Rossi Circuit Judge

this gun is about as far from "perfect" as you can get and as I said, it's no better than a $100 410 single shot. What you "gain" in a fast second shot, you lose by not having a choked barrel (ie, another 20 ft or so of effective range with birdshot. For $800, you're out of your MIND, man.

I'll tell you what. You show me another rifle that weighs 3 pounds, accurately fires five shots as fast as you can pull the trigger (for security, not hunting), can be used to successfully, legally and ethically hunt any animal in Missouri including waterfowl and upland game birds (well, we have elk now, but you can't hunt them), uses light weight ammunition, and does it all for less than $325.

I can't thing of a better single firearm for an extended camping, hiking or canoeing trip...and that is what I bought this gun for.

Well said, my friend! And good points.

Took the Circuit Judge to the range today...patterned and sighted in.

255 grain Winchester flat-nose @ 25 yard. Not quite touching, but 5 shots in a 1.5 inch group...4 within an inch. VVV

IMAG0999.jpg
IMAG1000.jpg

#6 Winchester 3" @ 33 yards VVV
IMAG0993.jpg

#6 Winchester 3" @ 25 yards VVV
IMAG0994.jpg

#6 Winchester @ 25 yards VVV

IMAG0996.jpg

#5 Remington 2.5" @ 20 yards VVV
IMAG0997.jpg

I didn't take any #7.5 shot shells, but I think it is safe to extrapolate that #7.5 shot in a 3 inch shotshell could get you out to 35 or 40 yards for squirrels and rabbits.

Pretty pleased all around with the Circuit Judge performance.

With a 1 inch grouping @ 25 yards open sights, 75-100 yard hunting range seems easily attainable.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back