Romney Refuses To Apologize For Condemning Dead Americans

Obama is responsible, yes, and he is taking responsbility.

Romney comes out firing without knowing what is going, twelve hours when he then knows what happened, he keeps firing, and does not even condemn Jones and the film maker.

Romney ignores that christian and muslim Libyans died trying to protect Americans.

I think Romney's advisers convinced him that this was an "Iran 1979 Embassy opportunity for Reagan."

Senator McCain, the last GOP candidate in 08, who I really admire, said this morning that Romney handled it poorly.

Yesterday we noted that Mitt Romney, down in the polls after the convention, was throwing the kitchen sink at President Obama. Little did we know the kitchen sink would include -- on the anniversary of 9/11 -- one of the most over-the-top and (it turns out) incorrect attacks of the general-election campaign . Last night after 10:00 pm ET, Romney released a statement on the attacks on the U.S. embassies in Egypt and Libya. After saying he was “outraged” by these attacks and the death of an American consulate worker, Romney said, “It's disgraceful that the Obama administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.” Yet after learning every piece of new information about those attacks, the Romney statement looks worse and worse -- and simply off-key. First, Romney was referring to a statement that the U.S. embassy in Egypt issued condemning the “efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims.” But that embassy statement, which the White House has distanced itself from, was in reference to an anti-Islam movie and anti-Islam pastor Terry Jones, and it came out BEFORE the embassy attacks began. Then this morning, we learned that the U.S. ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens, and others died in one of the attacks
First Thoughts: Over the top - First Read
Just saw where Romney is refusing to apologize for his politically motivated statement that the Americans in the Embassy, fearing for their lives, were terrorist sympathizers.

What a pompous self righteous ass Romney is...

It is shameful that Romney would use the death of a U.S. Ambassador as an opportunity to lambast the speech of that very same U.S. Ambassador!

Let me explain a few things that intelligent people call facts.

1. Romney criticized the statement released by the US Embassy in Egypt.
  2. So did Obama.
  3. At the time he made that statement the consulate in Benghazi had not been attacked.
  4. Ambassador Stevens did not make the statement released by the embassy in Egypt.
  5. The attack in Libya was a planned attack that was condemned by the Libyan government.
  6. The government in Egypt condemned the guy who made the film.
In other words, if we look at facts, your statement is not worthy of the styling edits I implemented, much less the bold size 5 font you used.

Yesterday we noted that Mitt Romney, down in the polls after the convention, was throwing the kitchen sink at President Obama. Little did we know the kitchen sink would include -- on the anniversary of 9/11 -- one of the most over-the-top and (it turns out) incorrect attacks of the general-election campaign . Last night after 10:00 pm ET, Romney released a statement on the attacks on the U.S. embassies in Egypt and Libya. After saying he was “outraged” by these attacks and the death of an American consulate worker, Romney said, “It's disgraceful that the Obama administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.” Yet after learning every piece of new information about those attacks, the Romney statement looks worse and worse -- and simply off-key. First, Romney was referring to a statement that the U.S. embassy in Egypt issued condemning the “efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims.” But that embassy statement, which the White House has distanced itself from, was in reference to an anti-Islam movie and anti-Islam pastor Terry Jones, and it came out BEFORE the embassy attacks began. Then this morning, we learned that the U.S. ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens, and others died in one of the attacks
Just saw where Romney is refusing to apologize for his politically motivated statement that the Americans in the Embassy, fearing for their lives, were terrorist sympathizers.

What ROmney is essentially saying is that its disgraceful for a diplomatic mission to be diplomatic.

In that case, that is what Obama is saying, and explains why he demanded the embassy withdraw the Tweet.

Romney comes out firing without knowing what is going, twelve hours when he then knows what happened, he keeps firing, and does not even condemn Jones and the film maker.

Listen up stupid fuck, Terry Jones didn't make the film.

Further, the idea that Obama, your feckless little god, should condemn Americans for having the freedom of speech is disgusting.

Romney ignores that christian and muslim Libyans died trying to protect Americans.

You and your fucktard Obama ignore that Americans died at the hands of these terrorists you apologize to.

I think Romney's advisers convinced him that this was an "Iran 1979 Embassy opportunity for Reagan."

Where Obama took on the role of Jimmy Carter, with you wallowing in the gutter, as per usual.

Senator McCain, the last GOP candidate in 08, who I really admire, said this morning that Romney handled it poorly.

