Ronald Reagan created the slogan MAGA and I for one think

He did. And Trump poached it minus the "Let's".

Problem is. This isn't 1980. And America was always great. Under both Democrats and Republicans.
In 2024 nobody will be buying the hype anymore.

I think the reaction to MAGA is the underlying negative messages that come with it.
If America was always great why did Xiden say it needed to be built back better? why did Obama say we need Change we can believe in? What was he trying to change if it was great? Why did Clinton say it’s time to change america if it always great?

These were their slogans

If America was always great why did Xiden say it needed to be built back better? why did Obama say we need Change we can believe in? What was he trying to change if it was great? Why did Clinton say it’s time to change america if it always great?

These were their slogans
Good questions. In fact, Obumbler clearly claimed that he sought “fundamental change.” If you seek fundamental change, you must think that something is fundamentally wrong.

We were still Great, even then! We picked up ourselves by our boot straps and dusted ourselves off, and began again.... We've made it through every catastrophe and usually for the better!
You're remembering the recovery from each episode not the brutal reality of the time.

I like rose colors too

They aren't talking about overturning the election or suspending the Constitution.
They talk about "Russian collusion" stealing the election from Hillary and they want to rewrite the Constitution.
The Left is also the ones whom riot in the streets with arson and looting, assaults and murders, illegal "occupation", insurrection, and sedition.

The left frequently burns the USA flag, the Right respects it.

The slogan itself isn’t offensive.

MAGA is just a description for the cult-like behavior from some of the worst in our society.
"the worst in our society" appeared during the Summer of 2020!

They wore black uniforms (reminiscent of Nazi SS) instead of 'brown shirts', and showed up for their "peaceful protests" wearing body armor/padding, helmets, face-shields, and stout clubs holding their "signs". They then engaged in illegal trespass and occupation, riots, looting, mayhem, arson, assaults and murders, illegal firearms possession, attacks on police and government buildings, insurrection, and sedition. Just for a start on the list of the their "lawful" and "peaceful" crimes against our nation, our government (you do know what "autonomous zone" means?), our Constitution and their fellow citizens. This wasn't for just a few hours, or a day or two, but for many months and across our nation.

One can't get much worse than the parasitic, useless, deadwood, anarchistic shyte that composes the "storm troops" of the insurrectionist Left; which is the fascist arm of the Democratic Party. There was nothing "anti-fascist"(AntiFa ?, what a laugh) in their months of insurrection in scores of our cities by tens of thousands seeking to destroy our nation from within.

There's your "cult-like behavior"; and the infectious disease has not been eradicated!

It's hysterical that leftists were never offended until Trump revived it.

They use it as an insult but how is making America great a bad thing? If they were smart they would co opt the slogan but I digress.... IF they were smart is a large obstacle

Wild willie used it as well, but he's a commiecrat, sooooooo...

"the worst in our society" appeared during the Summer of 2020!

They wore black uniforms (reminiscent of Nazi SS) instead of 'brown shirts', and showed up for their "peaceful protests" wearing body armor/padding, helmets, face-shields, and stout clubs holding their "signs". They then engaged in illegal trespass and occupation, riots, looting, mayhem, arson, assaults and murders, illegal firearms possession, attacks on police and government buildings, insurrection, and sedition. Just for a start on the list of the their "lawful" and "peaceful" crimes against our nation, our government (you do know what "autonomous zone" means?), our Constitution and their fellow citizens. This wasn't for just a few hours, or a day or two, but for many months and across our nation.

One can't get much worse than the parasitic, useless, deadwood, anarchistic shyte that composes the "storm troops" of the insurrectionist Left; which is the fascist arm of the Democratic Party. There was nothing "anti-fascist"(AntiFa ?, what a laugh) in their months of insurrection in scores of our cities by tens of thousands seeking to destroy our nation from within.

There's your "cult-like behavior"; and the infectious disease has not been eradicated!
Hmph! You must be really young and not remember or forgot about the LA Riots, Rodney King

or the Liberty City riots.... etc.

2020 Police brutality /Floyd protests were child's play, compared to those imo.

In all my years and through all the bullshit, I have never felt that the United States wasn't a great country. Have there been tough times? Yep. Were there times that me and mine struggled? Yeah, once or twice. But through them all I could not once think of any other country in which I would rather live. And I/we always came out the other end stronger.

You'll know when the U.S. is no longer great. It will be when people from other countries no longer fight and struggle and risk their lives to immigrate here. When that happens, worry. Until then, just because you struggle, just because times may be a little tough, and just because "your people" don't control the government, It doesn't mean the country is not great. It just means you have to deal with a little disappointment for a little while.

Deal with it.

"Gee, what's wrong with making America great again! Gosh! Gee!"

The goal is not the issue. The behaviors and the tactics are the issue.

It's sad that something that obvious even needs to be said.

Last edited:
America Can Do Better:

- Lower Unemployment
- Lower Inflation
- Lower Dependency on Foreign Energy

Reagan played on that (faux) malaise...which largely wasn't Carter's fault. Jimmy just wasn't very good at messaging. Too nice of a guy. And Reagan's tax cuts and policy changes would eventually lead to the absolute cluster fuck that we enjoy today.

Sorry son, I lived through both the Carter and Reagan era.
America has always been great. We've always loved her. And she will continue on despite every alt-right attempt to destroy her underpinnings.

It's you that we hate. Why? Because you've become a cancer.
Listen Jack, I presume we are about the same age, so, I am not now, nor would I ever claim to be your "son"...

I lived through both as well....I remember well the long gas lines, rampant inflation, military blunders, hostage taking by our enemies, crushing interest rates, etc. of the Carter years, and the amazing rebound of the Reagan years....

If it's anyone 'trying to destroy the underpinnings of the nation' it is now, and always has been liberals, and the Democrat party....What you are perpetrating here is revisionist history at best, and a damn lie at its probability....

They aren't talking about overturning the election or suspending the Constitution.
No, of course they don't talk about overturning an election, they just do it, then deny it ever happened...like children....As for the the Constitution, let's get in the 'way back machine' shall we?

All the way back, 23 months ago, to August 2021....

The only use Democrats have for the Constitution is when they can twist it to fit their destructive actions...

It's hysterical that leftists were never offended until Trump revived it.

They use it as an insult but how is making America great a bad thing? If they were smart they would co opt the slogan but I digress.... IF they were smart is a large obstacle

America is only great when Dotard Trump is in the W.H? Too bad he's a disgrace & the worst POTUS in history.

Forum List

Back