Ron DeSantis’ pastor says gay people should be “put to death”

Good Lord, can you believe it? I can and I can't. So there is that. Anyone remember Jeremiah Wright?
Well you should. Obama went to Wright's church and Wright made some controversial sermons.
And guess what? The Republican's seized that opportunity to make Obama look bad.
Why in the world would anyone vote for this? If I vote (and I am not going to) I would probably chose a candidate the LIED and said they went to Church when I know they didn't.
I found this part very interesting
Conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.
I believe this. I don't believe in it, I believe the statement.

Now that you know DeSantis attends church and listens to this, has your opinion of him changed?

And YES, this is posted in the correct forum Politics "Discuss government policies and candidates..." We are discussing Ron DeSantis and the fact he listens to sermons calling for death to GAY's :smoochEE:

The pastor who delivered the invocation at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis‘s (R) second inauguration has said that gay people should be put to death.

Tom Ascol — senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Cape Coral, Florida — made his comment on Twitter while criticizing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). On Monday, Cruz issued a tweet criticizing Uganda’s new “Anti-Homosexuality Act,” a law that punishes “aggravated homosexuality” with death.

Cruz’s tweet called the law “horrific & wrong,” adding, “Any law criminalizing homosexuality or imposing the death penalty for ‘aggravated homosexuality’ is grotesque & an abomination. ALL civilized nations should join together in condemning this human rights abuse.”

Ascol disagreed, writing on Tuesday, “Tell it to God, Ted.”

The pastor then cited Leviticus 20:13, the Old Testament verse that says, “If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.”

Ascol asked, “Was this law God gave to His old covenant people ‘horrific and wrong’?”

Leviticus’ ancient Biblical laws also require the death penalty for anyone who practices fortune telling, curses their mother or father, accidentally kills someone else’s animal, or commits blasphemy. Other Old Testament laws demand death for anyone who charges interest on loans or works on Saturdays.

Most contemporary Christians don’t follow these ancient Biblical laws and say that the crucifixion of Jesus Christ made them obsolete. However, conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.

/——/ So do the Muslims you libs, and you know who you are, fawn all over.

Last edited:
I live here in Florida and we aren't doing anything to LGBTQ+ people. You are an idiot, no wonder you're a racist
That’s going to be the Democrat strategy: try to get people afraid. “If DeSantis wins, he’s going to kill gay people!”

They already started that a couple of weeks ago with their ridiculous “warning” to black people not to go to Florida. Do voters fall for this nonsense?

I like your Christ, I don't like your Christians, they are so unlike your Christ. - Gandhi.

Have those words ever been more true than they are today?

No...not really...........it is freely acknowledged by Christians that we are fallen people in a fallen world, and we sin all the time.....and our only way to be forgiven is through God.......we all fall short, in this fallen world........and that is our fight, to be as close to how God wanted us to be as we can.........

That’s going to be the Democrat strategy: try to get people afraid. “If DeSantis wins, he’s going to kill gay people!”

They already started that a couple of weeks ago with their ridiculous “warning” to black people not to go to Florida. Do voters fall for this nonsense?

Yep.......how quickly Trump went from being hitler to being the better guy than desantis...

They are terrified that Desantis might win the primary....

Especially since the head of the NAACP who issued the warning lives in ... FLORIDA ...

We aren't doing anything to gay people, so idiot racist Democrats keep screeching about what dead people did to dead people. And the dead people they are screeching about harming gay people were ... wait for it ... Democrats

Funny how all you libs arguing for the purity of the Democrat party aren't Democrats or libs!!!! LOL
I am not a lib and I am not arguing for the purity of anything. Both parties are rotten to the core and need to be voted out.

Yep.......how quickly Trump went from being hitler to being the better guy than desantis...

They are terrified that Desantis might win the primary....
neither Trump nor DeSantis will be the next President of the United States of America

If one believes in the bible, the Gospels in particular, Jesus was VERY woke.

Apparently, you are unfamiliar with the history of Sodom and Gomorrah. The people of Sodom loved sodomy so much that they named the town after it.

Almighty God sent down a couple of His angels down to check out the situation, and the Gay Community in Sodom trying to violate the angel's holy butt holes. God was so divinely pissed He condemned the whole city.

Every post in this discussion proves you're a liar and a racist Democrat
I have voted my entire life straight Republican ticket. I have told this over and over and over.
When it was Trump Clinton, the only reason I voted for Trump is so Hillary would not be elected.
I did not vote in Biden Trump, I could not vote for Trump (no way) and I knew Biden would win.

Do you understand the word Racist?

Every post in this discussion proves you're a liar and a racist Democrat
Yup. He’s on another thread celebrating how wonderful it is that Lori Lightfoot got a teaching job at Harvard, and how she is so deserving of that job.

Nobody but a far-left brainwashed idiot would think that.

• Winner
Reactions: kaz
A queer interpretation of DeSantis's pastor's alleged tweet is hardly a political topic.

I have voted my entire life straight Republican ticket. I have told this over and over and over.
When it was Trump Clinton, the only reason I voted for Trump is so Hillary would not be elected.
I did not vote in Biden Trump, I could not vote for Trump (no way) and I knew Biden would win.

Yet, you don't want to get behind the GOP in 2024, even though they haven't determined their candidate yet?

Smells like you are shitting us, Sarge

Yup. He’s on another thread celebrating how wonderful it is that Lori Lightfoot got a teaching job at Harvard, and how she is so deserving of that job.

Nobody but a far-left brainwashed idiot would think that.
Why would anyone in their right mind NOT be be happy Lori Lightfoot got a job? Lori is qualified for the job, and she deserves that job because she has real world experience that goes far beyond some dweeb that has spent their entre life in academia.

I have told you once and I will tell you again, you are כוס, and a גִזעָן יְהוּדִי.

You are upset because a Caucasian was not chosen. Too bad. Go to the corner and cry.

Last edited:

You don't capitalize racist in that context, do you understand it? And you're arguing for the racist, Democrat party, of course you're a racist. I don't give a shit who you claim you voted for until you can say something that didn't come out of Nancy Pelosi's ass

You don't capitalize racist in that context, do you understand it? And you're arguing for the racist, Democrat party, of course you're a racist. I don't give a shit who you claim you voted for until you can say something that didn't come out of Nancy Pelosi's ass
define racist, and how it applies to our conversations we had today.

Go

define racist, and how it applies to our conversations we had today.

Go

Wow, I got a challenge by a racist Democrat! I'll be digging through all our old posts, I'm off! Thank you for this opportunity, thank you!!!!

Jackass

Forum List

Back