Roseanne: Black Obama advisor comes from planet of the apes

I responded earlier to a comment that 'Freedom of Speech' got Rosanne fired. Agreed. The employer had the right to do so. Then why is what the NFL is requiring of its players any different? Kneelers have been described as practicing 'Freedom of Speech'. Like Rosanne's comments, people are also offended by kneeling during our National Anthem.

The NFL, like ABC, can fire someone who uses 'Freedom of Speech' in a form they disapprove of

Agree?

-Geaux

Actually the NFL relented on its prior insistence that players have to trot out like uniformed marionettes and will now allow them to stay in the locker room, so no.

TV entertainers usually have a "morality clause" meaning they can be terminated for actions that reflect badly on the employer. In the case of the NFL the entity that took action embarrassing to the NFL was the NFL itself, for trotting out an irrelevant charade during what's supposed to be a football game.

Can they do that? Sure, it's their game. But let's not pretend something got started with the reaction to it.

Kneeling caused me to delete pro football from my To Do List. Staying in the locker room during the anthem is just as bad and as far as I'm confirmed, the low class bastards can stay there during the game. I won't be watching it. Go Terps! Fear The Turtle!

What in the wide wide world of sports are "Terps"? Are you a fan of Terpsichore, the Greek muse of dance?

Meanwhile Hoss I love the phrase "as far as I'm confirmed". I'm gonna find a way to steal it.
Probably in some context having to do with Catholic sacraments.

1520286613-roseanne-behind-the-scenes-drama.jpg

Racist Roseanne
just put a lot of people out of work.

Why can't the show go on without her? 8 Simple Rules went for two more seasons after John Ritter's passing and he, just like Roseanne, was the show's leading character.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

Holly has a point here.

I don't watch TV and have never seen her show but if she plays a character in it, why don't they just write scripts around whatever this incident is? Say she (the character) is in prison. Or write a script where she sends a racist tweet, if that's what happened, and let her take the consequences right there in the show. She can get pilloried, be contrite, be defiant, whatever works. Integrate the whole kerfuffle right into the script.

Now THAT would get big ratings. They're sitting on a gold mine here.
I wasn't a watcher of the show either, but I have never liked it when one person ruins something for everyone else.

God bless you and the rest of her show's cast always!!!

Holly

Eventually, there will be no more king kong movies, planet of the apes movies, or anything with a primate in it. It may offend blacks.:cuckoo:

[

ABC has the right to screw themselves if they feel so compelled.

Only a liberally biased entity would be so dumb as to get rid of the hottest show on television over a God Damned tweet.

I'm not a liberal --- but I think it was over the top. Well over. Would you say that about anyone? In print, on Twitter? With your name attached?

It was a needless and pointless crass joke. It was perhaps in bad taste, if only for the total lack of PC. But it was just a joke. The way the network and Sarah Gilbert react, called it "abhorrent" and "reprehensible," I say folks, you need to get a life. They were just words. Jarrett has long been associated with the Muslim Brotherhood, and the Planet of Apes thing, well, apparently in today's world, no one has a sense of humor, no one is excused bad taste, unless you are Steve Colbert or Kathy Griffin, and what is far scarier than Roseanne's off-color tasteless humor is the way the world pulls the rug out and runs in horror, from anything even perceived the slightest bit off-the-wall. Bottom line is that the show was a huge success, and if no one else picks the show up (Fox?), this will cost ABC a lot of money. Apparently in today's world, even apologies are no longer good enough and no one gets a second chance (unless you are Stephen Colbert and Kathy Griffin).
I am so sick and tired of people like you, who come before the public to rationalize the shit that the Trump people do and have shit all over liberals and blacks for same fuckin shit, I'm sick of it. You maggots know good and gotdamed well, had she went after Trump like this, you fuckers would have a fuckin melt down. Guess what, Al Franken was being funny with that soldier woman and his ass got the boot. Stop wanting your cake and wanting to eat it too....and just for the record, ABC will lose nothing...I am now a fan as will others become fans.....YOU TRUMP BASTARDS DON'T RUN THIS COUNTRY!!

Also regarding Roseanne's comments, this will be her legacy now. It has forever tainted her original series now because she has outed herself as a racist. Her career in show business is over, her new show a blip in the ether.

She destroyed her own career and legacy with one sentence.

I've seen ABC comedians and hosts call white celebrities "Casper" and the President "Orange", and fat shaming Rossane even as far as calling her white trash, so where was the firing for their jokes that crossed the line? Is this just a double standard or a ploy to paint Trump supporters with that demonizing broadstroke brush they've been using since inception?
ABC had no problem constantly having this blatant racist on it's shows and news:
tmp-cam--315585458.jpg

Chris Rock Videos at ABC News Video Archive at abcnews.com

Also regarding Roseanne's comments, this will be her legacy now. It has forever tainted her original series now because she has outed herself as a racist. Her career in show business is over, her new show a blip in the ether.

Isaac, I'm seeing a pattern here.....good honest usta be decent people all jumping on the Titanic known as Trump and leaving the boat soaked in his bullshit

Pretty sure she doesn't give a shit. She will just head back to her coffee plantation. Unless people will start to boycott whomever sells it.

Forum List

Back