Rightwingers, of whom I'm one, let the gay shit go

sure, I understand trends. Someday the country will probably completly lose its moral compass and allow all forms of human coupling as marriages. It the majority want a civilization where anything goes, fine. But lets decide these things by voting, not by some pompous asshole judge with an agenda (either way).
So...you don't think we should have Judicial Review.

as I said, right and wrong should be determined by a society as a whole. not some lawyer in a black robe.
You should live in a country other than America then, since here, the black robed folks are the ones designated to determine which laws are constitutional or not.

as I said, right and wrong should be determined by a society as a whole. not some lawyer in a black robe.
You should live in a country other than America then, since here, the black robed folks are the ones designated to determine which laws are constitutional or not.

I don't think Redfish is aware of the purposes of our Federal Judiciary. Must be from another country.

Yes, but our laws are made by majority vote. the constituion was ratified by majority vote, the congress makes laws by majority vote, we select our representatives by majority vote.

the judicial branch exists to enforce the laws that WE make, not to make their own, or to interpret those which have been made.

When judges begin to "interpret" thats when the trouble starts.

its still true today, a majority of americans are opposed to gay marriage. the voters of california spoke twice and then some judge overruled the will of the people.

Nope...not true anymore. :D

pay me to do a poll and I will find 1000 people to vote the way you want to get the polling result you want.

The VOTERS of the liberal state of CA voted against gay marriage twice.

You may be unscrupulous enough to rig a poll in exchange for payment, but you have no evidence the pollsters listed earlier are. You're also stuck with the reality that every single poll shows a majority of Americans is now in favor of gay marriage being available.

Every single one. Meanwhile, you remain empty-handed when it comes to proving your statement that a majority of Americans are against it. There is simply no proof of that; and you saying it simply doesn't make it suddenly become true.

So...I don't accept your union as a marriage. But we're still equal, right?

we have always been equal in the eyes of the law, but in other ways, probably not. :cool:

Yes...but I still do not accept your union as a marriage. That's totally cool.

I really don't care---my church, my state, and my country accept it as a marriage. The opinion of one gay person means nothing.

pay me to do a poll and I will find 1000 people to vote the way you want to get the polling result you want.

You may be unscrupulous enough to rig a poll in exchange for payment, but you have no evidence the pollsters listed earlier are. You're also stuck with the reality that every single poll shows a majority of Americans is now in favor of gay marriage being available.

Every single one. Meanwhile, you remain empty-handed when it comes to proving your statement that a majority of Americans are against it. There is simply no proof of that; and you saying it simply doesn't make it suddenly become true.

:lol: do you think that the DNC, RNC, and the media do not rig polls? really?

Yes, but our laws are made by majority vote. the constituion was ratified by majority vote, the congress makes laws by majority vote, we select our representatives by majority vote.

the judicial branch exists to enforce the laws that WE make, not to make their own, or to interpret those which have been made.

You couldn't be more wrong. Interpreting the Constitution is a function of the Judicial branch.

Exactly who is it you think is supposed to interpret the Constitution in gray areas if not the Judicial branch?

I think that what you will find is that a majority favor equal rights for gays, and I am one of those.

I do not think you will find anything that says that a majority want their kids to be taught that they can be gay or straight and that its equally acceptable to society.

You couldn't be more wrong. Interpreting the Constitution is a function of the Judicial branch.

Exactly who is it you think is supposed to interpret the Constitution in gray areas if not the Judicial branch?

there are no gray areas in the constitution, it is literally crystal clear. The founders drafted a marvelous document, there are no gray areas except in the minds of those who choose to ignore parts of it.

:lol: do you think that the DNC, RNC, and the media do not rig polls? really?

Try paying attention ... I said, "you have no evidence the pollsters listed earlier are [unscrupulous enough to rig a poll in exchange for payment]"

If I'm wrong, post your evidence ... if you can't, you're admitting I'm right. One thing which escapes you is that pollsters are in business to make money and all they have to sell is their credibility and accuracy. If they lose either one of those, they are out of business. Any pollster caught rigging a poll would lose all credibility and such polls would be inaccurate, meaning no pollster rigging polls remains in business for long.

