Ronald Reagan had Alzheimer's while president, son says

how about simply appreciating that he was a good president, no need to make this a partisan issue and certaintly no need to bash his mental health

shall we bash the personal shortcomings of all presidents? i highly doubt you take democrat presidents to task....

Obama sucks, he is a third Bush term.

Clinton was a bit above average, but not outstanding.
Was stupid about women and such though.

And the truth about Reagans altzheimers is not bashing.

they have pills to control those knees jerking Yurt.

"the truth"....? really....so his son's OPINION is now truth...?

amazing how you believe an opinion is fact when it fits your world view

Ohh just quit being an argumentative child.

I already posted some glaring inaccuracies in his book in the last Reagan was a drolling idiot thread......if the kid cannot even keep simple dates, doctors visit and prognosis straight for his dad, I am not buying HIS unalloyed ill educated view on what reagans neurological condition was like either...

Who cares if you besmirch him. I just think it's pretty shitty for this guy to do what he's doing.

Thats' all. Maybe a little respect for his dead father.. or even better, for his live mother?

Does anyone even know what " tone" or context that Ron Jr talked about his dads altzheimers?

Or is it just the fact that he talked about it at all?
Altzheimers is a BIG problem folks, several ov you stand an outstanding chance of getting it.
If it is a forbidden subject that does not help the sufferers or their families deal with it.

you literally watch your loved one die a bit at a time, and they realize they are going down as well. Cancer is lots faster and more merciful.

Honestly? No. However, given he's been shitting on his parents for most of his life, I doubt this is conciliatory. I could be wrong though.

yes you could, I could and he could. But I tend to think he would not lie about this in a book. But who knows.

all I know is that if our president was suffering from altzheimers while in office he should have been removed.
PERIOD!

Does anyone even know what " tone" or context that Ron Jr talked about his dads altzheimers?

Or is it just the fact that he talked about it at all?
Altzheimers is a BIG problem folks, several ov you stand an outstanding chance of getting it.
If it is a forbidden subject that does not help the sufferers or their families deal with it.

you literally watch your loved one die a bit at a time, and they realize they are going down as well. Cancer is lots faster and more merciful.

Honestly? No. However, given he's been shitting on his parents for most of his life, I doubt this is conciliatory. I could be wrong though.

yes you could, I could and he could. But I tend to think he would not lie about this in a book. But who knows.

all I know is that if our president was suffering from altzheimers while in office he should have been removed.
PERIOD!

Well, yeah, but it' really doesn't matter much now.

How do you know it's true?

I do not absolutely and am prepared to revise my stance if proven wrong.
I do however tend to believe Reagans own son before a right wing pundit or pundits parrot.
And I also have some experience with altzheimers. My mother died from it a couple of months ago.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Not sure I'd put too much stock in what Ron says, though. He's hardly a dispassionate judge.

Obama sucks, he is a third Bush term.

Clinton was a bit above average, but not outstanding.
Was stupid about women and such though.

they have pills to control those knees jerking Yurt.

"the truth"....? really....so his son's OPINION is now truth...?

amazing how you believe an opinion is fact when it fits your world view

Ohh just quit being an argumentative child.

so you are calling his son's opinion fact....

like i said, anything to make your world view seem correct you will glom onto with all your life force....even a lay person's OPINION

weird

His Ron is just an immature person who still holds a grudge from his earlier years. It was apparent they didn't get along years ago.

It is indeed very possible that the president had Alzheimers at the end of his administration. If you recall, there were published reports that he no longer rode horses when back at his ranch.

He should have stepped down, or encouraged by Nancy while he had the faculties to understand that. You never know when a crisis could have occurred when he had to address the people.

As luck would have it, his advisors were able to keep the ship sailing during that last year and they did well. Better than the present with a man with his faculties at full speed.

I believe there were private prayers being said for him.

For what reason would his son do this? For greed, vengence, or 15 minutes of fame. Lack of character in this chap.

