Rush Limbaugh is cooked: The stunning fall of the right’s angriest bloviator

You spend a lot more time listening to him than most the people I know. You guys really jack his ratings up. I bet that makes him very happy. He gets money from you nutter listening.

i personaly don't listen to him much at all.

That said, it really doesn't matter what his ratings are if no one wants to advertise on his show

True but someone is advertising.

No, JoeyB, here's the real problem. You continue to make up lies about Rush's advertisers on Chicago's WLS 890 AM.

No, I don't. His advertisers as scams and goldbugs. Seriously, Tax Defenders? That's a scam.

For relative newcomers here this is an old story for JoeyB. He once claimed all of Rush's WLS advertisers had abandoned him in the wake of the Flake flack, forcing the station to air only Public Service Announcements and station self-promos during commercial breaks. We were kind enough at the time to point out he was full of shit as we are now with his latest episode. Just think of it as a blastoff Public Service Announcement.

Oh, Blasty, I know you love Rush more than he loves Dominican Rent Boys, but the fact is, the fat man is going down. You don't have a successful national show with Tax Defense scams and Gold Bugs.

Joey, nice post. Really tells the class a lot about you.

Let's recap. You lied again, posting that WLS 890 AM in Chicago ran no national ads during Rush's show. Only local advertisers you claimed (lied), 10 of them to be exact.

I pointed out your latest lie with the fact that WLS and WOOD in Michigan ran the same exact 3 national spots, in the same order, during the first commercial break of Rush's show yesterday.

And what did you reply with? You admitted you lied when you tried to change the argument to the quality of Rush's national advertisers instead. Debate is definitely not your strong suit, Joey. You come across as an extremely dimwitted liar with the bullshit you post, but the best part about it is you do it over and over again.

Can hardly wait for your next one.

You spend a lot more time listening to him than most the people I know. You guys really jack his ratings up. I bet that makes him very happy. He gets money from you nutter listening.

That said, it really doesn't matter what his ratings are if no one wants to advertise on his show

He has plenty of advertisers.
Agreed. Rush is going nowhere for a long time.

And what did you reply with? You admitted you lied when you tried to change the argument to the quality of Rush's national advertisers instead. Debate is definitely not your strong suit, Joey. You come across as an extremely dimwitted liar with the bullshit you post, but the best part about it is you do it over and over again.

Why, you'll just make a fool out of yourself.

Poor Rush - So Hard Up For Sponsors He s Airing Limbaugh Ads - Boycotters Continue Happy Dance

On January 14, during a normal sponsor break on WJR in Detroit, only one ad (Square Trade) played, followed by PSAs (public service announcements) and promos for other shows on the same network. During that break (where many large prominent sponsors once lived), a monitoring StopRush volunteer noted two unusual promos for The Rush Limbaugh Show. It was documented in the StopRush.net Database by the people who monitor his shows. Of course, before the ad break, Limbaugh was blaming and ranting about how 'folks' should be livid with the Democrats and the president, for Obama's constant abuse of executive powers - and everything bad in the world.

Here's his list of his sponsors on WLS. It's kind of pathetic.

Search Rush Limbaugh Sponsor List

Why, you'll just make a fool out of yourself.

Poor Rush - So Hard Up For Sponsors He s Airing Limbaugh Ads - Boycotters Continue Happy Dance

On January 14, during a normal sponsor break on WJR in Detroit, only one ad (Square Trade) played, followed by PSAs (public service announcements) and promos for other shows on the same network. During that break (where many large prominent sponsors once lived), a monitoring StopRush volunteer noted two unusual promos for The Rush Limbaugh Show. It was documented in the StopRush.net Database by the people who monitor his shows. Of course, before the ad break, Limbaugh was blaming and ranting about how 'folks' should be livid with the Democrats and the president, for Obama's constant abuse of executive powers - and everything bad in the world.

Here's his list of his sponsors on WLS. It's kind of pathetic.

Search Rush Limbaugh Sponsor List
Too funny, Joey! I'll make a fool of myself? I proved beyond a shadow of a doubt you're a lying a-hole re no national advertisers being aired by WLS during Rush's show, so have at any foolishness your pea brain can, quite illogically, dream up.

