Russia gives France a puppy

You wrote that long post, which had the effect of making me skip most of it, and never answered my question. I'm not talking about minimum wage jobs. I said forced labor. To be specific unpaid forced labor and as Grace mentioned sex slave labor. Slavery is illegal in Africa so your introduction of legality once you realized you were wrong was nothing but a goal post move. Also as I said slavery is still legal in the US and this is stated in the 13th amendment.

Yes I should have realized that reading was too hard for you... I had more but had to go, though I suppose that doesn't matter since your only goal on this site is to vent and complain.

In any event, I said I was open to your links, but instead of providing them you've tried to paint me as being "wrong" by misrepresenting what I actually said. As a reminder, my original statement was:

Interesting, I would think that comparing modern "ideological slaves" to the actual slaves of US history would be highly offensive.

You'll note that /no where/ in there do I mention that /I/ was speaking only of legal nor illegal slavery in the US. So no I wasn't changing any "goal posts" by asking for links to legal US slavery. ~rolls eyes~

You wrote that long post, which had the effect of making me skip most of it, and never answered my question. I'm not talking about minimum wage jobs. I said forced labor. To be specific unpaid forced labor and as Grace mentioned sex slave labor. Slavery is illegal in Africa so your introduction of legality once you realized you were wrong was nothing but a goal post move. Also as I said slavery is still legal in the US and this is stated in the 13th amendment.

Yes I should have realized that reading was too hard for you... I had more but had to go, though I suppose that doesn't matter since your only goal on this site is to vent and complain.

In any event, I said I was open to your links, but instead of providing them you've tried to paint me as being "wrong" by misrepresenting what I actually said. As a reminder, my original statement was:

Interesting, I would think that comparing modern "ideological slaves" to the actual slaves of US history would be highly offensive.

You'll note that /no where/ in there do I mention that /I/ was speaking only of legal nor illegal slavery in the US. So no I wasn't changing any "goal posts" by asking for links to legal US slavery. ~rolls eyes~

Thanks for reaffirming in your very own words that you initially never mentioned legality but when confronted with my fact you moved the goal posts here....

Links of legal actual slavery in the USA requested.

If you were asking about slavery in general you would have never specified legal slavery which again does exist in the US. I dont understand why people like you say things and then instead of just admitting you made a mistake or you were simply wrong you try to get out of it when the quote is right there to refer back to for the person you are trying to convince. Its really not that big of deal.

I don't understand how you are reading any declaration of legality into my original statement.

But, yet again, I invite you to provide links.

I don't understand how you are reading any declaration of legality into my original statement.

But, yet again, I invite you to provide links.
I didnt read any legality into your original statements. Hence, why I asked you why you were attempting to move the goal posts when you asked for a link but specified legal slavery. Like I said its ok but its baffling to me when people cant simply fess up like this guy did.

Was John Wilkes Booth right to shoot Lincoln? | Page 10 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Last edited:
...I know exactly what I said, I was talking about links to legal slavery in the US, as I'd originally asked for.

Look, you are having a reading comprehension problem here so I'm going to try to explain this again.

Your assumption that my original comment was only applied to legal or illegal slavery is flat out wrong to begin with. My entire original premise was that what people are attempting to label as "slavery" in the US today is /not/ the same as "slavery" in our past, and to compare something like taking a job where one only makes minimum wage to actual slavery is insulting and degrading to the actual /need/ of the historical abolishment movement. I personally find such things offensive, and I was a bit surprised that you, of all people, might subscribe to such an offensive ideaal.

I'm guessing that's not the case as you've now explained that your position is that /illegal/ slavery exists in the US today. Really all I can say about that is... well criminals aren't exactly known for giving a shit about other's "rights."

Still, as I had just said, I invite you to provide links to legal slavery in the US, which you have failed to provide, simply proclaiming that the 13th amendment some how supports slavery. And just to remind you of your words here:

When did you ask about legal slavery? Just curious because it sounds like you are moving the goal posts. Look up the 13th amendment. Slavery is still legal in this country.

I am interested in links supporting that bolded statement.

I am not sure how I can make this any more clear for you to comprehend, sorry.

...I know exactly what I said, I was talking about links to legal slavery in the US, as I'd originally asked for.

Look, you are having a reading comprehension problem here so I'm going to try to explain this again.

Your assumption that my original comment was only applied to legal or illegal slavery is flat out wrong to begin with. My entire original premise was that what people are attempting to label as "slavery" in the US today is /not/ the same as "slavery" in our past, and to compare something like taking a job where one only makes minimum wage to actual slavery is insulting and degrading to the actual /need/ of the historical abolishment movement. I personally find such things offensive, and I was a bit surprised that you, of all people, might subscribe to such an offensive ideaal.

I'm guessing that's not the case as you've now explained that your position is that /illegal/ slavery exists in the US today. Really all I can say about that is... well criminals aren't exactly known for giving a shit about other's "rights."

Still, as I had just said, I invite you to provide links to legal slavery in the US, which you have failed to provide, simply proclaiming that the 13th amendment some how supports slavery. And just to remind you of your words here:

When did you ask about legal slavery? Just curious because it sounds like you are moving the goal posts. Look up the 13th amendment. Slavery is still legal in this country.

I am interested in links supporting that bolded statement.

I am not sure how I can make this any more clear for you to comprehend, sorry.
I never assumed your original statement had anything to do with legality. Hence the reason I asked you why you moved the goal posts by specifying legal slavery. You were the first person to bring up legality. I already told you i wasnt comparing it to minimum wage. All this deflecting is not really getting you anywhere.

I'm not going to provide you links because you can look up the 13th amendment just as easily as I can. You were already provided the source. Its your duty to educate yourself.

Yea sorry I'm done playing your games. I have a three strikes your out policy, sorry.
Typically I'm known to take over games and outperform the person that started the game in the first place. You asked about slavery. I told you. You moved the goal posts. I still told you. You asked for a link to the 13th amendment I told you to find it yourself. I know it hurts but you have to face it. You cant bullshit me.

I never moved the goal posts you, you misunderstood my statement and decided to play stupid to inflate your ePeen. Whatever, I am not in the mood.

I never moved the goal posts you, you misunderstood my statement and decided to play stupid to inflate your ePeen. Whatever, I am not in the mood.
Yeah you did. You asked about slavery in the US. After I said yes you claimed it had to be in south america. Then you specified legal slavery. Once I told you about that you deflected further. Thats what "moving the goal posts" means. Its a logical fallacy on your part and obviously you are in the mood. You replied to me.

Moving the goalposts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Moving the goalposts, similar to "shifting sands" and also known as raising the bar, is an informal fallacy in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded. "

Forum List

Back