RNC keeps racist pics on Facebook for nearly a week

Differences I see in the two events:

1. RNC-one person acting alone. DNC-approved by the organization.
2. RNC-removed in five days. DNC-Still there.
3. RNC-disrepects a group. DNC-disrepects patriots and military.

What is the same:

1. Meant to support hate.
2. The group in the wrong tries to see no wrong.
3. Excuses.

see that is what i don't get, but i am german, and germans have a certain history with national symbols, i see them as a net negative.

why is smearing a flag disrespecting the military?

the metaphor is clear: certain methods of opposition to health care reform and the current state of health care situation smears america symbolized by the flag, according to the vid author.

What is the same:

3. Excuses.

see that is what i don't get, but i am german, and germans have a certain history with national symbols, i see them as a net negative.

the metaphor is clear: certain methods of opposition to health care reform and the current state of health care situation smears america symbolized by the flag, according to the vid author.

The Flag-Folding Ceremony

In the US the flag is important, because of it's history and meaning. Many countries inherited their flags ... usually from controlling regimes many centuries ago, but ours we took time to look at it, time to design it to show exactly what our country stands for. Each color, the stripes, and the stars mean something to us. It's not just a symbol of our country, but a symbol of what our country stands and exists for.

What is the same:

3. Excuses.

thanks, i already spent some time on that site to learn if a painting of a flag on a wall counts as a flag. what was clear, is that the flag code is violated every fucking day in american life, at the start of every football game, where a flag is displayed horizontally, when it is worn, stepped on, signed, not taken in at night, or not properly illuminated at night. not replaced when dirty or torn, thrown into the garbage instead of retired following the rules, etc.

this is selective outrage. and my question why you specially included the military after already mentioning patriots was not answered. every citizen can do the flag folding ceremony with their own flag, or am i wrong here?

What is the same:

3. Excuses.

How is spray painting something that looks like 75% of an American flag on a wall disrespecting patriots and military. I am both and have the mental capacity to see that that is NOT an American flag. Jeesh! Give us some credit for being smart enough to know what an American flag is, huh?

thanks, i already spent some time on that site to learn if a painting of a flag on a wall counts as a flag. what was clear, is that the flag code is violated every fucking day in american life, at the start of every football game, where a flag is displayed horizontally, when it is worn, stepped on, signed, not taken in at night, or not properly illuminated at night. not replaced when dirty or torn, thrown into the garbage instead of retired following the rules, etc.

this is selective outrage. and my question why you specially included the military after already mentioning patriots was not answered. every citizen can do the flag folding ceremony with their own flag, or am i wrong here?

Now that's actually accurate to a fault. I'll focus on the big one: Flag burning.

The strange thing is that you are suppose to burn it to dispose of it, yet both the burners for protest and those against them seem to have forgotten that little law. ;)

In the US the flag is important, because of it's history and meaning. Many countries inherited their flags ... usually from controlling regimes many centuries ago, but ours we took time to look at it, time to design it to show exactly what our country stands for. Each color, the stripes, and the stars mean something to us. It's not just a symbol of our country, but a symbol of what our country stands and exists for.

the history of the design of the stars and stripes is very similar to the stories of other flag designs, and as you said most of the time flags are adaptations of previously used ones.

case in point:

800px-Flag_of_the_British_East_India_Company_(1707).svg.png

no american exceptionalism.

Multiple wrongs still don't justify these actions. Yes, everyone is suppose to follow the flag folding procedure. Most military personnel are patriots. Patriots may not be military personnel however. I think both topics on this thread are selective. You asked why smearing the flag was an afront to the military. I thought my source did a nice job of explaining. Apparently you were aware of the reasons, because you mentioned reading from that site already. It would seem to make your question disingenuous.

I am only suggesting the DNC should pull their video on the basis it demeans the flag, fosters hate which they frequently use as a reason the RNC is bad and does not raise the level of debate on health care coverage. Further, it was produced in order to raise money for the DNC. It was the best a contest could offer for that cause apparently. :cuckoo:

the history of the design of the stars and stripes is very similar to the stories of other flag designs, and as you said most of the time flags are adaptations of previously used ones.

case in point:

Notice I said "many", not all. I was just explaining why the flag is so important to people in our country, not trying to belittle others.