Romney was presidential, Obama was not.

None of this matter, you'll vote for Obama regardless. You're a leftist hack. But Obama apologizing to the terrorists WILL sway the middle to Romney, and you will lose, Fakey.

so we are just suppose to take your word on this..You big Republican Romney supporter

He shouldn't apologize, he's right as usual. Not surprizing to me that a obama kool aid drinker like yourself would try to spin it otherwise.

spin? Romney condemned the statements put out by the Americans in the Embassy fearing for their lives... all for political gain

Romney made his statement right after the embassy did, before the white house tried to distance themselves from the statement. Everyone thought the white house issued the statement. Why? because an embassy in crises mode is going to look to the white house for instructions, which they probably did. In no way did Romney condem the people who died in LIBYIA, he did condem the idiots at the Egyptian embassy for issuing an apology.

Either way, I think its pretty hard to argue that an apology was the right move to make, and i think it was correct of Romney to say that an apology for freedom of speech was absolutely not necessary

Obama is being responsible, and Romney shoots from the hip without knowing all the facts. Despite this, they both came to the exact same conclusion, that the embassy was wrong to release the statement they did. Yet, somehow, Romney was wrong.

Got it.

By the way, Romney's comment was about the statement released by the embassy in Egypt, and had nothing to do with Libya. In fact, the events in Libya actually had not happened at the time Romney made his statement. Yet, somehow, Romney made a comment about what happened in Libya.

Last edited:
Your kind and type of far right imbecility, Uncensored, is why Romney is losing this election.

You can't get it right: I did not say Jones was the film maker, go back and look.

McCain, who is credible, says Romney was wrong: what you think does not matter.

The killing was NOT the result of the video. That was simply a feeble excuse. The killing was because of a gang of radical Muslim nuts who (a) hate America and (b) love to destroy.

What Christian and Libyan Muslims died?

Terry Jones is an asshole!

He may be, but:

Terry Jones didn't make the film, was in no way involved.

{Law enforcement has identified Nakoula Basseley Nakoula as the man behind "Innocence of Muslims," the anti-Islam movie that is widely blamed for riots around the world, the AP reports.

Nakoula had previously claimed he had a role in the film's creation, but insisted he was not the director. Earlier reports centered around a certain Sam Bacile, but many doubts have been cast on Bacile's identity. Cell phones tied to Bacile and Nakoula traced to the same address.}

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...maker-nakoula-basseley-nakoula_n_1880706.html

But I have to admit, it's pretty fuckin' stupid for muslims to riot over a dumbass B-rate movie put out by a bunch brain-dead racists.

The video was made by the Muslim Brotherhood.

Last edited:

What does your post have to do with your title for the thread?

You can look it up, if you want.

Yes, Romney may well have cost the election on this. Damn I am mad.

so we are just suppose to take your word on this..You big Republican Romney supporter

When you come up to speed on the issues and events of this, I will talk to you then.

In meantime, come up to speed.

The killing was NOT the result of the video. That was simply a feeble excuse. The killing was because of a gang of radical Muslim nuts who (a) hate America and (b) love to destroy.

What Christian and Libyan Muslims died?

Terry Jones is an asshole!

He may be, but:

Terry Jones didn't make the film, was in no way involved.

{Law enforcement has identified Nakoula Basseley Nakoula as the man behind "Innocence of Muslims," the anti-Islam movie that is widely blamed for riots around the world, the AP reports.

Nakoula had previously claimed he had a role in the film's creation, but insisted he was not the director. Earlier reports centered around a certain Sam Bacile, but many doubts have been cast on Bacile's identity. Cell phones tied to Bacile and Nakoula traced to the same address.}

'Innocence Of Muslims' Filmmaker Identified By Law Enforcement As Nakoula Basseley Nakoula

But I have to admit, it's pretty fuckin' stupid for muslims to riot over a dumbass B-rate movie put out by a bunch brain-dead racists.

The video was made by the Muslim Brotherhood.
What do I know? I'm an Irish Catholic who could care less about what Mohammed said.

If I want to know what Mohammed said, I'll ask Joe Frazier.

You can look it up, if you want.

Yes, Romney may well have cost the election on this. Damn I am mad.

yeah right, you fool NO ONE

Romney's foreign policy naivete (statements at the London Olympics, in Israel, about Iran) is very, very troubling.

Who is advising him?

I hope Romney wins, as long as he is not being advised by freaks like you on the far, far right.

Forum List

Back