Roe v. Wade will be overturned soon, and then abortion will be outlawed in most states...

God love the women that had to choose between her and the babies life during delivery. That's got to be a hard decision.

If that choice is to be made, the woman usually isn't the one who makes it.

Usually if that choice has to be made, that woman is dying or her life is in serious jeopardy. She's probably not conscience and doctors are trying to save her life. She's probably bleeding to death or in cardiac arrest.

It's illegal to make that type of choice in this nation under any other circumstances during birth.

The person who usually makes that choice is the husband or partner or family member. If there isn't time, the doctor makes that choice. The choice is usually made very quickly or there is no choice. The woman dies. Hopefully the fetus can be saved.

Here in America it's the practice to save the woman in that situation if she can be saved then try to save the fetus. I know the catholic faith is the opposite. Take that choice away and force the woman to die. However, here in America, it's illegal for any religion to do such a monstrous thing. It's called the constitution and separation of church and state. Freedom of religion.

In general I agree with you regarding viability and so does Roe.

Roe is terrible law, it made up a right out of thin air, and did nothing to end the debate on the issue.
This is as ignorant as it is wrong.

Roe is the progeny of Griswold and Eisenstadt – codifying the fact that the Third, Fourth, and Fifth Amendments acknowledge a right to privacy, prohibiting government from interfering in personal, private matters such as whether to have a child or not, incorporated to the states by the 14th Amendment.

Roe is sound, consistent case law limiting the authority of the state and protecting individual liberty.

Limiting government power was something conservatives once believed in – no longer the case the consequence of the authoritarian social right.

Exactly true.

But it does take Conservatives back to their anti-women roots- they don't believe women should be having sex unless it is for reproduction. Conservatives had big government make contraceptives illegal for women. Conservatives had big government make abortion illegal for women.

That is why todays Conservatives put the value of a 3 day old fetus ahead of the value of a 12 year old rape victim. It isn't about saving a life- they are willing to risk the life of the 13 year old rape victim- it is about controlling women, and their reproduction.

Thank you.

What these people want to do is monstrous in my opinion.

They want to force a rape or incest victim to give birth to a child who is the result of that brutal violence forced upon her.

The barbarian who brutalized the woman or child then has parental rights to all children that resulted from their brutality. Forcing that woman or child and the child that is the result of the brutality to have to have a relationship with the barbarian who brutalized them.

That child will have to grow up knowing how it was created and it will have to live with it until the day they die.

Then there's cases like what happened to a friend of mine. One day a private investigator showed up at his door asking about his dead mother and the child that was the result of her being raped she gave up for adoption. Apparently that child grew up to rape and murder his girlfriend's daughter.

His defense. He is the result of rape. He's not guilty because it's in his DNA.

My friend's mother had never told him and his sister about any of it. She died without telling them. My friend was shocked to find out all of this. He was dragged into the court case.

The far right radical extremists don't care what they do. They don't care about the people who are hurt by what they do. All they care about is themselves and forcing their way of life on our nation full of people who don't want to live that lifestyle.

Meanwhile countless lives are destroyed.
What people are those ? I talk to conservatives who are opposed to abortion, and listen to conservative radio all the time. I've never heard any be opposed to abortion for rape victims.

It's too complicated a concept for leftarded simpletons. It makes their empty heads explode.

...it will still be possible to get an abortion in certain states, like New York and California.

Question for pro-aborts: What's your plan for after this happens?

My plan will be to support a Human Life Amendment to the United States Constitution, so that it is recognized that all human beings, from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death, have an inalienable right to life.
Actually not.

Most states will continue to recognize a woman’s right to privacy – including some red states such as Arizona and Alaska.

And although ‘illegal,’ abortion will still take place in repressive rightwing states hostile to privacy rights.

Moreover, women seeking abortions will need only travel to free states to have the procedure; indeed, overturning Roe would do little to end abortions.

‘Banning’ abortion will only have the effect of satisfying the authoritarian right in its desire to increase the power of the state at the expense of individual liberty.
Many women seeking abortion cannot afford to travel state to state. Also, extensive traveling is not a healthy thing for pregnant women.
Which demonstrates that most conservatives are not only hostile to privacy right, but they’re hostile to women subject to poverty as well.

Like most Republican policies, ‘banning’ abortion will disadvantage solely low-income Americans.

Please keep the catholic church and clergy out of the discussion....

That the Catholic Church is filled from top to bottom with child sex predators disguised as priests is obvious, but not the point.

Government is filled from top to bottom with left wing homos. Those homos rape kids. Give them control of kids and rape will happen...

...it will still be possible to get an abortion in certain states, like New York and California.

My plan will be to support a Human Life Amendment to the United States Constitution, so that it is recognized that all human beings, from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death, have an inalienable right to life.

I disagree with that. Let the States sort it out.