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - What do the colors of the Flag mean?
"The colors of the pales (the vertical stripes) are those used in the flag of the United States of America; White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice."

The meanings to these colors were defined when the seal for congress was created, but:

"The star is a symbol of the heavens and the divine goal to which man has aspired from time immemorial; the stripe is symbolic of the rays of light emanating from the sun."

http://www.usa-flag-site.org/history.shtml

In school we get a very watered down version of this (well did when I was in school) ... but this is the summary:

"Today the flag consists of thirteen horizontal stripes, seven red alternating with 6 white. The stripes represent the original 13 colonies, the stars represent the 50 states of the Union. The colors of the flag are symbolic as well: Red symbolizes Hardiness and Valor, White symbolizes Purity and Innocence and Blue represents Vigilance, Perseverance and Justice."

After all it's changes. Our country started with nothing but the flag, it is the very first piece of our history, we are a very young country after all. Everything prior to the flag's history was actually part of England's history, not ours.

Multiple wrongs still don't justify these actions. Yes, everyone is suppose to follow the flag folding procedure. Most military personnel are patriots. Patriots may not be military personnel however. I think both topics on this thread are selective. You asked why smearing the flag was an afront to the military. I thought my source did a nice job of explaining. Apparently you were aware of the reasons, because you mentioned reading from that site already. It would seem to make your question disingenuous.

I am only suggesting the DNC should pull their video on the basis it demeans the flag, fosters hate which they frequently use as a reason the RNC is bad and does not raise the level of debate on health care coverage. Further, it was produced in order to raise money for the DNC. It was the best a contest could offer for that cause apparently. :cuckoo:

i asked why you mentioned the military after already mentioning patriots. i can understand why smearing on a flag might annoy a patriot. a disingenuous question was indeed screaming to be asked: do you think that some in the military are not patriots, that is why you had to mention them separately?:lol:

your source did not help me, that leads me to assume that you specially and unnecessarily mentioned the military to bolster up your argument and appeal to the apparently numerous "military types" on this board.

once again to me, no valid comparison, the racist pic in the OP and desecrating a national symbol. not even the same sport.

case in point:

Notice I said "many", not all. I was just explaining why the flag is so important to people in our country, not trying to belittle others.

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - What do the colors of the Flag mean?
"The colors of the pales (the vertical stripes) are those used in the flag of the United States of America; White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice."

The meanings to these colors were defined when the seal for congress was created, but:

"The star is a symbol of the heavens and the divine goal to which man has aspired from time immemorial; the stripe is symbolic of the rays of light emanating from the sun."

History of American Flag | USA Flag Site

In school we get a very watered down version of this (well did when I was in school) ... but this is the summary:

"Today the flag consists of thirteen horizontal stripes, seven red alternating with 6 white. The stripes represent the original 13 colonies, the stars represent the 50 states of the Union. The colors of the flag are symbolic as well: Red symbolizes Hardiness and Valor, White symbolizes Purity and Innocence and Blue represents Vigilance, Perseverance and Justice."

After all it's changes. Our country started with nothing but the flag, it is the very first piece of our history, we are a very young country after all. Everything prior to the flag's history was actually part of England's history, not ours.

ok, sounded like american exceptionalism to me, and i take exception to that. sorry if i misunderstood.

and i am aware of the history, i spent some time in philadelphia, and would have visited the betsy ross house if they hadn't such bitchy business hours.

Fine...e-mail them with your complaint.

Hey leave sitarro alone! He's not racist, he has a black dude in his avatar!

shit, he is off the hook, as are you.

i am still up shit creek.

No, no .. I'm still the racist. I have the black guy in my avatar because I want to fuck basketball players or something or other.

The first step to understanding who you are is to admit it to the world on a message board, good for you kid, now work on getting some help for it.

case in point:

History of American Flag | USA Flag Site

ok, sounded like american exceptionalism to me, and i take exception to that. sorry if i misunderstood.

and i am aware of the history, i spent some time in philadelphia, and would have visited the betsy ross house if they hadn't such bitchy business hours.

