will be.

pay me to do a poll and I will find 1000 people to vote the way you want to get the polling result you want.

first time by 22%...second time only a few years later by 3%....do you understand trends?

sure, I understand trends. Someday the country will probably completly lose its moral compass and allow all forms of human coupling as marriages. It the majority want a civilization where anything goes, fine. But lets decide these things by voting, not by some pompous asshole judge with an agenda (either way).

This whole gay debate comes down to a very simple question:

Do we as a society believe that being homosexual is a normal human condition?

sure, I understand trends. Someday the country will probably completly lose its moral compass and allow all forms of human coupling as marriages. It the majority want a civilization where anything goes, fine. But lets decide these things by voting, not by some pompous asshole judge with an agenda (either way).
So...you don't think we should have Judicial Review.

Look--what it is that bothers most people is the use of the "word" marriage which is also indicates husband and wife. Husband being the male and wife being the female. This is centuries old--and it's very difficult to now separate those words.

While I feel that gays have every right afforded to them under the U.S. Constitution like everyone else--I believe it's the use of the word "marriage" for a gay couple that can drive people nuts.

When gays tried to bring the issue back up for a vote in California, they could not get enough signatures to qualify.

Look--what it is that bothers most people is the use of the "word" marriage which is also indicates husband and wife. Husband being the male and wife being the female. This is centuries old--and it's very difficult to now separate those words.

While I feel that gays have every right afforded to them under the U.S. Constitution like everyone else--I believe it's the use of the word "marriage" for a gay couple that can drive people nuts.

I agree, and the gays will persist in this because their real agenda is not equality under the law-------their real agenda is forcing the majority to accept their union as a marriage.

It may work, and society will suffer if it does.

I agree, and the gays will persist in this because their real agenda is not equality under the law-------their real agenda is forcing the majority to accept their union as a marriage.

So...I don't accept your union as a marriage. But we're still equal, right?

So...you don't think we should have Judicial Review.

as I said, right and wrong should be determined by a society as a whole. not some lawyer in a black robe.

we have always been equal in the eyes of the law, but in other ways, probably not. :cool:

we have always been equal in the eyes of the law, but in other ways, probably not. :cool:

Yes...but I still do not accept your union as a marriage. That's totally cool.

Civil Rights

Not one.

see my post #1100. Polls are designed to influence public opinion, not to report on it.
Relying on public sentiment from 5 years ago is pretty useless. And polls, for whatever reason you think, statistically mirror public sentiment within a margin of error. How they're used is irrelevant and has nothing to do with how they're taken.

Forum List

Back