Ron Paul's view upon Eric Snowden issue

There's a thing in law, called intent. You should study up on it. Clearly, Snowden's actions were on behalf of Americans, not terrorists.

It doesn't matter what his intent was. He broke US law by releasing the info in the first place. And anyway, whether or not he intended for terrorists or unfriendly nations to get the the info, they did get the info.

Now the coward needs to man up and face the music instead hiding in Russia.

There's a thing in law, called intent. You should study up on it. Clearly, Snowden's actions were on behalf of Americans, not terrorists.

It doesn't matter what his intent was. He broke US law by releasing the info in the first place. And anyway, whether or not he intended for terrorists or unfriendly nations to get the the info, they did get the info.

Ok, sure. Let's string him up and let the macho patriots have their way with him. Then...

Then, will you speak up as loudly about the domestic spying? Big Brother is up your ass. Does that bother you as much as Snowden telling everyone about it?

Proof that terrorists and unfriendlies got the information?

Link?

Didn't think so.

Ok, sure. Let's string him up and let the macho patriots have their way with him. Then...

Then, will you speak up as loudly about the domestic spying? Big Brother is up your ass. Does that bother you as much as Snowden telling everyone about it?

Of course it doesn't. The government is above the law, right Jed? :cuckoo:

Link?

Didn't think so.

Answer this question:

Do you honestly believe that if given the chance, China or Russia or any other nation harboring Snowden would not copy the harddrive of that laptop?

Don't come back and ask me to prove that they did. Just answer the question. Yes or no.

He broke the law. He needs to pay the penalty. If we just let people go who give away state secrets, then what is the point of having an intelligence agency?

I don't feel sorry for him. He put himself in this situation. He needs to man up.

I never said that the gov't is above the law. But the gov't did not break any laws. You may not like it, but the gov't can legally monitor communications. Write your congressman and tell him that you disaprove. Maybe some new legislation can be put into law to bar the gov't from spying on its citizens.

But according to the law, Snowden did commit a crime. Several actually. Is HE above the law?

I never said that the gov't is above the law. But the gov't did not break any laws. You may not like it, but the gov't can legally monitor communications. Write your congressman and tell him that you disaprove. Maybe some new legislation can be put into law to bar the gov't from spying on its citizens.

There's more than one way to betray your country.

True. And maybe the law that allows the gov't to spy on its citizens is a betrayal. I don't hold it against anybody who feels that way. But, the gov't IS acting in accordance with the law. Snowden broke the law. That's just the way it is.

But according to the law, Snowden did commit a crime. Several actually. Is HE above the law?

Not according to FICA court and a secret judgement already released. The interpretation of the Patriot Acts provisions is what is at contest here, and accordingly, NSA has broken the law. That's what this is all about. Of course, no one expects the government to hold themselves responsible. We see how that plays out. IRS scandals, JD scandals, WH scandals, etc...there will be no accountability within the ranks of government "oversight". So far, we KNOW that courts have ruled the broad use and dastardly interpretation of the patriot act is unconsitutional or "beyond the spirit of the law".

Snowden is not guilty of a contract breach the same as any undercover cop who breaks the law to infiltrate a criminal organization is held accountable for their lawlessness while uncovering criminal actions. Sure, he didn't "follow the law" and neither does an undercover cop. I realize you turds believe only the government has the authority to determine who can and who can not break the law and get away with it. I despise that monopoly and will never bow down and lick boots of authority when criminal actions are uncovered.

Link?

Didn't think so.

Answer this question:

Do you honestly believe that if given the chance, China or Russia or any other nation harboring Snowden would not copy the harddrive of that laptop?

Don't come back and ask me to prove that they did. Just answer the question. Yes or no.

Irrelevant what i think. If you can not prove your allegations, you might want to stop repeating them as though you have. You're speculating and have no evidence to back up your assertion. None. Zero. Zip. Nathan. Nadda.

Come back when you have proof Snowden released sensitive information to "terrorists" and "unfriendlies". Chinese are so unfreidnly too! They sell us shit tons of goods and buy our unsustainable debt. What a bunch of hostiles! :rofl:

Is the law above reproach?

As I recall, the insurrectionary terrorists of 1776 broke a whole passel of laws.

Link?

Didn't think so.

Answer this question:

Irrelevant what i think. If you can not prove your allegations, you might want to stop repeating them as though you have. You're speculating and have no evidence to back up your assertion. None. Zero. Zip. Nathan. Nadda.