I can believe that ... seems for such a "bustling" country we have horrible business hours for everything.

What are your thoughts on the miscegenation content Mad (cough) Scientist?
By "miscegenation" do you mean:

You mean when ******* fuck Honky Bitches?
When ******* fuck the Japs?
When Crackers fuck the Slopes?
When Wetbacks fuck the Honky bitches?

In my experience, the best lays have been Asian and Hispanic women. Latinas from L.A. are crazy and will fuck anywhere!

The women in the Phillipines will fuck until you push them away! They're athletes in bed I tell ya'.

Japanese women appear reserved but are actually very forward but not classless and slutty like most American women. Many times (I'm not bragging) women would come up to me and strike up a conversation. Classy in public, whores in bed. Korean women are basically the same.

About "miscegenation" in general, I'm all for it. It's the only chance for ugly people to have beautiful offspring. Look at Derek Jeter, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilara and Tiger Woods. Have you seen pics of their parents? Oh my God! Talk about "facially impaired"! It's a good thing that they married outside their race.

I have two half-Japanese sons by the way. The oldest one married a girl who is half-Japanese/Korean so my grandson is an American/Japanese/Korean blend. He looks more Asian than Caucasian but of course I love him just the same.

Last edited:
Okay first off more than likely this was simply a direct slam at Obama, whose parents were racially mixed (duh) and his policies. Is it in poor taste yes. Is it necessarily racist no.

By Daniel Tencer
Monday, October 26th, 2009 -- 11:15 am
Share on Facebook Stumble This!

Perhaps no one noticed. Perhaps no one cared. But hours after a liberal news forum brought attention to a series of days old controversial photos on the Republican National Committee's Facebook page, the photos were finally taken down.

Among them was a picture of President Barack Obama eating fried chicken, subtitled with a call to prohibit interracial marriage. The photo's caption read: "Miscegenation is a CRIME against American Values. Repeal Loving v. Virginia."

Miscegenation refers to the "marriage or cohabitation between a man and woman of different races." Loving v. Virginia was a landmark Supreme Court case that, in 1967, struck down all of the US's laws against interracial marriage.

This is the photo as it appeared on the GOP's Facebook profile on Monday:

rncobamafacebookphoto.jpg

RNC keeps racist pics on Facebook for nearly a week | Raw Story

Now perhaps it was a troll who posted it, perhaps not. But it was left there for 5 days.

If the RNC can't manage a little thing like their own social networking site, how can they be trusted to manage a country?

:razz:

Care to explain how that picture is racist?

Just curious....

Why would anyone choose a picture of the President eating fried chicken?

Because they didn't have a picture of him eating pizza?

Only black people eat fried chicken? I eat fried chicken and I'm not black, "last time I looked” Some times I sit on my front porch and eat fried chicken, does that make me black? I'm so confused. Why is it that every time someone points at Barak Obama's skin color it's racist if it comes from a conservative but it's racial heritage when it comes from a liberal? Either we care about skin color or we don't. This world will never be completely racially unbiased until we do not notice or care about skin color. If you're an American I see a person who loves this country. If you're an African American, I see a person who is putting their skin color in my face. Hyphenated Americanism, Political Correctness and Liberalism are at the root of the problem not the solution.

Only black people eat fried chicken? I eat fried chicken and I'm not black, "last time I looked” Some times I sit on my front porch and eat fried chicken, does that make me black? I'm so confused. Why is it that every time someone points at Barak Obama's skin color it's racist if it comes from a conservative but it's racial heritage when it comes from a liberal? Either we care about skin color or we don't. This world will never be completely racially unbiased until we do not notice or care about skin color. If you're an American I see a person who loves this country. If you're an African American, I see a person who is putting their skin color in my face. Hyphenated Americanism, Political Correctness and Liberalism are at the root of the problem not the solution.

Here we have yet another jackass that either didn't read the caption under the pic or read the caption but didn't know what the big word meant.

Forum List

Back