And just to add some salt to your festering wounded veracity, the first spot in the first commercial break in today's show on both WLS and WOOD was for blindster.com. Too funny, huh? In a spotlight on you lies sort of way that is.

Okay, you're done with this post now so you're free to start working on your next heap of pure bullshit regarding Rush's advertisers. Make it a good one as the class always enjoys a good laugh at your expense.

[

And just to add some salt to your festering wounded veracity, the first spot in the first commercial break in today's show on both WLS and WOOD was for blindster.com.

Thank you for having shared with us the fruits of your devoted monitoring! You must have a great talent - hanging on every word on TWO stations at the same time!

[

And just to add some salt to your festering wounded veracity, the first spot in the first commercial break in today's show on both WLS and WOOD was for blindster.com.

Thank you for having shared with us the fruits of your devoted monitoring! You must have a great talent - hanging on every word on TWO stations at the same time!
No big deal. Even a dimwit like Joey could do it.

He has plenty of advertisers.
Agreed. Rush is going nowhere for a long time.

He has been, that's fer sure.

I know, I know - we've heard it before, but there's no denying the plain truth and the evidence. Sane people, I mean.

I predict he will quit his show in the next year when his contract expires. He will never get big money again, and his ego won't allow him to take any less.

Rush Limbaugh is cooked: The stunning fall of the right’s angriest bloviator
Indianapolis' WIBC is just the latest station to drop him like a bad habit. His days of relevance are numbered

The bad news just keeps coming for conservative talker Rush Limbaugh.

Which bulletin was worse, though? The news in April that he was being dropped by WIBC in Indianapolis, a booming talk powerhouse that played home to Limbaugh’s radio show for more than two decades, or the news this week that the talker’s new address on the Indianapolis dial is going to be WNDE, a ratings doormat AM sports station that has so few listeners it trails the commercial-free classical music outlet in town?

The humbling, red-state tumble is just the latest setback for the conservative talker who has seen his once-golden career suffer a steady series of losses recently.

Divorced from successful, longtime affiliates in places like New York, Los Angeles, Boston, and Indianapolis, Limbaugh’s professional trajectory is heading downward. That’s confirmed by the second and third-tier stations he now calls home in those important media markets, and the fact that when his show became available, general managers up and down the dial passed on it. Apparently turned off by the show’s hefty price tag, sagging ratings, and disappearing advertisers, Limbaugh continues to be a very hard sell.

It’s a precipitous fall from the glory days when the host posted huge ratings numbers, had affiliates clamoring to join his network, and dictated Republican politics. All of that seems increasingly distant now. With his comically inflated, $50 million-a-year syndication deal set to expire next year, Limbaugh’s future seems uncertain. “Who would even want someone whose audience is aging and is considered toxic to many advertisers,” askedRadioInsight last month.

For Limbaugh, the troubles were marked by key events from 2012 and 2013. The first came in the form of Limbaugh’s Sandra Fluke implosion, where he castigated and insulted for days the graduate student who testified before Congress about health care and access to contraception, calling her a “slut” and suggesting she post videos of herself having sex on the Internet. The astonishing monologues sparked an unprecedented advertiser exodus.

The following year, as the host struggled to hang on to fleeing sponsors, radio industry giant Cumulus Media decided to negotiate its Limbaugh contract in public, making it clear through the press that the company was willing to cut ties with the pricey host in major cities where Cumulus owned talk radio stations. In the end, Limbaugh stayed with Cumulus stations, but the company sent a clear signal to the industry: Limbaugh was no longer an untouchable and general managers weren’t clamoring to hire him. Since then, the talker’s fortunes have only faded.

Another looming problem? Conservative talk radio is a “format fewer advertisers are interested in buying because of its aging audience,” noted radio consultant and self-identified Republican Darryl Parks. Limbaugh himself recently conceded a generational disconnect: “Now that I’ve outgrown the 25-54 demographic, I’m no longer confident that the way I see the world is the way everybody else does.

That disconnect may be fueling Limbaugh’s waning political influence. Once a mighty player whose ring was constantly kissed by Republicans, this campaign season seems to be unfolding with Limbaugh on the sidelines, his clout and his ability to drive the conversation seemingly surpassed by other conservative media players.
I think even conservatives are finding his anti-Obama anti-liberal rant a bit boring after 8 years. His show is one trick pony.