Come back when you have proof Snowden released sensitive information to "terrorists" and "unfriendlies". Chinese are so unfreidnly too! They sell us shit tons of goods and buy our unsustainable debt. What a bunch of hostiles! :rofl:

So, you can't even answer the question. I suspect that's because you're too much of a hack to admit that I'm right. You know full well that any country's intellgence agency would indeed access the hard drive of a US intelligence agent's computer. I don't have to prove it. It is just a given that China and Russia got ahold of that hard drive.

That you can't even admit that it's a possiblity says a lot about you. You're nothing but a spineless hack.

Not according to FICA court and a secret judgement already released. The interpretation of the Patriot Acts provisions is what is at contest here, and accordingly, NSA has broken the law. That's what this is all about. Of course, no one expects the government to hold themselves responsible. We see how that plays out. IRS scandals, JD scandals, WH scandals, etc...there will be no accountability within the ranks of government "oversight". So far, we KNOW that courts have ruled the broad use and dastardly interpretation of the patriot act is unconsitutional or "beyond the spirit of the law".

Snowden is not guilty of a contract breach the same as any undercover cop who breaks the law to infiltrate a criminal organization is held accountable for their lawlessness while uncovering criminal actions. Sure, he didn't "follow the law" and neither does an undercover cop. I realize you turds believe only the government has the authority to determine who can and who can not break the law and get away with it. I despise that monopoly and will never bow down and lick boots of authority when criminal actions are uncovered.

Nice try. Snowden isn't an undercover cop who infiltrated a criminal organisation. He was an employee of the US gov't. He breached a contract and broke US law in the process. No matter how much your little brain tries to cook up excuses, that wil always be the case.

What info did terrorists get they didn't already know exactly?

Answer this question:

Answer this question:

Do you honestly believe that if Snowden actually had valuable intel against the United States, China or Russia or any other nation harboring Snowden would not be keeping him instead of trying to get rid of him all the time?

Answer this question:

Answer this question:

Do you honestly believe that if Snowden actually had valuable intel against the United States, China or Russia or any other nation harboring Snowden would not be keeping him instead of trying to get rid of him all the time?

Of course they wouldn't keep him. What, you think that once they have copied his hard drive they have any use for him? He was used like the dumb ass that he is.

Now answer my question.

True. And maybe the law that allows the gov't to spy on its citizens is a betrayal. I don't hold it against anybody who feels that way. But, the gov't IS acting in accordance with the law. Snowden broke the law. That's just the way it is.

Standing up for 'the way it is' is not inherently virtuous and breaking the law - especially when the law has gone off the rails - isn't necessarily a betrayal. In my view, those of you playing this game of distraction - pretending Snowden is guilty of 'spying' rather than the NSA - are the real traitors. You're selling us out to police state government and pissing away our Constitutional rights.

Nice try. Snowden isn't an undercover cop who infiltrated a criminal organisation. He was an employee of the US gov't. He breached a contract and broke US law in the process. No matter how much your little brain tries to cook up excuses, that wil always be the case.

So his obligation was to the governemnt and not to the american people? Duly noted. I realize you're a staunch Statist that believes the government is priviledged to hold stolen information from its citizens adn be above the law, but it is not.

The premise of the undercover cop analogy is not to show that he was an undercover cop, it is to show that when he took his oath, it was under the preamble that criminal activity was not part of the contract. Revealing that information exonerates him from criminal liability in the same fashion as that of an undercover cop.

Now, if you plan on insulting my intelligence again, next time, in another thread, dont use fucking logical fallacy to convey your point. it only makes you look like a complete moron.

Answer this question:

Answer this question:

Of course they wouldn't keep him. What, you think that once they have copied his hard drive they have any use for him? He was used like the dumb ass that he is.

Now answer my question.

Of course they would have. However, the only thing we know he knew or told anyone was the the US was spying on it's own people, and he told China the US is trying to hack them, which is no freaking duh. I'm not willing to conceded without actual facts that they got anything else.

As for letting him go, if they want him to go basically as soon as he gets there, you're pretty much arguing yourself he doesn't know a heck of a lot that helps them.

This is all playing right into Obama's hands. We should be focusing on the real issue, which is why the US is Unconstitutionally spying on it's own citizens. By keeping the debate on Snowden, it's working.

Forum List

Back