🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Romney Considering Another Run

instead we got an insane half black guy who kowtows to terorists and has destroyed our economy. Great choice assholes.

Really. Romney said he'd have unemployment down to 6% at the end of his first term.

Obama got it down to 5.6% in half that time.

GDP growth was the strongest it's been in a decade.

I don't think that was all because of Obama, but your statement he destroyed the economy is nuts.

And since Obama killed terrorists that Bush couldn't even find, I'd hardly call that Kow-Towing.

I don't have the numbers in front of me; but Ohio and Florida were far from nail biters. All the swing states were not close due to obvious cheating. Like you'd ever admit that. You're such a worm, you won't even admit it's a possibility. After all, nobody cheats in America. You rail all day long about how people cheat and steal. But then when it comes to elections, suddenly everyone's saints. You're so phone, joe.

Guy, the thing is, we have a whole bunch of safeguards to keep people from cheating in Elections.

Or you would have to believe that Obama got away with massive voter fraud right under the noses of Republican Governors in Florida and Ohio.

Of course, 2012 wasn't close. Romney was a terrible candidate according to even most Republicans. He had a habit of saying really stupid things that showed him to be a clueless rich guy who belongs to an insane cult.

Probably because he's a clueless rich guy who belongs to an insane cult.

And one point is not to be forgotten:

Over six presidential cycles, since the beginning of the Clinton revolution, the Democrats have built an electoral column that it extremely high. Even at its low water mark in 2004, the Democratic party still won in states worth 252 EV.

They have this electoral column because they are winning big among a combination of demographics that, when put together, plus a minority of the white vote in total, makes for a majority vote in the USA.

This is the point that Righties still don't get. The Democrats have built a practically impenetrable firewall on the entire West Coast (WA, OR, CA, HI). There's 78 EV right there. Considering the extremely high Latino percentage of the populations in both Nevada and New Mexico, you can add them to the column. That makes 92 EV, 1/3 of the way to 270.

Likewise, on the East Coast, excepting one state, the Democrats have built an impentrable firewall in the New England states, the The Acela states, and two key eastern states: ME, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, PA, NJ, MD, DE, DC, NY and PA. All of those states are 6 for 6 Dem states from 1992-2012, worth 105 EV, bringing us to a definite firewall of 197.

Now, let's look to the Midwest: MN and WI are now 7 for 7 DEM states, MI and IL are 6 for 6 DEM states, worth 56 EV (think of a second California). We are now at 253 EV, without Iowa, without New Hampshire, both of which are 5 for 6 DEM states and very, very likely to go D in 2016.

At 253, the D's only need 17 EV to win:

OH

or

VA and IA

or IA, NH and CO.

First, the R's are going to have to find a way to break through a D firewall that is essentially 253 EV. And the Ds have this firewall because they have built upon a demographic that the R's tend to demonize.

The R firewall is considerably small than this, as 1992, 1996, 2000, 2008 and 2012 have proven. It took every last bit of their strength for the R's to cobble together 286 EV in 2004.

Interesting thoughts.

Magic Underwear?

Jesus on an elephant in America?

If you haven't bothered to educate yourself on What Mormons really believe, that isn't my problem.

Okay- short version. Mormons think that a bunch of Hebrews immigrated to America in the 7th Century BCE and established two civilizations, the Nephites and the Lamanites. (They used to claim that this was in New York, but now they claim it was "somewhere in the Americas".) They also believe that these Hebrews had horses and elephants.

When Jesus was done in Judea, he came over to the Nephites and Lamanites and converted them to Christianity. No, seriously, this is all in the Book of Mormon. Mitt Romney thinks this shit really happened.

Then 400 years after Jesus, the Lamanites slaughtered all the Nephites, and God cursed the Lamanites by turning their skin dark, making them the Native Americans. Mormons think dark skin is a curse from God. Or they used to. They don't talk about that anymore.

Yes, all these batshit crazy beliefs, and we almost elected this guy.

35,500 people who voted in North Carolina (the one swing state that Romney did win) voted in one of 26 other states (double voted). Of course, in Ohio only 135 (115) people committed fraud though, according to Statgirl.

And that number could be about double, since the other 23 states don't pool the data, according to the article.