His Ron is just an immature person who still holds a grudge from his earlier years. It was apparent they didn't get along years ago.

It is indeed very possible that the president had Alzheimers at the end of his administration. If you recall, there were published reports that he no longer rode horses when back at his ranch.

He should have stepped down, or encouraged by Nancy while he had the faculties to understand that. You never know when a crisis could have occurred when he had to address the people.

As luck would have it, his advisors were able to keep the ship sailing during that last year and they did well. Better than the present with a man with his faculties at full speed.

For what reason would his son do this? For greed, vengence, or 15 minutes of fame. Lack of character in this chap.

Of course his parents had nothing to do with how he turned out? ;)

Have a good life Knotheads.
Get re-bent.

Your anecdotal experience and little Ronnie's cheap piece of shit book don't add up to a medical diagnosis.

Bent means angry right?

No way I take you seriously.

And I have known Yurt far longer than you and I put more stock in his posts than yours by far.
But he is still more partisan nutz than I am.

Last edited:
Ronald Reagan had Alzheimer's while president, says son | World news | The Guardian

Ronald Reagan's sons have locked horns over the former president's political legacy after the younger brother, Ron, said his late father's battle with Alzheimer's began while he was in the White House.

The spat opens up a subject that has long been a talking point – when did the 40th president begin to become mentally impaired by the disease. He was formally diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 1994, five years after he left office. Reagan died 10 years later at 93.
<more>
"Years later (Reagan) boasted (that is: lied) about liberating the Nazi death camps, even as he was forced to defend his bizarre decision to bestow presidential honors on the dead at the cemetery in Bitburg, Germany, final resting place for the blood-drenched members of the Waffen SS.

"Reagan possessed a special talent for the suspension of disbelief when it came to the facts of his own life. Perhaps, if the Earth in Simi Valley refuses to receive his corpse, the custodians of Bitburg could erect a cenotaph for Reagan on those chilly grounds."

The Nature of Ronald Reagan

Of course his parents had nothing to do with how he turned out? ;)

I may be your parents fault the way turned out, but it is your fault if you plan to stay that way.

Everyone needs to cease besmirching the image of Ron Reagan right now.

He cannot continue on the path to rightwing sainthood if it is believed that he suffered from dementia while President

how about simply appreciating that he was a good president, no need to make this a partisan issue and certaintly no need to bash his mental health

shall we bash the personal shortcomings of all presidents? i highly doubt you take democrat presidents to task....
You've freely bashed every Democratic President.

If anyone has a grudge it's Michael who was abandoned by Reagan. Ron Jr. and his sister didn't know that had a half brother and sister until they were older.

If anyone has a grudge it's Michael who was abandoned by Reagan. Ron Jr. and his sister didn't know that had a half brother and sister until they were older.

That doesn't negate the fact that there were problems with the relationship between Ron and the President.

Ronald Reagan had Alzheimer's while president, says son | World news | The Guardian

Ronald Reagan's sons have locked horns over the former president's political legacy after the younger brother, Ron, said his late father's battle with Alzheimer's began while he was in the White House.

The spat opens up a subject that has long been a talking point – when did the 40th president begin to become mentally impaired by the disease. He was formally diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 1994, five years after he left office. Reagan died 10 years later at 93.
<more>

Little Ron has been an embarrassment and a thorn in the family side for decades. Nothing new here... he has always gone out of his way to sully his folks. Little sissy needs a good smack in the mouth if you ask me.
....Kinda like....

img12684145.jpg

.......and, while Michael Reagan maintains his momentum as a loud-mouthed asshole.......Ron's still rubbin' "conservative"-nose in their own bullshit.

emoticon_turd.gif

I remember seeing with my own eyes Regan while still president stopping in mid sentance and looking blank.

In light of his diagnosis later it was obvious what was happening.

I remember many pondering if he was in the early onset of this disease

Forum List

Back