Romney's Bain Lie

holy shit, imagine what would happen if president romney were called to safe the rio olympics.

Romney is not the President of Brazil, so that won't happen.

Obama did spend millions of dollars of taxpayers money gong to Denmark and FAILED to get the Olympics to come to Chicago.

Romney saved the Olympics for free. Obama failed at great expense. Got it!

holy shit, imagine what would happen if president romney were called to safe the rio olympics.
I'm going on vacation later in the week. I am retiring, no I mean taking a leave of absence, no I mean, continuing to be CEO and sole stock holder. If anything goes wrong in my absence, I WILL retroactively retire. And the buggers will keep paying me because my name is on the company, dammit!

What company are you CEO of?
Bain.

We pay one of the lowest effective corporate tax rates in the western world. Jobs aren't being outsourced because of low tax third world companies. They're being outsourced because those folks are willing to work for peanuts. Would you like to see American manufacturers pay people in this country the wages they pay in Vietnam, China, and India?

From the unread article in the OP,

"As we wrote yesterday, we are standing with our assessment that Mitt Romney left the helm of Bain Capital in 1999, when he departed to run the Salt Lake City Olympics."

Ignorance is Democrat

How are Obama's transcripts germane to anything?

He attended the colleges that he said he attended..the colleges back him up.

And..he passed the bar.

If what you say is true then why not release them?

That is if he has nothing to hide..

Are you saying that Politicians should not have anything that's private?

Seriously?

Why wasn't Bush made to show every investment in his "blind trust"? Or Cheney for that matter?

How about health records? Should that be open too?

So there's a double standard?

Obama should keep documents from the public because of his privacy yet Romney shouldn't.

Can't have it both ways.

Romney doesn't have to prove he's innocent.

Obama did spend millions of dollars of taxpayers money gong to Denmark and FAILED to get the Olympics to come to Chicago.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuQDLvNGM-Q]2002 Romney- I Know How to Get Federal Money- Look at How Much I Got for the Olympics! - YouTube[/ame]

No he didn't.

i would think that the rio oly committe would try to recruit the best of the best, and the best of the best even does it for free! he does not have to be the president of brazil. where you got that silly notion is beyond me.

If what you say is true then why not release them?

That is if he has nothing to hide..

Seriously?

Why wasn't Bush made to show every investment in his "blind trust"? Or Cheney for that matter?

Obama should keep documents from the public because of his privacy yet Romney shouldn't.

Can't have it both ways.

The DOJ should be presenting charges and selecting a prosecutor.

Where is it? :dunno:

It matters when they take advantage of a system gamed to benefit the wealthy, especially when bragging to be a "job creator." It also matters if they claim they had nothing to do with a company that had them on the payroll.

Why shouldn't he take advantage of tax breaks? Most people do. Saying he shouldn't take advantage of tax breaks that is readily available to him is about as nonsensical as conservatives saying that if liberals want to raise taxes, they should voluntarily send money to the Treasury and not force everyone to pay. Same coin, different sides.

You realize that his tax return is irrelevant to determining his involvement in Bain, right? He would continue to receive partnership distributions from carried interest from past funds and profits from the management company whether or not he was actively involved. This was investigated when he ran for governor in MA. This whole "Was he running Bain" garbage reminds me of the birfers demanding to see Obama's birth certificate years after it was certified.
If it doesn't matter, why is Mitt reluctant to release his tax returns?

From what I understand, he wasn't just getting distributions, he was being paid a salary of $100,000 a year. While he "wasn't there" doing anything to earn a salary.

When he ran for governor is when he used his Bain tenure as proof that he really "was there" in MA and therefore qualified to run for governor.

Independent of the Bain issues, the refusal to release the tax returns is HUGE. Somebody on a talk show yesterday said the logical reason why he is not releasing them in the face of this massive outcry is because releasing them would do even more damage than NOT doing so.

Seriously?

Can't have it both ways.

If there was something illegal about it you can bet your ass Holder would be jumping through hoops to prosecute.

