Roughly 80% of all voters say U.S. needs secure borders, including 68% of Democrats: Harvard poll

The Dims are fooling themselves if they think opposing the border wall is a winning issue. Not only are they opposing that, they are opposing funding for more judges and for more beds in detention centers for illegal aliens waiting for their hearings.

A wide-reaching poll conducted by Harvard University reveals that majorities of U.S. voters — including Democrats — appear to agree with many of President Trump's most basic beliefs about immigration.

The findings reveal, for example, that eight out of 10 of all U.S. voters — 79 percent — say the U.S. needs secure borders; 93 percent of Republicans, 80 percent of independents and 68 percent of Democrats agree with that.

Another 79 percent of voters overall say immigration priorities should be granted on a person’s “ability to contribute to America”; 87 percent of Republicans, 79 percent of independents and 72 percent of Democrats agree.

Meanwhile, 68 percent overall oppose a lottery-based immigration system which is meant to ensure “greater diversity: in the U.S.; 78 percent of Republicans, 65 percent of independents and 62 percent of Democrats agree.

In addition, 61 percent overall say U.S. border security is inadequate; 84 percent of Republicans, 64 percent of independents and 40 percent of Democrats agree.

Okay, idjit. One more time. They asked about Border Security. Yah, I know, I type Border security and you see Wall and nothing else. No, it's Border Security and it's a lot more than a friggin wall. But you seem to have read, "No, it's Wall and it's a lot more than a friggin wall.". This is like trying to dribble a basket ball with no air in it.
You're too fucking stupid to bother arguing with.

Actually he made a very cognitive point. To you border security means a wall and only a wall. It's very one dimensional thinking. So much so that the Washington Times was easily able to fool you into thinking most Americans want this waste of money.
The wall is the primary feature of border security, but not the only one. The wall slows them down so we have time to get there if they decide to climb over it. It's a deterrent to most people so we don't have to catch and release those. Cameras and sensors will not stop them from coming through the border, they will just give us the ability to watch them do it. Need the wall to actually stop them.

You don't need a wall, it;'s too expensive. We don;'t have a major illegal immigration problem right now. We actually need more legal immigration but I'm going to guess you're not in favor of that.

The Dims are fooling themselves if they think opposing the border wall is a winning issue. Not only are they opposing that, they are opposing funding for more judges and for more beds in detention centers for illegal aliens waiting for their hearings.

A wide-reaching poll conducted by Harvard University reveals that majorities of U.S. voters — including Democrats — appear to agree with many of President Trump's most basic beliefs about immigration.

The findings reveal, for example, that eight out of 10 of all U.S. voters — 79 percent — say the U.S. needs secure borders; 93 percent of Republicans, 80 percent of independents and 68 percent of Democrats agree with that.

Another 79 percent of voters overall say immigration priorities should be granted on a person’s “ability to contribute to America”; 87 percent of Republicans, 79 percent of independents and 72 percent of Democrats agree.

Meanwhile, 68 percent overall oppose a lottery-based immigration system which is meant to ensure “greater diversity: in the U.S.; 78 percent of Republicans, 65 percent of independents and 62 percent of Democrats agree.

In addition, 61 percent overall say U.S. border security is inadequate; 84 percent of Republicans, 64 percent of independents and 40 percent of Democrats agree.

Okay, idjit. One more time. They asked about Border Security. Yah, I know, I type Border security and you see Wall and nothing else. No, it's Border Security and it's a lot more than a friggin wall. But you seem to have read, "No, it's Wall and it's a lot more than a friggin wall.". This is like trying to dribble a basket ball with no air in it.

Actually he made a very cognitive point. To you border security means a wall and only a wall. It's very one dimensional thinking. So much so that the Washington Times was easily able to fool you into thinking most Americans want this waste of money.
The wall is the primary feature of border security, but not the only one. The wall slows them down so we have time to get there if they decide to climb over it. It's a deterrent to most people so we don't have to catch and release those. Cameras and sensors will not stop them from coming through the border, they will just give us the ability to watch them do it. Need the wall to actually stop them.