Too funny, Joey! I'll make a fool of myself? I proved beyond a shadow of a doubt you're a lying a-hole re no national advertisers being aired by WLS during Rush's show, so have at any foolishness your pea brain can, quite illogically, dream up.

And just to add some salt to your festering wounded veracity, the first spot in the first commercial break in today's show on both WLS and WOOD was for blindster.com. Too funny, huh? In a spotlight on you lies sort of way that is.

Okay, you're done with this post now so you're free to start working on your next heap of pure bullshit regarding Rush's advertisers. Make it a good one as the class always enjoys a good laugh at your expense.

Guy, you are the only person on this thread trying to claim Rush still has any advertisers worth having.

A lot of the other wingnuts here are denying they even listen to the guy. Jesus didn't have such fickle followers.

[

No big deal. Even a dimwit like Joey could do it.

abc_gma_limbaugh_120303_wg.jpg

The ratings for talk radio have been trending down for some time, but Limbaugh is STILL a powerhouse.

Funny how the lefties keep hoping for his demise, while ignoring the many lib TV broadcast networks which have fallen dramatically. Look at the ratings of CNN or MSNBC, for example.

Here is the truth. Can lefties accept it?

audiencechart_june15.jpg

The ratings for talk radio have been trending down for some time, but Limbaugh is STILL a powerhouse.

Funny how the lefties keep hoping for his demise, while ignoring the many lib TV broadcast networks which have fallen dramatically. Look at the ratings of CNN or MSNBC, for example.

again, ratings don't matter if you can't get advertisers.

Glen Beck won his time slot on Fox, but the fact was, no one wanted their ads on his show.

And in markets like Chicago and LA, Limbaugh's show is in the toilet. his show on WLS is in 25th place.

again, ratings don't matter if you can't get advertisers.

Glen Beck won his time slot on Fox, but the fact was, no one wanted their ads on his show.

And in markets like Chicago and LA, Limbaugh's show is in the toilet. his show on WLS is in 25th place.
Oh please Lil' Joe, are you really this uninformed?

Do you really think Rush can't get advertisers, yet he is the leading talk radio program? Wake up!

Do you really think Rush can't get advertisers, yet he is the leading talk radio program? Wake up!

I listened to Rush on WSUA when I was on vacation last month. they pretty much filled the breaks with PSA's because they didn't have advertisers.

I listened to Rush on WSUA when I was on vacation last month. they pretty much filled the breaks with PSA's because they didn't have advertisers.
Well now you have proven yourself to be a liar.

The nations's top radio program for over 20 years can't get advertisers....only in the minds of delusional lefties.

The nations's top radio program for over 20 years can't get advertisers....only in the minds of delusional lefties.

Guy, most advertisers don't want their products on LImbaugh's show.

The next earnings call for Cumulus is tomorrow and Dickey will undoubtedly be asked by Wall Street analysts how Limbaugh’s performing on the 40 Cumulus stations that carry the show. Despite Limbaugh’s immense value, Dickey has previously claimed that Cumulus’s top three stations had lost $5.5 million as a result of the anti-Limbaugh backlash. A while back, ThinkProgress obtained a memoshowing the 96 national companies that had reportedly asked Cumulus to not broadcast their commercials during the Limbaugh program.

Guy, most advertisers don't want their products on LImbaugh's show.

The next earnings call for Cumulus is tomorrow and Dickey will undoubtedly be asked by Wall Street analysts how Limbaugh’s performing on the 40 Cumulus stations that carry the show. Despite Limbaugh’s immense value, Dickey has previously claimed that Cumulus’s top three stations had lost $5.5 million as a result of the anti-Limbaugh backlash. A while back, ThinkProgress obtained a memoshowing the 96 national companies that had reportedly asked Cumulus to not broadcast their commercials during the Limbaugh program.
Stop with your BS joey. You are just digging a bigger hole for yourself.

Stop with your BS joey. You are just digging a bigger hole for yourself.

I know you guys are horrified of what are you going to do without Rush to validate your hate for you.

Im sure you'll find someone when he goes off to live with his Dominican Rent Boy.

Forum List

Back