Can't have it both ways.

If there was something illegal about it you can bet your ass Holder would be jumping through hoops to prosecute.

100%. It would provide cover to distract from his Fast And Furious woes with the House of Representatives.

Unrelenting Obama Jabs at Romney's Job Record - ABC News

On the sidelines of the National Governors Association meeting in Williamsburg, Alabama's Republican governor, Robert Bentley, called on Romney to release all the documents requested of him.

"If you have things to hide, then maybe you're doing things wrong," Bentley said. "I think you ought to be willing to release everything to the American people."

Why shouldn't he take advantage of tax breaks? Most people do. Saying he shouldn't take advantage of tax breaks that is readily available to him is about as nonsensical as conservatives saying that if liberals want to raise taxes, they should voluntarily send money to the Treasury and not force everyone to pay. Same coin, different sides.

You realize that his tax return is irrelevant to determining his involvement in Bain, right? He would continue to receive partnership distributions from carried interest from past funds and profits from the management company whether or not he was actively involved. This was investigated when he ran for governor in MA. This whole "Was he running Bain" garbage reminds me of the birfers demanding to see Obama's birth certificate years after it was certified.
If it doesn't matter, why is Mitt reluctant to release his tax returns?

From what I understand, he wasn't just getting distributions, he was being paid a salary of $100,000 a year. While he "wasn't there" doing anything to earn a salary.

When he ran for governor is when he used his Bain tenure as proof that he really "was there" in MA and therefore qualified to run for governor.

Independent of the Bain issues, the refusal to release the tax returns is HUGE. Somebody on a talk show yesterday said the logical reason why he is not releasing them in the face of this massive outcry is because releasing them would do even more damage than NOT doing so.

Why do you need to see Romney's tax returns? Do you believe Romney has broken a law?

We pay one of the lowest effective corporate tax rates in the western world. Jobs aren't being outsourced because of low tax third world companies. They're being outsourced because those folks are willing to work for peanuts. Would you like to see American manufacturers pay people in this country the wages they pay in Vietnam, China, and India?

My Gawd, are you REALLY that stupid??

Let me help you out a little, I'll even use a source that I KNOW you won't dispute...

U.S. Corporate Tax Rate To Be Highest In The Developed World

U.S. Corporate Tax Rate To Be Highest In The Developed World

You morons will say absolutely ANYTHING!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If he signed those papers..and is being truthful about having "no role whatsoever"?

Yeah..he committed a felony.

Now they're saying he "retired retroactively".

Creative, aren't they.

He could put an end to all this if he released the sacred tax returns but he can't because they would show he did indeed commit a felony. Betcha.

Romney's actually not disputing that he received a salary from Bain during that time. Which really should have perked up the ears of the SEC..but it didn't.

And releasing his tax returns..probably won't happen. And mainly because it's probably filled with enough accounting tricks to make a magician blush.

If this is a felony that Romney committed, why isn't Holder and the DOJ putting on a special prosecutor to investigate. The move would be brilliant, Holder could divert the Fast and Furious issues, it would activate the Dem voting base because it would help Obama's "evil" rich mantra, it would throw the GOP into chaos right before the convention and pretty much seal the second term for Obama. with the economy getting worse, with prices increasing, and the polls closing in on Obama, this would be a great move. Yet, he just makes accusations. Sorry, but if Obama has the goods on Romney, he has a responsibility as the President to make sure this prosecuted, and now it seems he is in dereliction of duty or he is lying.

Unrelenting Obama Jabs at Romney's Job Record - ABC News

On the sidelines of the National Governors Association meeting in Williamsburg, Alabama's Republican governor, Robert Bentley, called on Romney to release all the documents requested of him.

"If you have things to hide, then maybe you're doing things wrong," Bentley said. "I think you ought to be willing to release everything to the American people."

That's some funny shit. Obama has lied in his own books about his life and the left accuses Romney of hiding something.

Forum List

Back