Roseanne: Black Obama advisor comes from planet of the apes

Who seems most civilized?

0529-roseanne-barr-tmz-3.jpg

0529-roseanne-barr-tweets-5.jpg

0529-barack-obama-valerie-jarrett-getty-4.jpg

Roseanne Barr is not stupid. She knew what would happen when she sent that Tweet. There is something fishy about this IMO. Maybe she wanted out of the show pronto or had some personal issues. As for hiring Olbermann that just shows how in the Liberal tank ABC is. The guy is Left of Left and a complete wack job.

I responded earlier to a comment that 'Freedom of Speech' got Rosanne fired. Agreed. The employer had the right to do so. Then why is what the NFL is requiring of its players any different? Kneelers have been described as practicing 'Freedom of Speech'. Like Rosanne's comments, people are also offended by kneeling during our National Anthem.

The NFL, like ABC, can fire someone who uses 'Freedom of Speech' in a form they disapprove of

Agree?

-Geaux
That is a surprisingly good point. What's good for the goose is good for the gand....

Stop me if you've heard this before.

--- "Gandalf"? :dunno:

We'll see. However, as the title of the thread states, the firing of Rosanne validates the crackdown on kneelers in the NFL and the subsequent firings that could arise.

They can join the ranks of the Kaperkneeler

Or not. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole of the Player's association protests now...just because they can.

What in the wide wide world of sports are "Terps"?

Maryland Terrapins men's basketball

The Maryland Terrapins men's basketball team represents the University of Maryland in National Collegiate Athletic Association Division I competition. Maryland, a founding member of the Atlantic Coast Conference, left the ACC in 2014 to join the Big Ten Conference. :dunno:

Maryland Terrapins football
The Maryland Terrapins football team represents the University of Maryland, College Park in the sport of American football. The Terrapins compete in the NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision and the Big Ten Conference. The Terrapins joined the Big Ten Conference on July 1, 2014, following 62 years in the Atlantic Coast Conference as a founding member. The Terrapins are currently coached by D. J. Durkin. Since 1950, the Terrapins have played their home games at Maryland Stadium in College Park, Maryland with occasional home games from time to time in Baltimore, making them one of two FBS football teams in the Baltimore–Washington metropolitan area and the closest Football Bowl Subdivision team to Washington, D.C. The team's official colors of red, white, black, and gold have been in use in some combination since the 1920s and are taken from Maryland's state flag, and the Terrapins nickname — often abbreviated as "Terps" — was adopted in 1933 after a turtle species native to the state. Maryland shares storied rivalries with Virginia and West Virginia.

Oh, he's talking about college football. A college to which I never went and have never bee.... yawn.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

0529-wanda-sykes-roseanne-bar-tmz-getty-7.jpg

Wanda Sykes is following Whitney Cummings out the door of "Roseanne" -- but her exit is a direct response to Roseanne Barr's racist attack on an Obama aide, a woman who's a close friend of Wanda's ... TMZ has learned.

Wanda kept it short and sweet, saying ... "I will not be returning to ['Roseanne']." The timing is no coincidence, coming within an hour of Barr's apology for calling an Obama adviser the product of "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes."

A source close to Wanda tells us Roseanne's tweet is "100 percent why [Wanda] quit." We're told Wanda and Valerie Jarrett, the Obama adviser, are friends ... and hung out together as far back as 2009, when Wanda hosted the White House Correspondents' Dinner.

Wanda Sykes Quits 'Roseanne' Producing Gig Due to Roseanne's Racist Tweet

Thank you, Wanda!

I responded earlier to a comment that 'Freedom of Speech' got Rosanne fired. Agreed. The employer had the right to do so. Then why is what the NFL is requiring of its players any different? Kneelers have been described as practicing 'Freedom of Speech'. Like Rosanne's comments, people are also offended by kneeling during our National Anthem.

The NFL, like ABC, can fire someone who uses 'Freedom of Speech' in a form they disapprove of

Agree?

-Geaux
That is a surprisingly good point. What's good for the goose is good for the gand....

Stop me if you've heard this before.

--- "Gandalf"? :dunno:

We'll see. However, as the title of the thread states, the firing of Rosanne validates the crackdown on kneelers in the NFL and the subsequent firings that could arise.

They can join the ranks of the Kaperkneeler

Or not. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole of the Player's association protests now...just because they can.

I'm sure they will but in the moment of the game what will happen is, most (but not all) of the players will assert their independence by taking the option (OP thinks it's a "crackdown") of staying in the locker room. Perhaps they all will but the worst "optics" would be a bench with four players standing there, demonstrating that most players choose not to be pawns.

Of course in order for those optics to get out somebody would have to be snapping those pics, since (again) the national anthem isn't part of the telecast, so nobody would otherwise know.... but then that's how the whole fake "story" bubbled up in the first place.

Roseanne Barr shows she is a true Trump supporter. Her racial tweets are the feelings of too many Trump supporters.
She is paying the price by the loss of millions of dollars because her show was cancelled.
Sooner or later most Trump supporters and Trump will face the same demise. History has shown immoral, unethical people eventually lose and lose big.

The immoral, unethical people lost big in 2016. Hence, we have President Trump.

Forum List

Back