Rubio suspended campaign, not ending it...

yeah, i figured that's why he used the term 'suspended' so that he could still control those delegates.

According to google, Rubio has 164 delegates. Interesting. I wonder if the others will suspend instead of drop out as well.

does that mean his delegates (however few) will still have to vote for him at the convention?
It means he stays on the ballots of the remaining states, and it means he has chips to play at a brokered convention.

It means if Trump and Cruz and Kasich are all hit by meteors, he becomes the nominee by default.

And a Kasich Rubio ticket remains a possibility .... though highly unlikely .... probably requiring the meteor strikes
I predict a Kasich/Christie ticket. I know what you're thinking. But isn't Christie so like Trump in so many ways that when the GOP flushes the sociopath, they'll need a Trump-surrogate doll to pacify the "we want a strong no-BS leader!" at least as a VP on the ticket?..

I believe all that are out used suspending their campaign instead of dropping out.
Did any of the others have any delegates?

If they did it was in the single digits. I don’t believe so.
Rubio’s delegates are pledged to him on the first ballot. He can release them but doing so gives him no leverage (i.e. demanding a speaking slot at the convention).

Forum List

Back