My view is I don't support banning abortion, but I do support regulating it. For cause only after say 1/2 way through the 2nd trimester, no free elective abortions, and parents have to be notified for minors.
Wrong again.

One’s Constitutional rights are not subject to his place of residence – including the right to privacy; the states have no authority to compel a woman to give birth against her will.

Indeed, there’s nothing to ‘sort out’ – the issue was resolved by Roe and subsequent privacy rights jurisprudence.

I support an increase in taxes to help take care of unwanted babies....it's called pro life stance that doesn't end at birth.
Everyone is pro-life – including those who defend a woman’s right to privacy.

This issue isn’t solely about unwanted children – it’s about government excess and overreach at the expense of individual liberty, it’s about prohibiting unwarranted government interference in personal, private matters, and it’s about allowing each individual to decide the issue for himself in accordance with his own good conscience safeguarded by the right to privacy.

Everyone is pro-life

False

Some of us correctly cite human overpopulation, not Algore's fraud, for the fires in Australia and the Amazon, most recently.... too many humans sucking too much fresh water from nature.

I am PRO DEATH. We are in a late STAGE 1 of human overpopulation, and we sure as heck do not need crack whores being forced to bring every pregnancy to term....

Pro Lifers are 100% MORONS who do not understand basic math, science, or anything save parroting the preacher....

On today's Earth, a "pro life" attitude guarantees a billion human death event in the near future....

poverty.jpg

Donald Trump’s Poverty Denial

Women that have abortions are trying to work themselves out of poverty without burdening the conservative system. You should see it as favor.

Like was said in an earlier post if you force women to have children you should have to pay for them.

Typical responses to that would be

"My preacher did not say that"

"You are a liberal" (because Pro Israel Christians define "conservative" as .... you got it.... "Christian....")

It’s hard to believe how close we are thanks to Trump. After decades of the lefts iron grip on power. And the liberals on this very board were saying “he’s fooling you Trump will nominate liberals you should vote for Democrats if you want to ban abortion. “

People just don’t fall for that any more.
That Trump is the hero of the authoritarian right comes as no surprise.

Trump and his supporters’ contempt for the right to privacy is consistent with their contempt for the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law.

Trump a few decades ago....

"I'm very pro choice"

When your "base" are those with sub 10 IQs, you have no choice.... at least now....

How is it possible for Roe v Wade to be overturned except in NY and Ca.? Late term abortion might be outlawed but it's extremely unlikely that Roe will be overturned. These are typical scare tactics used by democrats in a last ditch effort when they can't come up with a candidate.

Everyone is pro-life

False

Some of us correctly cite human overpopulation, not Algore's fraud, for the fires in Australia and the Amazon, most recently.... too many humans sucking too much fresh water from nature.

I am PRO DEATH. We are in a late STAGE 1 of human overpopulation, and we sure as heck do not need crack whores being forced to bring every pregnancy to term....

Pro Lifers are 100% MORONS who do not understand basic math, science, or anything save parroting the preacher....

On today's Earth, a "pro life" attitude guarantees a billion human death event in the near future....
Nonsense.

It’s perfectly appropriate and consistent to oppose abortion while defending a woman’s right to privacy.

It’s idiocy to believe that the only ‘solution’ to the problem of abortion is to ‘ban’ the practice.

Everyone would give his full support to a solution that ends the practice of abortion that doesn’t violate the Constitution and a woman’s right to privacy.

Pro-Life for free childcare
Pro-Life for universal health care
Pro-Life for working wages
Pro-Life for free school lunches

when I start to see/hear the above I'll believe that Pro-Lifers actually give a shit.
We need to give a woman alternatives to aborting a child

Maternal care, save her job, low cost childcare, housing assistance, healthcare

If you are unwilling to do so, don’t complain if she chooses to terminate the pregnancy

How is it possible for Roe v Wade to be overturned except in NY and Ca.? Late term abortion might be outlawed but it's extremely unlikely that Roe will be overturned. These are typical scare tactics used by democrats in a last ditch effort when they can't come up with a candidate.
Late term abortion is very rare and is usually due to extenuating circumstances

Actually not.

Most states will continue to recognize a woman’s right to privacy – including some red states such as Arizona and Alaska.

And although ‘illegal,’ abortion will still take place in repressive rightwing states hostile to privacy rights.

Moreover, women seeking abortions will need only travel to free states to have the procedure; indeed, overturning Roe would do little to end abortions.

‘Banning’ abortion will only have the effect of satisfying the authoritarian right in its desire to increase the power of the state at the expense of individual liberty.
Many women seeking abortion cannot afford to travel state to state. Also, extensive traveling is not a healthy thing for pregnant women.
Which demonstrates that most conservatives are not only hostile to privacy right, but they’re hostile to women subject to poverty as well.

Like most Republican policies, ‘banning’ abortion will disadvantage solely low-income Americans.

As opposed to being hostile to children's constitutional rights.

Right Claypool?

Forum List

Back