Riots in the streets of Istanbul, as Dictator implements Muslim law.

Does this mean that Turkey has an Islamist Government?

-Jeri

It means the present dick tater is trying to impose Sharia law on a secular government.

Yup, the muslims aren't trying to assimilate into Turkey or even western Europe, they are trying to shove their sharia law wherever they are. They want the rest of the world to assimilate to their beliefs and it seems they aren't going to be satified until that occurs.

If that were happening, these protests wouldn't exist; they'd be demonstrations of support. Theocracy is what they're resisting. WillowTree was correct.

It means the present dick tater is trying to impose Sharia law on a secular government.

Yup, the muslims aren't trying to assimilate into Turkey or even western Europe, they are trying to shove their sharia law wherever they are. They want the rest of the world to assimilate to their beliefs and it seems they aren't going to be satified until that occurs.

If that were happening, these protests wouldn't exist; they'd be demonstrations of support. Theocracy is what they're resisting. WillowTree was correct.

Is there enough strength within the freedom movement to beat the Theocracical aliments?

You realize Turkey is a Muslim majority country yeah?

You realize that they're trying to force sharia law down turkey's throat right now? I'm really hoping the anti-sharia aliments can win out.

You realize that they're trying to force sharia law down turkey's throat right now? I'm really hoping the anti-sharia aliments can win out.

That's exactly my point to Meister; the people of Turkey --almost entirely Muslims-- are resisting, not advocating, this trend to the religious state.

By the way, any luck yet on finding a link to these liberals who are "defending" Erdogan?

Is there enough strength within the freedom movement to beat the Theocracical aliments?

You might want to take another look at the CBS News video in the OP. Here it is. Massive protests across Turkey; over 900 arrested - CBS News Video

You might want to take another look at the CBS News video in the OP. Here it is. Massive protests across Turkey; over 900 arrested - CBS News Video

What what exactly do you want the takeaway here to be, because so far your comments don't really match up well in terms of your sources.

Also: your link leads to nothing.

Got curious from your post about religion in Turkey. Wiki says Demographics of Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia the population is 99.8% Muslim, (Sunni), and .02% Other, (mainly Christian). So, what is going on in Turkey is basically a question between conservative Muslims and open-minded Muslims. I am not sure why this surprises me, but it does.

turkey_map_02.jpg

Did not realize until I saw this map, Turkey is in the middle of a political hotbed,
surrounded by Syria, Iraq, Iran, and Georgia.

Last edited:

You're right.....but, do they embrace sharia law as a population?

Well, obviously not.

You might want to take another look at the CBS News video in the OP. Here it is.Massive protests across Turkey; over 900 arrested - CBS News Video

What what exactly do you want the takeaway here to be, because so far your comments don't really match up well in terms of your sources.

Also: your link leads to nothing.

Don't know if you are addressing me or not.

Here is the CBS News link in the OP that did not come through. Massive protests across Turkey; over 900 arrested - CBS News Video

All I care about is that Americans realize that if you give Muslims their way, they would bring conservative Muslim law to the United States. They are fully capable of manipulating the democratic political system to take power as we have seen in Turkey and Egypt. The next thing we know, you can no longer drink a Martini in my favorite beach bar. Americans will not give up their lifestyle to turn the clock back to some antiquated, third world order. Not on my watch.

barnet-couple-cocktails-beach-bar-16062011.jpg

Amazing-- any time anyone leaves a post, Belchboy comes in, deletes his own last post and moves it forward so it's on top.

Pathetic, isn't it?

Well, obviously not.

That was my point.

...oh :confused:

Well sorry but the way you worded it it looked like you were saying the exact opposite:

:dunno:

Got curious about this too. Islam in Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apparently there is an evolution of ideas going on here that dates back to the 1950s. Conservative Muslimism comes and goes. It appears from this article the universities have carved out a position of open-mindedness to be dealt with. It would appear that Turkey universities are at the center of a social movement that the government can not control. One of the issues is the dictator wants to control such matters as alcohol use. Even after reading Wiki, Turkey looks like a complex political system as diverse as the United States. Here is a list of Turkey's leading universities. They look WESTERN to me. List of Universities in Turkey

68633_374663612650033_88660225_n.jpg

Koc University, Istanbul. Turkish universities have over 18,000 international students.
Why do I get the impression that European and American students are heavily involved here?​

The main reason I'm so against muslims moving into our country is as I don't want to deal with this shit. Understand? We have enough to deal with ourselves.

True. We have our own legislators trying to force religion down our throats.

We don't need anymore religious extremist of any religion.

:clap2:

Bingo. Our threat, as always, is not this religion or that religion; it's the idea of theocracy.

If you can find a way to get that into Belchboy's head, you get a gold star.

Forum List

Back