Dick Morris There s proof that over 1 million people voted twice in 2012 PunditFact

And that's just double voting. My contention is that urban areas were ballot box stuffing in mass numbers with no repercussions; no oversight.

in this country you are free to be an atheist and insult those who KNOW that God is real. Your obvious hatred just proves that you are a very mixed up human being. You are due sympathy, not ridicule.

I sincerely hope that you will wake up before its too late. But its your choce.

Of course in a muslim country, you would have been beheaded long ago.

I'm sure if the Fundies had their way, I'd get beheaded, too. It's not like you guys don't have a history of murdering religious dissenters.

Yes, I do have an anger when you guys elect people like Bush becuase they say "Jesus" to you, and he proceeds to give us wars and recessions.

your version of history is humerous and totally incorrect. Bush won twice because you clowns ran idiots like Gore and Kerry. Yes, Bush is a practicing Christian and believes what a vast majority of americans, including our founders, believe.

The Iraq war was a stupid mistake, both parties in congress authorized and funded it, your royal clintons both supported it.

as usual-----------you are full of shit.

'Deny! Deny!! DENY!!!'

That's all your ilk can ever do, statgirl. You sit on your high horse and feel ever so smug about your position with your faux data. And then when damning stuff rolls down the pike, then you got nothing whatsoever. Nothing but deflections (and/or silence) that is.

35,500 people who voted in North Carolina (the one swing state that Romney did win) voted in one of 26 other states (double voted). Of course, in Ohio only 135 (115) people committed fraud though, according to Statgirl.

And that number could be about double, since the other 23 states don't pool the data, according to the article.

Dick Morris There s proof that over 1 million people voted twice in 2012 PunditFact

And that's just double voting. My contention is that urban areas were ballot box stuffing in mass numbers with no repercussions; no oversight.

Your argument is citing a guy who was sooo off the nutty edge that Fox News fired him?

your version of history is humerous and totally incorrect. Bush won twice because you clowns ran idiots like Gore and Kerry. Yes, Bush is a practicing Christian and believes what a vast majority of americans, including our founders, believe.

No, Bush Stole 2000 and in 2004, he won because we don't throw out presidents in the middle of wars, even wars that are based on lies and completely stupid. But the fact that so many drooling Red State morons voted for this guy because he was right with Jesus and promised to keep the gheys from getting married didn't help.

The Iraq war was a stupid mistake, both parties in congress authorized and funded it, your royal clintons both supported it.

You kind of sound like the kid who broke the window, pointing at his little friends being there, too.

fTKKXqa.png

Some thoughts I had about Romney running again. Posted them in a thread I made, it got no attention, so I figured I'd just post them in this Romney thread

I think Romney is reaping the rewards of being the GOP's fall guy in 2012:
Christie, Jeb, etc, none of these guys wanted to face off against President Obama in 2012. It was a fool's errand they all knew they'd lose. They were all more popular than Mitt, but they weren't willing to run in 2012. No serious GOP contender other than Mitt was willing to run in 2012.

I kind of feel like the improved views on Mitt's image stem partly from his 2012 loss. Whether you agree or disagree, people across America do say he was right on some comments he was mocked for at the time of his 2012 campaign and Mitt is seen as a more likable person now than he was in 2012. I think this is a benefit he's getting because he was the only worthwhile GOP candidate who did choose to put in the work and effort to run against Pres Obama in 2012.

There is speculation he is going to run to the right of Jeb. Wouldn't that be ironic? The admittedly center-right/moderate Mitt having a GOP opponent he can confidently look more conservative against. Is Mitt about to beat a Bush and a Clinton for 2016? This could be one for the history books folks.

Not saying he's awesome or perfect, but he really was the only worthwhile candidate who stepped up to be the GOP's fall guy in 2012 (imagine the beating Santorum or Gingrich would have had in a general election against Pres. Obama), and I'm glad to see his image has improved after putting in that work to give the GOP someone to run in 2012

He's the only one that polls better than Hillary. He beats her in every model.

Hillary "Not Getting the Nomination" Clinton

Wishful thinking. As someone that hates the Clintons; I'd take a modicum of satisfaction in seeing that happen. But it wouldn't mean too much; cos some other a-hole would be in her stead. I think she's on the inside track still; and she likely handily wins it. But you never know what 2016 could hold. All the same, I think a lot of liberals mistake her for being bulletproof in a general election when she is quite the flawed candidate. If she didn't have the name Clinton, she'd have zero chance.

Forum List

Back