Romney's Bain Lie

Independent of the Bain issues, the refusal to release the tax returns is HUGE. Somebody on a talk show yesterday said the logical reason why he is not releasing them in the face of this massive outcry is because releasing them would do even more damage than NOT doing so.

Was it huge when Obama didn't do it in 2008?

No...What you clever fellows thought was HUGE in 08 was Rev Wright and the Oh so elusive birth certicicate.. How'd THAT work out for you? The college transcripts were a distant cry from a back burner.. THAT seems all important now that Obama has already been in office for 3 and a half years.

I think it is time in the GOP playbook for Mittens to select some kook as VP and take the sting out of these frivilous tax return questions..

I never thought the birth certificate was huge. I did think Obama was lying about not listening to White's sermons, but he is a politician, and all politicians lie. I did enjoy pointing out that Oprah had more political savvy than Obama, she actually left Wright's church years before because of his preaching.

He pays more in taxes than you make, how is that not a fair share?

I paid a higher percentage of my income in taxes than he did. Is that fair?

When he was selling their shoes, Michael Jordan made more than the entire Vietnamese workforce who made those Nikes. Was that that fair?

You want everyone to pay the same percentage of their income in taxes?

Flat Taxes are the biggest tax scam ever. Fuck flat tax rates.

In the commercial and legal parlance of most countries, a general partnership (the basic form of partnership under common law), refers to an association of persons or an unincorporated company with the following major features:

Created by agreement, proof of existence and estoppel.
Formed by two or more persons
The owners are all personally liable for any legal actions and debts the company may face

It is a partnership in which partners share equally in both responsibility and liability.[1]

Sez wiki.

Bain is an LLP and Mitt owned 100% of its shares at the time, according to the SEC documents.

An LLP is a "Limited Liability Partnership," and is a form of incorporation often chosen by sole owners. It is not a General Partnership, Rati.

And you think Ravi's hysterical?

:eusa_hand:

I used the word hysterical because when I mention the notion of Mitt's track record as successful Executive leader, her response was an hysterical blue laugher.

And my reply to you is a sincere response to your suggestion that I posted anything abnormal or insane...
The blue laughing guy is the emoticon meaning Laughing My Ass Off.

The more you know....

Yes, and...It looks as if you are laughing hysterically when you post it.

The more you know........... :razz:

In the commercial and legal parlance of most countries, a general partnership (the basic form of partnership under common law), refers to an association of persons or an unincorporated company with the following major features:

The owners are all personally liable for any legal actions and debts the company may face

It is a partnership in which partners share equally in both responsibility and liability.[1]

Sez wiki.

Bain is an LLP and Mitt owned 100% of its shares at the time, according to the SEC documents.

An LLP is a "Limited Liability Partnership," and is a form of incorporation often chosen by sole owners. It is not a General Partnership, Rati.

I know that Eunuch2008. Thanks for backing me up.

Independent of the Bain issues, the refusal to release the tax returns is HUGE. Somebody on a talk show yesterday said the logical reason why he is not releasing them in the face of this massive outcry is because releasing them would do even more damage than NOT doing so.

Except you're full of shit. Obama released all returns, dating back to 2000. Why are you lying?????

Tax History Project: Presidential Tax Returns

Except that he did not release any returns before 2007 until March of this year. He is obviously using them to gain political advantage now.

TaxProf Blog: Obama Releases 2000-2006 Tax Returns

Was it a big deal in 2008 when Obama did not release his older returns?

Mitt Romney handed 23 years of tax returns over to the McCain campaign when they vetted him for a spot on that ticket.
And McCain didn't pick him. Wonder why. :eusa_whistle:

Because he liked Palin, and he is probably senile.

Because they knew what they needed was to fire up the Evangelical base, and also they were hoping it was a win/win at that point that she was a woman and a lot of women were angry for how Obama had treated Hillary...

Sorry?

Who was asking for that?

The GOP was to busy labeling Obama a jihadist, foreign born terrorist to bother with issues like Tax Returns.

If it is a big deal that Romney is not releasing his returns now it should be a big deal that Obama didn't release them then. If it wasn't a big deal that Obama did not release his returns then it shouldn't be a big deal that Romney is not releasing his returns now. I have personally argued that candidates should not release them at all, so I am being consistent.

Are you?

I paid a higher percentage of my income in taxes than he did. Is that fair?

When he was selling their shoes, Michael Jordan made more than the entire Vietnamese workforce who made those Nikes. Was that that fair?

You want everyone to pay the same percentage of their income in taxes?

Flat Taxes are the biggest tax scam ever. Fuck flat tax rates.

Then stop complaining because one person pays a smaller percent of his income than someone else.

Sez wiki.

Nickname coined and accepted. So shall it be.

So you were just lying when you portrayed a General Partnership as if it were an LLP?

LLP's are often formed by single parties.
If you could follow a thread I was schooling Toro (yes, I said that, lol) because he claimed Bain was a GP and that that absolved Mitten of any culpability. On the contrary, Bain is/was an LLP with Mitten owning 100% of the stock.

If you could follow a thread I was schooling Toro (yes, I said that, lol) because he claimed Bain was a GP and that that absolved Mitten of any culpability. On the contrary, Bain is/was an LLP with Mitten owning 100% of the stock.

Your statement is correct, I'll have to review the thread.

Last edited:
So you were just lying when you portrayed a General Partnership as if it were an LLP?

LLP's are often formed by single parties.

Your statement is correct, I'll have to review the thread.[/QUOTE]

Holy fuck. I just felt an icy-cold draft from below me feet!

:uhoh3: Whether or not it was a GP or an LLP was established early on in the thread and Toro catching up to that fact doesn't really change the essence of any argument(s)...

Mitt Romney stayed at Bain three years longer than he claimed: As we’ve previously noted, Mitt Romney twice told the Government Ethics Office that he left Bain Capital in February 1999, but there has been plenty of evidence suggesting otherwise. When he left Bain is a critical question, both because a different date than the one he claimed could mean he lied on official forms, and also because Romney has used the early departure date to insulate himself from attacks on Bain’s practices during the early 2000s.

But the Boston Globe reports today that Romney stayed on a full three years longer at Bain than he has claimed. Securities and Exchange Commission documents filed the in the years after 1999 list Romney as the “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president” of Bain. And a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002.

Romney’s Bain lie - Salon.com

“The main event is at the beautiful Teton Pines Country Club, with its sweeping mountain views. The minimum donation for the general reception is $2,500 per person...."

Rendezvous of the rich

Forum List

Back