You don't need a wall, it;'s too expensive. We don;'t have a major illegal immigration problem right now. We actually need more legal immigration but I'm going to guess you're not in favor of that.
More bullshit. The wall is the cheapest and most effective solution. The wall is a force multiplier, which means you need fewer personal to have the same effect.

The fact that it will work is why you're against it.

No one is fooled.

You keep saying obvious bullshit like "it's too expense" and then offer no proof to support your idiotic claims. Your claim that we "don;'t have a major illegal immigration problem right now" is also obvious bullshit.

It couldn't be more obvious that the people who oppose the wall oppose doing anything effective about border security.

The wall is the best, most effective, and cheapest solution.

"Maintaining current border fencing, whether physical or electronic is money better spent. "

In other words, you propose to do nothing. You're a douchebag. Your opinion can be ignored. It's obvious bullshit.

We also need to ensure we are fully funding our border patrol and staffing at points of entry to including courts needed to handle the influx of refugees at the border who have a legal right to seek asylum.

You want to spend massive amounts every year on more border patrol, but you claim the wall is too expensive? You're a moron and an obvious liar.

We also need to increase legal immigration as we aren't pumping out the brats like we need to and jobs need to be filled, might as well take the opportunity to pick those who are not criminals then having to sort it all out later.

But, I'm going to guess your reply is going to be somewhat to moderately offensive as you whine about losing your cultural identity.

The last thing we need to do is increase legal immigration.

More bullshit. The wall is the cheapest and most effective solution. The wall is a force multiplier, which means you need fewer personal to have the same effect.

No one is fooled.

You keep saying obvious bullshit like "it's too expense" and then offer no proof to support your idiotic claims. Your claim that we "don;'t have a major illegal immigration problem right now" is also obvious bullshit.

it's 20 billion plus to build and maintain for years to come, I'm not even sure why shutting down the government for 5.6 billion is even worth it. Hasn't Trump ballooned the deficit enough? I mean, I understand running a high deficit during economic downturns but raising them by increased spending and tax cuts during economic good times makes no sense.

You would think since we haven't had a wall yet that we'd all be speaking Spanish by now, hasn't happened and because of that most Americans don't want it, which was the point you were making in your OP and are obviously running away from now.

It couldn't be more obvious that the people who oppose the wall oppose doing anything effective about border security.

"Maintaining current border fencing, whether physical or electronic is money better spent. "

In other words, you propose to do nothing. You're a douchebag. Your opinion can be ignored. It's obvious bullshit.

We also need to ensure we are fully funding our border patrol and staffing at points of entry to including courts needed to handle the influx of refugees at the border who have a legal right to seek asylum.

You want to spend massive amounts every year on more border patrol, but you claim the wall is too expensive? You're a moron and an obvious liar.

We also need to increase legal immigration as we aren't pumping out the brats like we need to and jobs need to be filled, might as well take the opportunity to pick those who are not criminals then having to sort it all out later.

But, I'm going to guess your reply is going to be somewhat to moderately offensive as you whine about losing your cultural identity.

Never said i wanted to do nothing, I believe the Democrats are already putting up billions for border security, that;s a good thing.

And yes, we need more immigration and specifically unskilled.

The Danger From Low-Skilled Immigrants: Not Having Them

I can quote bits and pieces but you should (I know you won't) read the whole thing.

No one is fooled.

it's 20 billion plus to build and maintain for years to come, I'm not even sure why shutting down the government for 5.6 billion is even worth it. Hasn't Trump ballooned the deficit enough? I mean, I understand running a high deficit during economic downturns but raising them by increased spending and tax cuts during economic good times makes no sense.

You would think since we haven't had a wall yet that we'd all be speaking Spanish by now, hasn't happened and because of that most Americans don't want it, which was the point you were making in your OP and are obviously running away from now.
It's a $25 billion one time cost for building it. Maintaining it will be pocket change if its made of prestressed concrete. How much do you imaging hiring more border patrol will cost? Hiring 10,000 more at $120,000/yr salary plus benefits will cost $1.2 billion/yr. Doubling the border patrol will cost about $5 billion/yr more. That still doesn't account for their equipment or any other measures taken.

