Rules For Traditionals: How People In Wedding Trades Can Defend Themselves

'Although Elane Photography made a religious liberty argument in the lower court, they did not bring this claim to the Supreme Court. Instead, they argued that complying with New Mexico’s ban on anti-gay discrimination would “require them to express messages that conflict with their religious beliefs” in violation of the First Amendment’s free speech guarantees.'

This 'argument' would have failed as well, given the Employment Division v. Smith decision was unanimous, holding that religious beliefs cannot 'justify' ignoring or violating just and proper laws, and that just and proper laws, such as New Mexico's public accommodations law, don't violate the First Amendment.

The Market doesn't solve all problems.

Nobody ever said it did. But it's 10 times more effective than then government.

Well, no, it isn't. You buy into the mythology that the Market is all good.

The only reason capitalists don't act a lot worse than they already do is because the government keeps them in line.

In what ways would they act of government didn't "keep them in line?"

'Although Elane Photography made a religious liberty argument in the lower court, they did not bring this claim to the Supreme Court. Instead, they argued that complying with New Mexico’s ban on anti-gay discrimination would “require them to express messages that conflict with their religious beliefs” in violation of the First Amendment’s free speech guarantees.'

This 'argument' would have failed as well, given the Employment Division v. Smith decision was unanimous, holding that religious beliefs cannot 'justify' ignoring or violating just and proper laws, and that just and proper laws, such as New Mexico's public accommodations law, don't violate the First Amendment.

So basically throw free speech and freedom of association out the window.

Got it.

The only reason capitalists don't act a lot worse than they already do is because the government keeps them in line.

Love Canal, for starters. Capitalism, Bripiss, is amoral. You are immoral.

Love Canal, for starters. Capitalism, Bripiss, is amoral. You are immoral.

The county forced hooker chemical company to sell the property to them and then put a pipeline right through a clay lined chemical pit despited being warned by Hooker chemical company not to do that.

Love canal is a perfect example of the government running roughshod over private property owners and then blaming the victims for its irresponsibility.

Capitalism is moral because it's founded on voluntary exchange. Government, on the other hand, is based on force. It's exchange at the point of a gun.

Capitalism is neither 'moral' or 'immoral,' it's a contrivance of man and imbued with man's faults and failings. Consequently business owners, being human, will at times act in bad faith – endangering the safety of employees, polluting the environment, selling unsafe goods and services to consumers – where necessary, proper, and Constitutional regulatory measures are warranted to safeguard citizens from business owners who put profit over the well-being of workers and consumers alike.

Capitalism is neither 'moral' or 'immoral,' it's a contrivance of man and imbued with man's faults and failings. Consequently business owners, being human, will at times act in bad faith – endangering the safety of employees, polluting the environment, selling unsafe goods and services to consumers – where necessary, proper, and Constitutional regulatory measures are warranted to safeguard citizens from business owners who put profit over the well-being of workers and consumers alike.
I can actually agree with this, however, capitalism encourages the worst part of humanity: Greed.

I can actually agree with this, however, capitalism encourages the worst part of humanity: Greed.

Yeah, allowing people to keep what they've earned. How evil!

No, you fail to understand bripat, and I don't want to debate "earned" again... not even worth the name calling.

No, you fail to understand bripat, and I don't want to debate "earned" again... not even worth the name calling.
What's not to understand? When you separate labor from its just reward, you get varying forms of slavery and artificially induced poverty. Only commies like you redefine wanting to keep the fruits of ones labor as "greed" when in fact depriving people of their just remuneration is true greed.

What's not to understand? When you separate labor from its just reward, you get varying forms of slavery and artificially induced poverty. Only commies like you redefine wanting to keep the fruits of ones labor as "greed" when in fact depriving people of their just remuneration is true greed.
:cheers2: If you want as civil discussion, private message me.

See the far left uses words once again that they do not understand the meaning of.

I guess those unions are some real greedy people based on the far left logic being displayed..

I'm sure you don't want to debate it. You'll never win that one.

No, I probably will, it's a literal fact that greed is massive under capitalism, but none the less, I'm tired of derailing threads so you can throw out constant insults.

:cheers2: If you want as civil discussion, private message me.

Absolutely not. Anything you want to say you can say to the whole world.

No, I probably will, it's a literal fact that greed is massive under capitalism, but none the less, I'm tired of derailing threads so you can throw out constant insults.

"Greed" is a meaningless epithet that Marxists coined to libel the achievements of capitalists.

Forum List

Back