But still, I await your evidence that any of the polls I posted earlier were rigged ... g'head, make my day. :cool:

I think that what you will find is that a majority favor equal rights for gays, and I am one of those.

I do not think you will find anything that says that a majority want their kids to be taught that they can be gay or straight and that its equally acceptable to society.

And of course, that wasn't the question asked in the polls.

And of course, that's not what you said earlier. Earlier, you said, "a majority of americans are opposed to gay marriage."

And of course, you simply have no evidence to support that in the face of every single poll indicating otherwise.

:cuckoo:

there are no gray areas in the constitution, it is literally crystal clear. The founders drafted a marvelous document, there are no gray areas except in the minds of those who choose to ignore parts of it.

You would have been a wonderful Jeffersonian and Jackson democrat, Redfish.

Oh? Do gays have the Constitutional right to marry each other? The Constitution forbids discriminating based on gender and Gay people are denied the right, in most states, to marry the person of their choice for no reason other than gender.

That seems pretty gray to me.

People say being gay doesn't hurt anyone or anything... just ask those many people who were forced to serve them against their will and beliefs. Tell me then who it hurts. Ask them, "How tolerant are they to your beliefs?"

Frankly, homosexuals want acceptance, tolerance and understanding, but in some cases are unwilling to return it when the requirement is met. I see some maliciousness and spite being perpetrated in the gay community, I know because I was the victim of it not long ago.

People say being gay doesn't hurt anyone or anything... just ask those many people who were forced to serve them against their will and beliefs. Tell me then who it hurts. Ask them, "How tolerant are they to your beliefs?"

What do you mean by "serve them"?

Frankly, homosexuals want acceptance, tolerance and understanding, but in some cases are unwilling to return it when the requirement is met. I see some maliciousness and spite being perpetrated in the gay community, I know because I was the victim of it not long ago.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Gays are given a lot of shit from the general population from all angles (from parents holding onto old norms, from their churches, from their government officials, from their peers), and many were bullied pretty damn harshly growing up (I've witnessed this first hand). Perhaps some of the maliciousness you've experienced was a reaction to this. I'm just saying, there's two sides to every story.

Last edited:
find me a poll that asks this question: Do you favor civil unions or marriages for gays?

It's all about the word for you isn't it Fishy? Why not Civil Unions for everyone Fishy?

a man/woman marriage is a civil union in the eyes of the states and the federal government. The word marriage comes from most religions and denotes a religious sanction of the man/woman union and commitment.

I really wish you would be honest about your agenda, its not about equality and fairness and acceptance----------------its all about you gays insisting on having your hook up called a marriage----------but its not and never will be.

Except I'm the one willing to change the name, you aren't. I don't care if it's called cabbage soup...as long as it's the same.

Look--what it is that bothers most people is the use of the "word" marriage which is also indicates husband and wife. Husband being the male and wife being the female. This is centuries old--and it's very difficult to now separate those words.

While I feel that gays have every right afforded to them under the U.S. Constitution like everyone else--I believe it's the use of the word "marriage" for a gay couple that can drive people nuts.

So change it..,for everyone. Leave "marriage" to religious institutions and make civil unions for all.

People once felt the same about blacks marrying whites.

So repeal ALL public accommodation laws, but don't whine because they apply to gays as well as other minorities.

Homosexuals have a tendency to be pedophiles.

And for that reason I would never let any of my children be around a known homo. .... :cool:

Men have a tendency to be pedophiles.

Specifically Gay Men...

They used to March with your Kind until you all got caught at the World Conference on Disease and Population in 1994...

You never answered my question...

Did you March in Gay Pride Marches in SoCal in the 70s and 80s?...

:)

peace...

Oh? Do gays have the Constitutional right to marry each other? The Constitution forbids discriminating based on gender and Gay people are denied the right, in most states, to marry the person of their choice for no reason other than gender.

That seems pretty gray to me.

there is no prohibition of civil unions between two adults of the same sex, but thats not good enough for them, they have to destroy a centuries old definition of marriage.

Forum List

Back