Secured borders isn't necessarily a wall.

Never said i wanted to do nothing, I believe the Democrats are already putting up billions for border security, that;s a good thing.

And yes, we need more immigration and specifically unskilled.

The Danger From Low-Skilled Immigrants: Not Having Them

I can quote bits and pieces but you should (I know you won't) read the whole thing.

It's obvious that's what you want to do. Every "solution" you propose amounts to doing nothing.

Without a wall, you don't have secure borders.

It pretty much is.

No one is fooled.

It's a $25 billion one time cost for building it. Maintaining it will be pocket change if its made of prestressed concrete. How much do you imaging hiring more border patrol will cost? Hiring 10,000 more at $120,000/yr salary plus benefits will cost $1.2 billion/yr. Doubling the border patrol will cost about $5 billion/yr more. That still doesn't account for their equipment or any other measures taken.

Do we need to double the border patrol? Let's remember you want to build a wall for a declining problem. The number of illegal immigrants from Mexico is declining, not increasing. There is a slight increase from the Northern Triangle of Central America who are fleeing gang violence and unstable governments, something we have had a hand in the past. You're not going to like it but they need us and we need unskilled workers, seems like a match made in heaven.

No one is fooled.

Do we need to double the border patrol? Let's remember you want to build a wall for a declining problem. The number of illegal immigrants from Mexico is declining, not increasing. There is a slight increase from the Northern Triangle of Central America who are fleeing gang violence and unstable governments, something we have had a hand in the past. You're not going to like it but they need us and we need unskilled workers, seems like a match made in heaven.
Doubling the border patrol wouldn't be as effective as the wall. Furthermore, only the wall keeps the illegals from ever setting foot on U.S. soil. Once they manage to set foot on U.S. soil, the process of kicking them out gets a whole lot more lengthy and costly. The wall saves all that money.

I couldn't care less if they need us. We don't need them. Automation is rapidly replacing unskilled workers.

No one is fooled.

Doubling the border patrol wouldn't be as effective as the wall. Furthermore, only the wall keeps the illegals from ever setting foot on U.S. soil. Once they manage to set foot on U.S. soil, the process of kicking them out gets a whole lot more lengthy and costly. The wall saves all that money.

I couldn't care less if they need us. We don't need them. Automation is rapidly replacing unskilled workers.

We do need them, I posted a link that you obviously failed to read.

You are wanting to fix a crisis that does not exist by spending billions of dollars. What happened to the national debt?

More importantly, what happened to your original point in this thread?

The Harvard/Harris poll also shows 45% building a wall and 55% do not. 42% say Congress should give Trump the $5 billion and 58% say they should not.

Also a Gallup poll shows that 51% support taking in refugees from Central America and 43% oppose it.

Trump made these arguments in the midterms and Republicans lost the House.

Not until every American who wants a job has a job that pays a living wage.

Not until every American who wants a job has a job that pays a living wage.

Interesting.

The Harvard/Harris poll also shows 45% building a wall and 55% do not. 42% say Congress should give Trump the $5 billion and 58% say they should not.

Also a Gallup poll shows that 51% support taking in refugees from Central America and 43% oppose it.

The main news of all polls is that they democrats as the unwise

The difference between a 18 yr old voter and a 50 yr old voter. That difference to more conservative proved liberals are the unwise and proves they are being brainwashed by crooks

The men are on trumps side and now will stop this traitor stuff by the deep state

The main news of all polls is that they democrats as the unwise

The difference between a 18 yr old voter and a 50 yr old voter. That difference to more conservative proved liberals are the unwise and proves they are being brainwashed by crooks

The men are on trumps side and now will stop this traitor stuff by the deep state

When you're done typing, look at the screen before posting.

Midterms had gas 75 cents gallon higher.

Dec 312.000 more jobs
Wage gains twice inflation

And the midterms trump
Won in the senate

Now trump
Has the men and military and will stop the unwise from voting electing crooks

No one is fooled.

Exactly Right !!!!

Forum List

Back