Roots is Bullshit - lolololol

Do you think the existance of African slavers justifies the slavery in the US? Were we, as a country, forced to buy and sell humans like cattle?
Irrelevant.

Do you think we rip up our constitution and install a totalitarian communist government based an a fucking lie?

I am laughing at you

Let's tell it as it is.

"Roots" (which I have never watched and have no interest in doing so) was a heart-felt attempt to create sympathy for that particular ethnicity.

And no doubt it succeeded magnificently.

That certain parts may not have been based on actual history does not matter,

It made a lot of folks feel proud of their heritage.

And it made other folks ashamed of what their ancestors may have done to other folks.

So it was a success in that sense.
And so is CRT.

Thanks for the admission.

The point of the OP is not to portray slavery as less than evil. It is to counter the left-wing myth that Europeans invaded Africa's interior to hunt down people to enslave.

Europeans would not have risked their lives doing that. Though armed, a ship's crew would have been too greatly outnumbered by Africans who would not have tolerated that, especially after trading arms for slaves.
I never commented on who was responsible for slave trading other than to say it was wrong, no matter who was responsible for it. Seems odd that you are so adamant about defending the honor of Europeans, but I haven't spent much time worrying about that either way.

Irrelevant.

Do you think we rip up our constitution and install a totalitarian communist government based an a fucking lie?

I am laughing at you
And who do you think wants to rip up our constitution and install a totalitarian communist government?

I don't live in those countries.
We dont practice slavery and havent for over 150 years, we fought a bloody civil war to end the practice. But Arabs still practice slavery as do blacks in Africa. No white man raided a black village to get slaves they were all sold to whites by other blacks and Arabs. The US had the smallest number of slaves delivered to it among the Americas and else where. And most of them were delivered BEFORE the US existed.

I never commented on who was responsible for slave trading other than to say it was wrong, no matter who was responsible for it. Seems odd that you are so adamant about defending the honor of Europeans, but I haven't spent much time worrying about that either way.
You misunderstood the point of the OP, Numbnuts. That's the post I responded to.

Can you read?

But you have. Or at least your ilk has.

We dont practice slavery and havent for over 150 years, we fought a bloody civil war to end the practice. But Arabs still practice slavery as do blacks in Africa. No white man raided a black village to get slaves they were all sold to whites by other blacks and Arabs. The US had the smallest number of slaves delivered to it among the Americas and else where. And most of them were delivered BEFORE the US existed.
Oh no. Don't remind them of the African Slave Trade Act of 1807, signed by Thomas Jefferson.

That kills the narrative. Just loke the OP.

I'm not sure if all that is true, but I don't doubt it. Our country is responsible only for what our country did. I have never said anything different. We, as a country bought those slaves, and treated them as property. What we did still has repercussions in the lives of the descendents of the slaves we bought, and we are responsible for those repercussions too.

Forum List

Back