Ron DeSantis’ pastor says gay people should be “put to death”

Just like this country where blacks are sentenced to the Democrat party or you call them racist names
Republican Jews get the same treatment from Democrat Jews. The hate and contempt is so strong that I’ve cut all but two out of my life

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Good Lord, can you believe it? I can and I can't. So there is that. Anyone remember Jeremiah Wright?
Well you should. Obama went to Wright's church and Wright made some controversial sermons.
And guess what? The Republican's seized that opportunity to make Obama look bad.
Why in the world would anyone vote for this? If I vote (and I am not going to) I would probably chose a candidate the LIED and said they went to Church when I know they didn't.
I found this part very interesting
Conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.
I believe this. I don't believe in it, I believe the statement.

Now that you know DeSantis attends church and listens to this, has your opinion of him changed?

And YES, this is posted in the correct forum Politics "Discuss government policies and candidates..." We are discussing Ron DeSantis and the fact he listens to sermons calling for death to GAY's :smoochEE:

The pastor who delivered the invocation at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis‘s (R) second inauguration has said that gay people should be put to death.

Tom Ascol — senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Cape Coral, Florida — made his comment on Twitter while criticizing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). On Monday, Cruz issued a tweet criticizing Uganda’s new “Anti-Homosexuality Act,” a law that punishes “aggravated homosexuality” with death.

Cruz’s tweet called the law “horrific & wrong,” adding, “Any law criminalizing homosexuality or imposing the death penalty for ‘aggravated homosexuality’ is grotesque & an abomination. ALL civilized nations should join together in condemning this human rights abuse.”

Ascol disagreed, writing on Tuesday, “Tell it to God, Ted.”

The pastor then cited Leviticus 20:13, the Old Testament verse that says, “If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.”

Ascol asked, “Was this law God gave to His old covenant people ‘horrific and wrong’?”

Leviticus’ ancient Biblical laws also require the death penalty for anyone who practices fortune telling, curses their mother or father, accidentally kills someone else’s animal, or commits blasphemy. Other Old Testament laws demand death for anyone who charges interest on loans or works on Saturdays.

Most contemporary Christians don’t follow these ancient Biblical laws and say that the crucifixion of Jesus Christ made them obsolete. However, conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.

It's strange how left didn't care what Jeremiah Wright was saying when Obongo was running for president.

I've heard many sermons over the years. I take what I can use and leave the rest. If the preaching is in line with Scripture, I accept it at face value. If the preacher inserts his personal opinions, I listen but take them with a grain of salt.

Both Testaments of the Bible make it clear that queerism is a sin. In the Old Testament, they were put to death if found committing the act. The New Testament says that the wages of sin is death. This death refers to a spiritual death or death of the soul. It can be avoided through repentance and belief in Christ. But if a soul chooses to reject Christ, he will suffer “the second death.” All of us will die, bodily (sooner or later).
AJ, you are not going to Heaven. Stop your nonsense.

Christians are infamous for their hypocrisy.
How about your own hypocrisy and that of other libs on this board?

Americans are not murdering homosexuals

But Ugandan are

Yet when strangers from Uganda appear at our southern border without visas libs welcome them with open arms even though they carry strange an unAmerican ideas about killing gays

I live here in Florida and we aren't doing anything to LGBTQ+ people. You are an idiot, no wonder you're a racist
Wow. this must be a lie, huh?

Florida hates the LGBTQ+'rs

Florida expands ‘Don’t Say Gay’; House OKs anti-LGBTQ bills​

Wow. this must be a lie, huh?

Florida hates the LGBTQ+'rs

Florida expands ‘Don’t Say Gay’; House OKs anti-LGBTQ bills​

See, that's the bullshit you vomit. We don't teach our children in the schools about any sex acts not just gay sex acts. But you say don't say gay because we don't discuss sex acts with children. Fuck the shit out of you, racist

See, that's the bullshit you vomit. We don't teach our children in the schools about any sex acts not just gay sex acts. But you say don't say gay because we don't discuss sex acts with children. Fuck the shit out of you, racist
Kaz, we can only be friends. You are not going to fuck me. I am straight and very married.
Crazy:

Ron DeSantis’ pastor says gay people should be “put to death”​

You have to consider this Pastor. He is from Florida. They don't like gays at all.

Florida traffic sign altered to read ‘Kill All Gays’​

Kaz, we can only be friends. You are not going to fuck me. I am straight and very married.
Crazy:

Ron DeSantis’ pastor says gay people should be “put to death”​

If your a chick, too bad. I like to fuck Democrats because you have so much to rebel against. I sure the fuck wouldn't marry one of you though, don't need the negative energy of an angry racist leftist

Do you think DeSantis is going to do an executive order condemning gays to the death penalty?
🤡

Democrats are deflecting from the racist Obama and his racist pastor Jeremiah Wright. People really need to keep bringing that up when the racist Democrats keep going there

Just like this country where blacks are sentenced to the Democrat party or you call them racist names
Yes. Being called names is JUST LIKE being sentenced to prison for life.

Forum List

Back