Romney's Bain Lie

holy shit, imagine what would happen if president romney were called to safe the rio olympics.
I'm going on vacation later in the week. I am retiring, no I mean taking a leave of absence, no I mean, continuing to be CEO and sole stock holder. If anything goes wrong in my absence, I WILL retroactively retire. And the buggers will keep paying me because my name is on the company, dammit!

Once again it is shown that the President and his organization is untruthful. What does that say about those who support his untruthfulness

Do Bain SEC documents suggest Mitt Romney is a criminal?

Do Bain SEC documents suggest Mitt Romney is a criminal? - The Washington Post

If he signed those papers..and is being truthful about having "no role whatsoever"?

Yeah..he committed a felony.

Bullshit. Steve Jobs remained CEO of his company while he was on two leave of absences. Jobs had turned over the day to day operations to a manager. He still had to sign papers as the figurehead CEO at the time.

Just like Romney had transferred the power to a team of I beleive 18 managers.

Fortune backed this up. Just beating that old drum Sallow? When you take a lie and continually repeat it, it makes you a liar as well.

Once again it is shown that the President and his organization is untruthful. What does that say about those who support his untruthfulness

If he signed those papers..and is being truthful about having "no role whatsoever"?

And if Obama killed citizens without any authority or right, yeah, he committed a felony - rather felonies.

And, there is actual evidence of that.

No, they show that Mitt is an opportunistic liar, imo.

He twisted his intentions so he could run for governor of Mass, now he's twisting his intentions so he can run for president.

And if Obama killed citizens without any authority or right, yeah, he committed a felony - rather felonies.

Is this going to be Mitt's platform? Cool!

They suggest that he is a liar. A large one at that.

Comprehension is not your friend, apparently. :eusa_whistle:

Tell me how Romney retires "retroactively". Statements such as this should disqualify him for being an idiot.

Romney knows what is in those documents. He has made the judgement that disclosing them will bring more damage than hiding them.

If he had nothing to hide...............................

Do you know how absolutely moronic you look when you post like this?

What's the charge?

Charge him. Obama has an obligation then to charge Romney after calling him a felon. Obama is in control of the DOJ.

Charge Romney. I still don't know what the fucking charge could be, but you whack job lefties keep claiming he's a felon.

Charge Romney then.

FactCheck.org : Romney’s Bain Years: New Evidence, Same Conclusion

ONe more time for shallow. You guys need a new flase story to push. This one has already been laid to rest.

Like a good majority of the population..FactCheck.org is clueless about the SEC.

Securities Exchange Act of 1934 | LII / Legal Information Institute

There is a caveat here. The SEC seldom goes after big fish. That's generally done by people outside of SEC that smell a rat, like Eliot Spitzer. They do from time to time, bust small fry engaged in insider trading..but that's about it.

Even Martha Stewart was busted on "lying" to federal agents..and not securities violations.

Is this going to be Mitt's platform? Cool!

I'd love it.

"No Obama..you can't kill terrorists actively plotting to commit terrorist acts in the US from foreign countries.", says Mitt.

:eusa_whistle:

From the OP's link:

Romney’s sudden departure from Bain had left the partnership in flux, in fact almost breaking up the firm, and a final resolution was not reached until he ended his Olympic sojourn and decided to run for governor. At that point, he signed retirement papers that set his departure date as February 1999, the month he left for the Olympics.

Fortune magazine on Thursday reported that it had obtained the offering documents for Bain Capital funds circulating in 2000 and 2001. None of the documents show that Romney was listed as being among the “key investment professionals” who would manage the money.

As Fortune put it, “the contemporaneous Bain documents show that Romney was indeed telling the truth about no longer having operational input at Bain — which, one should note, is different from no longer having legal or financial ties to the firm.”

Let’s also not forget that Massachusetts Democrats tried to keep Romney off the ballot in the 2002 governor’s race on the grounds that he had been living and working in Utah,
Now, who's telling the truth?

ONe more time for shallow. You guys need a new flase story to push. This one has already been laid to rest.

Like a good majority of the population..FactCheck.org is clueless about the SEC.

There is a caveat here. The SEC seldom goes after big fish. That's generally done by people outside of SEC that smell a rat, like Eliot Spitzer. They do from time to time, bust small fry engaged in insider trading..but that's about it.

Even Martha Stewart was busted on "lying" to federal agents..and not securities violations.

So charge him. Otherwise the President and the DOJ are just playing games and going for a smear job.

Hold your President and Holder to a higher standard. Come on Sallow, why waste time playing bullshit on a message board.

Why don't you get out front and make sure Mitt Romney is charged with something, anything?

You beleive he is guilty of a felony. Well hell's bells, don't preach to the other libs on the board that believe the same.

Come on, get out there and demand the President charge Romney with something, anything.

Tell me how Romney retires "retroactively". Statements such as this should disqualify him for being an idiot.

Romney knows what is in those documents. He has made the judgement that disclosing them will bring more damage than hiding them.

Speaking of " If he had nothing to hide...." Why doesn't Obama release his college transcripts?

Yes, of course. Everyone is clueless except you and a handful of other enlightened souls like the white house. What a condescending prickish thing to say. i'm fully aware of how the SEC works, or doesn't work for that matter. If you have the proof that Romney is a felon, put it forth and let the world see it. If you dont have the proof, but would like to remind everyone of the SECs past blunders as a way to promote the white houses charge against Romney. You're stretching.

Either give the evidence, or STFU and find a new false talking point.

Bullshit. Steve Jobs remained CEO of his company while he was on two leave of absences. Jobs had turned over the day to day operations to a manager. He still had to sign papers as the figurehead CEO at the time.

Just like Romney had transferred the power to a team of I beleive 18 managers.

Fortune backed this up. Just beating that old drum Sallow? When you take a lie and continually repeat it, it makes you a liar as well.

If that's the case..then Jobs was in violation of SEC rules.

The problem here is that the SEC seldom does it's job.

Don't all companies pay huge salaries and have people who "were not there" sign their documents?

Yes, of course. Everyone is clueless except you and a handful of other enlightened souls like the white house. What a condescending prickish thing to say. i'm fully aware of how the SEC works, or doesn't work for that matter. If you have the proof that Romney is a felon, put it forth and let the world see it. If you dont have the proof, but would like to remind everyone of the SECs past blunders as a way to promote the white houses charge against Romney. You're stretching.

I'm not clueless.

I use to work for the NYSE for 13.5 years.

I've logged into SEC boxes.

You guys really should get a clue.

Don't all companies pay huge salaries and have people who "were not there" sign their documents?

Yep

Do you know how absolutely moronic you look when you post like this?

What's the charge?

Charge him. Obama has an obligation then to charge Romney after calling him a felon. Obama is in control of the DOJ.

Charge Romney. I still don't know what the fucking charge could be, but you whack job lefties keep claiming he's a felon.

Charge Romney then.

Simple solution. Release the documents.

Speaking of " If he had nothing to hide...." Why doesn't Obama release his college transcripts?

How are Obama's transcripts germane to anything?

He attended the colleges that he said he attended..the colleges back him up.

And..he passed the bar.

I'm not clueless.

I use to work for the NYSE for 13.5 years.

I've logged into SEC boxes.

You guys really should get a clue.

Is this your proof?

You're clueless if you think that everyone is clueless besides you of the interworking of the SEC. Either post the proof that Romney is a felon, or stop repeating lies you wish were true. It makes you look like a fucking fool. I'm sure you'll yell it down the echo chamber again though.

Pathetic.

Forum List

Back